Size 8 !!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

An older neighbour of mine got her doctor's permission to join an exercise class for older people. She bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down and perspired for an hour. But, by the time she got her leotard on, the class was over. :cheeky:

Dont know if you know the abbreviation SWL??? its scream with laughter.........That is soooo gonna be me. Once went to an exercise class where an old dear dressed in a leotard completely unaware that she 'flashed' every time we did wide leg exercises :11:bless her!

Bet

Did you hear about the 104 year old lady who was interviewed for a local newspaper? She was asked what was the best thing about being 104 and she simply replied, "No peer pressure." :cheeky:

Did you hear about the 104 year old lady who was interviewed for a local newspaper? She was asked what was the best thing about being 104 and she simply replied, "No peer pressure." :cheeky:

:grin::grin: All the preservatives we ingest one way or another we should all last forever!!!!!

I remember reading an 'Old Age' poem once and a line in it says something like......I read the obituaturies and if my name is not there I know I'm not dead so I go back to bed. Remember it was very funny but worryingly thats all I do remember :15:

She may well be a size 8 :WHO KNOWS: and covered up she looks fine but the way she flaunts her chest does her no favours. I caught a bit of the Treasures of India shows last night and imho she looked like a 55 year old trying to look 25. This dress is not a good look when you have a droopy bust and her skin is very damaged from too much sun. And what is going on with the rock chick roots?? :YIKES: Although I don't like Ms Bossy Boots I do think she can look very elegant but not when she exposes too much flesh and looks like a granny out on the pull. :rolleyes: :pPC:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=694989&country=UK

I was watching (but not buying :angel:) the Treasures of India show PPC and must admit that I never even noticed her chest - so impressed was I with her arms!!! They are really quite nicely toned and I am envious. Thought the style of her hair looked nice too. Roots are a problem when you colour your hair and I do have the black line thing going on myself just before my 5 weekly visit to the hairdresser :confused2:

Looked at the link though and you are absolutely right, if the dress had been one of those with a high neck but still showed the arms it would have looked much nicer. A bit more support round the bosom area would have been good too. (too much Gok methinks!). She did have a model for the necklaces so it wouldnt have been a problem showing them off.

Bet

What a great thread. Great start to Sunday. But sort of depressing too - I bet we'll all turn out like that someday.

What a great thread. Great start to Sunday. But sort of depressing too - I bet we'll all turn out like that someday.

You are dead right Margaret, I have gone out thinking I look the bees knees loads of times and on seeing photos I realised I just looked terribly terribly wrong :sad:

Betx

Thought the style of her hair looked nice too. Roots are a problem when you colour your hair and I do have the black line thing going on myself just before my 5 weekly visit to the hairdresser :confused2:

Bet

You could have the same problem as me instead. I have been going white (not even grey!) since I was 19 and have to have my white roots touched up all the time! My hair is so white,I have medium blond put on and it looks medium brown on me!

As for AK, I think she looks downright scrawny most of the time-and I agree I would rather not see aging baps! I also hate the way she regulalrly states she has the 'real' and hideously expensive version of whatever 'fake' (ie diamonique!) object she is flogging. I also hate the way all of the presenters pretend constantly to be surprised about something you have heard them exclaim about previously-commony on craft shows where she keeps shouting 'look at this!(patricularly irritating when the cameras have been settled on a screen shot of the item and details for what seems like hours.)

I must be turning into a miserable old bat rapidly too as I approach my 50th birthday as I am increasingly irritated by the presenters on QVC-either that or this is just what happens when you have been watching over 5 years!

You could have the same problem as me instead. I have been going white (not even grey!) since I was 19 and have to have my white roots touched up all the time! My hair is so white,I have medium blond put on and it looks medium brown on me!

As for AK, I think she looks downright scrawny most of the time-and I agree I would rather not see aging baps! I also hate the way she regulalrly states she has the 'real' and hideously expensive version of whatever 'fake' (ie diamonique!) object she is flogging. I also hate the way all of the presenters pretend constantly to be surprised about something you have heard them exclaim about previously-commony on craft shows where she keeps shouting 'look at this!(patricularly irritating when the cameras have been settled on a screen shot of the item and details for what seems like hours.)

I must be turning into a miserable old bat rapidly too as I approach my 50th birthday as I am increasingly irritated by the presenters on QVC-either that or this is just what happens when you have been watching over 5 years!

I find that a lot of the things the presenters and the guest say irritate me in a way that is totally out of proportion to what they are doing/saying. I have just turned 50 this month and hadnt thought it could be age. Its like constantly having PMT and I hate it. I am sure my 11s are getting so much worse because of my frowning :sad:

Betx

I assume you know this poem: When I Am Old I Shall Wear Purple?

http://labyrinth_3.tripod.com/page59.html

Aww, thats lovely ILC and yes, I have started my purple wardrope already!

This is me also....

My forgetter's getting better
But my rememberer is broke.
To you that may seem funny but,
To me, that is no joke.

For when I'm "here" I'm wondering
If I really should be "there."
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!

Oft times I walk into a room,
Say "what am I here for?"
I wrack my brain, but all in vain
A zero, is my score.

At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!

When shopping I may see someone,
Say "Hi" and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away,
I ask myself, "who's that?"

Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

Bet :dull:

What is also worth remembering - TELEVISION PUTS ABOUT 10LB ON YOU, so if we think AK and Iggy Pop are skinny, what must they be like in the flesh !!!!!!

ps. Very disappointed at Dale in the flesh - thought he was around the 6' mark, but nooooo, more like 5'8.

I think that nipples below a straight line drawn between your elbows when your arms are by your side is never a good look.

I think that nipples below a straight line drawn between your elbows when your arms are by your side is never a good look.
:giggle:

I remember reading a fashion article in a magazine, a designer who did work for a lot of pop singers. He said that there should be 9" from shoulder to nipple so if any of his clients had more than that, he did a design that hoisted them up a bit :11:

I remember a show where Anthony Heyward siad that AK had just coem back from her role in Benedorm , Her face was a picture ,but she did laugh. I cant do a picture but he was refereing to the mobility scooter riding , chain smoking granny , I wish I could put the 2 up side by side for you to see

Latest posts

Back