Silk'n Glide TSV 08/07/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The cheapest model is about £125, upto £178 for the higher end model. I have no idea what the difference is.

Looks the same as the model I have, but in a different colour. Think it cost me about £150. And yes, it works. Requires patience and commitment though, as with all laser hair removal.

I am having difficulty using my Braun epiltor following my brain haemorrhage , so I am reallyhopingfor a good price on this asI may well br tempted
Hx

Hi Jabba, I have the larger model and it does trigger a very bright flash when you use it. I have to put on dark glasses as it triggers migraines. Not sure if flashing lights would cause you any issues/be on the TSV model but thought it was something you should be aware of. Also the cartridges are quite pricey for the larger model (£30) and they don't last that long so another thing to consider if the TSV needs replacement cartridges. It works well but I tend to use it for larger areas and the Tria for smaller :)

Silk'n Glide 150,000 Home Pulse Light Hair Removal System
Item Number: 400733
QVC Price £175.00
Today's Special Value Price £144.72
P&P £6.95

Silk'n Glide 150,000 Home Pulse Light Hair Removal System. Using the latest light technology to help reduce unwanted hair, this system is designed to provides 150,000 light pulses, meaning it is able to treat large areas of the body, has five energy levels, is suitable for nearly all skin types and can be used on a wide range of hair colours. In a vibrant cerise shade, this Silk'n Glide Home Pulse Light Hair Removal System is a stylish and effective hair reduction device you can use in the comfort of your own home.

All over hair removal - suitable for larger areas such as legs, arms, back and chest (making it a great device for men too), as well as underarms and bikini line, plus facial hair from the cheek line downwards.

Peace of mind - we're sure you’ll love this product, but we're including a 90 day money back guarantee so you can fully benefit from using this device for a prolonged period.

Tried and tested - studies suggest on average a result of 56% reduction in hair two weeks after the first treatment and up to 82.3% reduction one month after the sixth treatment.

Double whammy - the Silk'n Glide has two treatment methods: Pulsing and Gliding. The Gliding method allows you to remove hair by simply gliding the device over your skin, a great option when working with lower energy settings or when you’re in a hurry. The Pulsing method is used to treat every spot individually one pulse at a time, the best option when working with higher energy settings for targeting smaller or problem areas.

Unique Skin Colour Sensor - embedded in the Silk’n Glide to measure the treated skin complexion at the beginning of each session and occasionally during the session, the Skin Colour Sensor ensures that pulses will only be emitted on suitable skin tones, taking the guess work out of treatment.

Also suitable for use on darker complexions - hair removal with pulsed light is not usually always suitable for people with a naturally dark complexion, however, as opposed to some other devices, Silk’n Glide can be set to a lower energy level, allowing a wider spectrum of skin colours to be treated. Extra safety is offered by a built-in Skin Colour Sensor, and you can consult the skin colour chart to see if Silk’n Glide is suitable for you. You will also find more information about skin colours in the FAQ section.

Safety first - the HPL™ (Home Pulsed Light) technology has been clinically tested by leading dermatologists and found to be a safe, convenient, user-friendly and effective hair removal device that can be used in typical home settings.

Power Source: mains electrical 3 pin plug
HPL technology for permanent hair removal
Adjustable speed: from 1.5 to 3.5 second intervals between pulses
Five energy levels
Treatment area: 3cm (1.2") squared
No refill cartridges needed
Will last seven years on average, as the number of treatments required will decrease over time (if you only treat small areas such as underarm or bikini it will last longer)

Contains:

Silk’n Glide 150,000 Pulse Unit
UK plug transformer
Instruction manual
Get Started Guide
Faux suede carry case

Device care:
To keep your Silk'n Glide clean, wipe it with a clean, dry cloth or medicated wipe

http://www.qvcuk.com/Silk'n-Glide-1...ml?sc=WFMALL&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-24-_-400733

I bought this at the end of last year, same price I think, only in a green colour. Mine says it has 50,000 pulses which I think should last you until all your hair has been zapped! It does work, I have been very pleased with it. You just shave your legs/underarms etc, then just use the device slowly over the area - you only have to do this every 2 weeks so its not too intrusive on your time. The hairs on my legs are very few and far between now. Very pleased with it, but you have to use it for it to work but in my opinion, once a fortnight is easy peasy! It was on easy pay when I purchased it last year, so you never know!

Hope it's on easy pay !!!
Hx

Jab a, after your previous comments I did notice when reading through the FAQs on the q site that there is a contra for epilepsy - apologies if you already saw this or it's not relevant to your particular circumstances but just trying to save you postage etc

Elilaaa I am not epileptic but my seizures occurred at the time of my brain haemorrhage, but you have to remain on medication for at least 12 months and then it is titrated down and stopped , so I may well risk it
Hx

Elilaaa I am not epileptic but my seizures occurred at the time of my brain haemorrhage, but you have to remain on medication for at least 12 months and then it is titrated down and stopped , so I may well risk it
Hx

Oops my apologies :)

Latest posts

Back