sick of £5.95 P&P on every item!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
Why £5.95?? all the ****** time. I bought so many things and I ring up think, oh £7 easy pay, I will have that and they they say somet like , 'that will be £13, I think, no, no, no and no, a, la Mrs T. I just srtarted saying no and putting the phone down. Its £5.95 this, £5.95 that, no its overinflated P&P and Im sick to death of it.

It certainly puts me off. I purchased a couple of jackets in the John Lewis sale, they arrived quickly with no delivery charges in a lovely coat bag. Unfortunately they didn't fit me so I returned them free of charge. Lord knows how much that transaction would have cost with QVC - probably around £15 or more. This is why I only buy stuff from QVC which is a TSV kit or in last clicks. Amazon and House of Fraser offer free delivery. QVC needs to wise up.

How do you think QVC makes money on the 30 MBG. Of course its through the postage. In fact QVC US now do a prepaid label in with your parcel and deduce that from your refund. I can see it happening here. By the way it is way more than you would actually pay if returning yourself, set at $7.95.

it doesn't have to be free. i'd be happy if it was realistic. a fiver to deliver a ring is just taking the p***

I agree, free postage is nice but I don't mind paying postage depending what it is I am buying and if the charge is reasonable!! If you are buying several things from one place and it is one postage, great but QVC and their excessive postage and per item is not good!!

I looked at some rings and earrings in the sale on their website. There was one pair of earings with P&P of £3.95 and the other (same length and similar style stone but different make, so can not see a lot of difference in weight) was £5.95
gave up and had a look at amazon

I don't mind paying reasonable p&p but it should be one charge per order NOT per item. I just refuse to pay £10+ for two items - ridiculous! I'd buy more if I didn't have to pay excessive p&p per item. :taphead:

the postage is never an issue for me

It can be for me. SCW, if I feel that it is too over the top. When purchasing something from the Yankee range, I don't think £5.95 is excessive for the weight of the order, plus one is getting the item at such a good price anyway. It does irk me, however, that the Q charge p+p when one is spending a huge amount, say on a laptop, or a tv. As with Bose, postage ought to be included. Ultimately, if one really does want a product, the p+p charges won't be a deterrant. I regard having to pay p+p as a fundamental part of ordering from the Q and, their excellent customer service makes it worth it for me.

It can be for me. SCW, if I feel that it is too over the top. When purchasing something from the Yankee range, I don't think £5.95 is excessive for the weight of the order, plus one is getting the item at such a good price anyway. It does irk me, however, that the Q charge p+p when one is spending a huge amount, say on a laptop, or a tv. As with Bose, postage ought to be included. Ultimately, if one really does want a product, the p+p charges won't be a deterrant. I regard having to pay p+p as a fundamental part of ordering from the Q and, their excellent customer service makes it worth it for me.

i dont think Q do that i think that the companys set that bit as that kind of thing is sent direct dispatch

The trouble is QVC charge a high postage rate and for that i would be happy if they delivered next day but they always seem to take 5-7 days!

Its funny how over the Christmas period they were able to deliver everything in 3 to 5 days, ummmm funny that

I won't pay it unless its something i really want or is something that is so heavy that i couldnt carry it myself from the DHS.

We can moan forever, but whilst people pay it nothing will change.

It's the reason why my ordering from them has tailed off. I missed the recent Gatineau TSV but was tempted when they were demonstrating it at an 'introductory price' of £66.14. When I saw the £5.95 P&P, I checked on salonskincare and they had the same kit for £69.00 with free P&P and I qualified for a free gift which was a full size Active Eclet Gommage, which was worth £28.75. QVC's four easy pays just couldn't compete with that. I'm not saying I won't order from them again but it would have to be an exclusive kit that offers incredible value before I pay that amount of P&P.

I order very little from QVC because of postage. I only order beauty TSVs if I want all items in them and PJs from last clicks.
I used to order a lot of craft but now source them from craft sites which often have free P&P and next day delivery.

The P&P charges don't bother me because I now buy very little from QVC, especially as in many cases I can source the items more cheaply. But, if there is something that I do buy from QVC then I don't mind paying the P&P.

However, their charges do seem very random (although it's not always £5.95) but there seems no logic to their charging the same price of £3.95, for sending a diamonique ring or a Multicut 3-in-1 Handtool, for example, through the post.

The P&P is one of the main reasons I am ordering less. Amazon at least offer a next day delivery as do many pther mail order companies. I dont mind paying p&p but when its taking 7 working days sometimes, its not good value!

The p&p totally puts me off. I put some items in my basket today and when I totted up the p&p I emptied it again! Absolutely ridiculous paying over £20 on postage for 4 items! Either they're mad thinking people will pay it or the customers are for doing so.

Latest posts

Back