SHOCK HORROR Julia has just admitted..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Must be difficult when you have been such a looker to accept that your body will change with age. I'm still determined to get into a 30 inch waist despite jibes that I'm beginning to display a muffin top! Julia still looks good for her age, but she just needs to accept that she is no longer that bikini-clad dolly-bird that strutted across the beach in an episode of Citizen Smith all those years ago. :tongue2:

ive got a whole victoria sponge

still, you know what they say... "big hammer, big nail" etc :tongue2:

the director john waters used to say about drag superstar Divine that she was a "fat girl who dressed thin". i love that. long live JR!!:clapping:

I think it’s sad that a woman in her fifties, is so obsessed with wanting to be and/or projecting the image of being a size small.:wonder2:
What is wrong with that woman? Why must she constantly pump herself up at the expense of everyone around her? The words 'narcissistic', 'personality' and 'disorder' come to mind.
Can I add delusional. :nod:
She'll be worse than ever after the Iona-from-Edinburgh-what's-your-name humiliation.
Julia deserved that, sounds like she got a taste of her own medicine. :devil:
i like julia though as a presenter as she is quite informative and funny sometimes but i remember back in her earlier days that she would boast about her sons very blonde hair and sophie had to take the back seat but he well......he hasnt much hair nowand sophie has come into her own...oh well tis life!
Yikes, male pattern baldness is a b*tch, maybe Julia jinx him, by constantly bragging about his hair. :emo:

AllThatGlitters;231861 A role model she ain't.[/QUOTE said:
wow, steady now. that's a step too far. a role model, for whom? vicky pollard? but then we've heard worse.

xxxx

Dont think age had anything to do with her putting on weight, its down to the fact that Julia eats more and does not exercise. You can perhaps get away with looking good when you are young with minimal effort but you need to do something about it if you wish to maintain it.

I seem to recall having seen her it sometime this year the only reason i remember is that at the time I though she was about to topple out of it and she loked more akin to "a lady who does certain kind of films" rather than a salesperson on tv:3:

I know people over 50 who are still slim. Dont think its a age thing myself.

I agree I think tis a greed thing!!!

Anyone can look good no matter what age you are if you just put in effort and time. Nothing in this life comes easy.Eat less exercise more. Plenty of people over 50 have fantastic figures and some of these older people look better then some of the younger ones. Its all a case of are your looks important to you. JR is the subject and basically for her if she wants to wear figure hugging tops and dresses she needs to get rid of belly rolls by less food and exercise, if she herself chooses not to do this she cant expect to be able to wear those sorts of clothes and look good. therefore then she needs to dress appropiate to hide these rolls of flab, she can still look attractive , its just drawing someomes attention to these areas with it all hanging dont look good and this is what ages a person IMHO

Anyone can look good no matter what age you are if you just put in effort and time. Nothing in this life comes easy.Eat less exercise more. Plenty of people over 50 have fantastic figures and some of these older people look better then some of the younger ones. Its all a case of are your looks important to you. JR is the subject and basically for her if she wants to wear figure hugging tops and dresses she needs to get rid of belly rolls by less food and exercise, if she herself chooses not to do this she cant expect to be able to wear those sorts of clothes and look good. therefore then she needs to dress appropiate to hide these rolls of flab, she can still look attractive , its just drawing someomes attention to these areas with it all hanging dont look good and this is what ages a person IMHO

I agree, it's about wearing things that flatter your shape and size, when Julia does this she can look fab but quite often she wears things that don't do her any favours.

Poor Julia - I think she is the best on shopping telly. She just is, because if you listen to her she makes sense. Besides this technical stuff, it is a great shock to reallise, that although you have knowledge, you are really on the shelf or over the hill etc because of your looks. I am 42 and two years ago I had an operation, that for some reason affected me entirely. Instead of looking like I did, which was petite 30 ish I now look 42ish. (which is my age. How can you complain you ask? Well I do, because I don't feel it and I want to cry. I still want to be 30. And that is Julia and reallistically most of us.

Oh, Ringtree, sweetie, I am sorry for what has happened to you after your illness. Of course you'd like to look young again... that's very natural... and most of us would grab the chance to turn the clock back on our looks with both hands..... we're just saying that wearing clothes two sizes too small and acting like a daft teenager isn't a good way to achieve that ......

It gets worse, Julia had to wear a LARGE in the Butler and Wilson show last night. I bet she had to go and have a lie down after that!

It gets worse, Julia had to wear a LARGE in the Butler and Wilson show last night. I bet she had to go and have a lie down after that!

Yes, she wasn't happy about it and mentioned several times that it wasn't the right size for her and was too big. But I thought it looked like it was a good fit - it was still reasonably snug across the chesticle area.

I think her claims of being a size small have now well and truly been BUSTED !!!:happy:

In the Rockport hour last night, Julia said 'I don't want to mention Tania's feet, but you've got really big feet, haven't you, Tania?', having spent the hour pointing out that her own feet were much too petite for all the gross size 5 shoes they'd given her. The guest, who I suspect was fed up with JR, then pointed out that Julia had been very rude about size 8 feet earlier, to the point that the guest didn't want to admit the size of her own feet (7.5). Julia had to do a lot of apologising. I bet there were fireworks after the show.

What is wrong with that woman? Why must she constantly pump herself up at the expense of everyone around her? The words 'narcissistic', 'personality' and 'disorder' come to mind.

She'll be worse than ever after the Iona-from-Edinburgh-what's-your-name humiliation.

God that is so ruuuude!!I wish someone could pull up a clip of this.

Firstly ,Tanya is supposed to have big feet,she's nearly 6ft tall,if she didn't have proportionate feet she'd tip over.

I would love for some guest to be on and say to Julia"well you have really HUUGE baps,so you obviously won't be able to fit into any of these clothes,however for normal sized,less freakish looking women,these clothes will look fab"

Get over yourself you dozy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Tania/Tanya - to be fair to Julia, she did add that Tania was tall and therefore had commensurately long feet. The point of the whole thing was to point out that the Rockport sandals make Tania's feet look smaller. But it was tactlessly done, and quite unnecessary; there were a dozen ways to get the point across that the shoes were flattering without slapping a 'big feet' insult on Tania. And considering how frequently JR had mentioned the teeny-tininess of her own feet (another part of her that's apparently a lot smaller than it looks on screen), and given the impression that anything bigger than size 4 was disgusting, the comment came across as a deliberate insult.

I found myself hoping that Tania would come across and kick JR with her great big foot....

Latest posts

Back