SHOCK HORROR Julia has just admitted..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Since we're having a go at Julia (she really does get a reaction) I often think she should tweak her eyemakeup a bit, sometimes her eyes almost disappear and she has lovely eyes.

Now the lovely Bet Lynch apart from being very kind does a mean pair of smoky eyes if JR needs any advice :D

Am laid up with a broken bone at the moment Vampy so my smokey eyes are coming on a treat! Not a lot else to do at the moment cept play with my make up and watch telly. Got told off at the hospital for having varnish on my toenails though as apparently they cant check the circulation. I have five long very pink little piggies sticking out of my pot so you would think that was evidence that they have a blood supply wouldnt you????:dull:

Bet

That's true, whenI was young my father said several times to people that I was plain and it was crushing. Now old enough not to care, just make the best of what I have and live with it

I haven't seen your pic Vampy but I'm pretty sure you're not 'plain' by any stretch of the imagination! (Who cares if you are anyway, you (rather bizarrely for your ST persona! lol), always cheer me up when I feel poo......which is quite often actually.......& I think you're lovely whatever you look like!

I know you have very large dark eyes (& I think dark hair as well?) & you can do all the clever eyeliner things that I can't with my rubbish eyes & I always imagine you as looking a bit like Kate Beckinsale in Underworld but anyway, I'm sh*t ugly myself so next to me, you'd be a stunner no matter what!
Lovin' Vampy the way she is! xx

I am going to save a copy of this thread, never had so many compliments in my life, I'd be blushing if I could (for some reason I don't).
Now I thought we had clearly established that all you needed was a bit of updating the makeup and a few tweaks and behold a very glam KWC appears. Many of us are guilty of being hypercritical of ourselves, it doesn't do anything for us but we do it all the same. Getting the right makeup and fashion though is doing something positive so hooray for us all.

Since we're having a go at Julia (she really does get a reaction) I often think she should tweak her eyemakeup a bit, sometimes her eyes almost disappear and she has lovely eyes.

Now the lovely Bet Lynch apart from being very kind does a mean pair of smoky eyes if JR needs any advice :D

I've often thought that about Julia's eye make up. She insists on putting dark pencil on the inner rim of her lower lids. This has the effect of making the eyes look smaller. I don't know why she thinks it looks good.

I haven't seen your pic Vampy but I'm pretty sure you're not 'plain' by any stretch of the imagination! (Who cares if you are anyway, you (rather bizarrely for your ST persona! lol), always cheer me up when I feel poo......which is quite often actually.......& I think you're lovely whatever you look like!

I know you have very large dark eyes (& I think dark hair as well?) & you can do all the clever eyeliner things that I can't with my rubbish eyes & I always imagine you as looking a bit like Kate Beckinsale in Underworld but anyway, I'm sh*t ugly myself so next to me, you'd be a stunner no matter what!
Lovin' Vampy the way she is! xx

Please dont say that KWC dont put yourself down. I am more then sure you are a very pretty lady. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Agree with you Dazzler, I'm certain KWC is just down because of her joints hurting and that makes everything else seem worse when in fact she must look very well with perfectly normal attractive eyes. Pain affects more than just the body after a while. Don't argue KWC, I'm right and that's it :D

I agree when you dont feel well then you tend to feel as though everything looks a mess when its all in your head and you look beautiful as you always did.

Make the most of what you've got, it can soon be taken away.
And Vampy, I think you look like Juliette Binoche who, in my opinion, is one of the few true beauties in today's film world.

I've seen Vampyre's pic and yes, she really is very beautiful.

I knew it, I knew it! So Vampy........do you look like Kate Beckinsale's vampire in Underworld? Nah, don't answer that, 'course you do! ('Cept with dark eyes.....& teal eyeliner! lol)

It is a very sad irony that my late father did worship his own reflection, just wallowed in being lovely to look at but being ill absolutely ravaged that for him although I would like to think he didn't realise that.

It's a funny thing really, on one level we all know looks and clothes are unimportant and a total irrelevance, yet we find ourselves giving way too much brain time to them because we are visual creatures.
Bottom line - even if a person is exquisite in face, form and fashion if they turn out to be nasty (and in particular if they're cruel) we don't fancy them for long and we even get over envying them.

I wonder what does JR see when she looks at herself on screen in the cabbage top or something as erm... striking and unforgettable?

Unfortunately for everyone looks do fade eventually all we can do is make the best of ourselfs to look the best we can, but I must say what is very important IMHO is how you live you life and how you treat one another, that accounts for a lot I think. I have to say that there are many many lovely caring members on this forum who IMHO have very kind hearted natures and treat others with respect which makes you all very special, personality remains with you forever.

Unfortunately for everyone looks do fade eventually all we can do is make the best of ourselfs to look the best we can, but I must say what is very important IMHO is how you live you life and how you treat one another, that accounts for a lot I think. I have to say that there are many many lovely caring members on this forum who IMHO have very kind hearted natures and treat others with respect which makes you all very special, personality remains with you forever.

:clapping: so true Dazzler! we all age eventually much as we try to hold off the obvious signs for as long as possible, but what doesn't change is our "inner beauty" for want of a better expression, how we conduct ourselves towards others and how we live our lives. IMO that's how I would like to be known, not for how I look or used to look in my youth.

:clapping: so true Dazzler! we all age eventually much as we try to hold off the obvious signs for as long as possible, but what doesn't change is our "inner beauty" for want of a better expression, how we conduct ourselves towards others and how we live our lives. IMO that's how I would like to be known, not for how I look or used to look in my youth.

You have worded that perfectly! You though fairynuff have both inner beauty and outer beauty IMO .

I don't care what people look like,( private people) though I consider it good manners not to look too much like something which will scare pregnant women or frighten any horses...... but when people are on TV or in films, however in the public eye, then I do expect them to be well turned out.... appropriately dressed for the occasion, and I do regard it as fair to comment on their appearance in those circumstances .........as I say, for private people, I am only interested in whether they are kind-hearted and friendly... a polite personality is nice, too! Stuff what they look like... I want heart, brains and common sense..... traits sadly lacking in many of those in the public eye!

i have lost a couple of dear friends and colleagues since 2005; both under the age of 45. i am naturally frightened of the ageing process (it always seems to be external), but i can only say that i will be blessed if given the chance to get old and wrinkly.

i have lost a couple of dear friends and colleagues since 2005; both under the age of 45. i am naturally frightened of the ageing process (it always seems to be external), but i can only say that i will be blessed if given the chance to get old and wrinkly.

Im so sorry to hear that Ws. Being alive is indeed a blessing! i wish you a very very long and healthy life as I do all my friends on the forum.

thank you D! being physically beautiful has little to do with wrinkles. see for instance, women like Sophia Loren who are in their 70s. besides, even if one assumed one would remain wrinkle-free forever what would one do? run after boys as if in teens and twenties?

thank you D! being physically beautiful has little to do with wrinkles. see for instance, women like Sophia Loren who are in their 70s. besides, even if one assumed one would remain wrinkle-free forever what would one do? run after boys as if in teens and twenties?

Very true!!!

Latest posts

Back