Shark TSV 27/7/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmm, I'm interested. My old Shark is on its last legs. Will need to check the Shark website at the same time to see if they have comparable offers.

Attachments

• Shark TSV 1.png
    Shark TSV 1.png
    712.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Shark TSV 2.png
    Shark TSV 2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Shark TSV 3.png
    Shark TSV 3.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Shark TSV 4.png
    Shark TSV 4.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Shark TSV 5.png
    Shark TSV 5.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
Beware, I've got an earlier version of this and it is really heavy to move about. It does do a good job though. If you've got dogs I would most definitely get the anti odour capsules (mine doesn't have them) as the smell of dog lingers in the machine and wafts out every time you use it. I'm forever washing mine out with Zoflora. Also, when you detach the wand and move about, the main machine tends to fall over and not just follow you around on its wheels, which is annoying. £229 is a very fair price, I think mine was about £300.

CC

Shark Stratos Pet Pro Anti Hair Wrap+ Anti-Odour Upright Vacuum NZ860UKT
Item Number: 739638
QVC Price £300.00
Todays Special Value Price £179.95
P&P £2.95

Make cleaning your home a breeze with the phenomenal Stratos Pet Pro upright vacuum from Shark. A fantastic all-rounder for any home, particularly busy households with pets, this feature-packed vacuum makes short work of hairs and dirt without clogging, adapting smoothly from hard floors to carpets, and converting to a handheld device easily, ideal for stairs, cleaning under furniture and more. With three attachments included, you have all you need for hassle-free cleaning at home.
Conquer pet hairs with Stratos - tired of removing tangled hairs from your brush-roll? Anti-Hair Wrap Plus Technology removes hair from the brush roll as you clean, so you don't have to.
Anti-odour technology - protect against bad odours inside your vacuum for a fresher-smelling home with Anti-Odour Technology. A cartridge system guards against dust cup odours commonly caused by pet hair, dust and dander.
Glide from carpets to hard floors - no need to change your brush head from room to room. With Shark's DuoClean floorhead, the brush roll cleans deep into carpets, drawing out dirt and picking up hair, while a soft front brush-roll draws in debris and lifts stuck-on dust from hard floors too.
Never miss a spot - shine a light on the dirt as you clean with the LED headlights in this vacuum. They'll help you to spot dust as you work!
All the accessories - with three attachments, you have all the tools you need to cover different cleaning tasks. Whether you’re tackling hard-to-reach spaces with the crevice tool, drawing out hairs with the pet tool, or switching between floors with the multi-surface tool, this Shark vacuum has it covered.
Versatile and easy – cleaning the stairs, or under furniture? Go portable and detach the main unit with Powered Lift-Away. And with a 1.5m stretch hose and an 8m power cord, you can clean all around the house without having to unplug.
Tackling allergies - the Anti-Allergen Complete Seal works to capture and trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum, not releasing them back into the air you breathe. Shark's efficient filters are contained within a sealed unit, offering extra reassurance for allergy sufferers and homes with pets.
  • Wattage: 750W
  • Capacity: 1.3L
  • Cord length: 8m
  • Hose length: 1.5m
  • Weight: 6.7kg
  • Vacuum (h x w x d): 117cm x 28cm x 26cm (46.1" x 11" x 10.2")
What's in the box?
  • 1 x main unit
  • 1 x odour puck
  • 1 x crevice tool
  • 1 x multi-surface tool
  • 1 x turbo pet brush
  • 1 x instruction booklet
  • 1 x quick start guide
All measurements are approximate

I'm extremely disillusioned with Shark products these days. Their customer service is dire.

My niece bought the recent TSV hair styler monstrosity. Her old Revlon One styler was starting to get too hot and smell of burning and the Shark came along at the right time.

My sis bought it, my niece tried to use it a few times but back it went. It was too heavy, too big and too hard. Very Phil Mitchell! I thought the Revlon thing was a bit big but my niece has the same head of thick hair I once had and finds it does the job perfectly and manages it well.

The biggest disappointment my niece found was the lack of bristles to grab the hair on the narrower parts that were supposed to do the straightening. She says the bristles were too short throughout, too.

Then there was the Dyson Hot + Cold knockoff that was a TSV about 18 months ago. It was fiddly for my sis to get to work though my BIL managed it no problem. It worked (for him) as well as my friend's Dyson did (before that died and went to the big Dyson graveyard in the sky after relatively little use), so she decided to keep it.

Big mistake. Huge! It's still working but has needed a new filter for nearly a year. The new filters that have been promised by QVC since they were first sold and are still not available.

QVC CS send my sis to Shark, Shark ignores her.

Anyone know if she has a legal right to return to QVC?

I bought a Shark anti hair wrap vacuum cleaner a couple of years ago. It is good but quite heavy so I’ve relegated it to upstairs and bought a GTech Platinum to use downstairs and that’s also an anti hair wrap model.

Since buying the Air Ram when they first came out, it’s been my preferred brand and I’ve upgraded them when needed. A friend suggested the Shark one as the Air Ram upstairs had conked out and I bought it because it was on a really superb deal as voucher codes were applied. The Platinum’s battery life is better than the Shark’s.

I haven’t had any dealings with Shark’s customer care, other than when I rang to register it, but GTech’s CS is brilliant.

I love my Gtech, too. I've had a few over quite a few years, all still running. Parts are easy to get and, as you say, the CS is excellent.

Dyson used to have an okay CS department and you used to be able to get replacement parts. It's not as easy now. Instead, they offer to 'repair' your product for a lot more than the parts required would cost. I'm also extremely annoyed that Dyson accessories won't fit across models. Which means all my old tools from my oldest Dyson vacuum that are still in good condition can't be used with a newer model. It's such a waste as old tools have to go to landfill instead of being used to the death.

My money goes to Gtech now. Mr. AE recently bought their hedge trimmer and loves it. He's now waiting (I think praying might be more accurate!) for our old petrol mower to die so he can get a battery Gtech.

I'm extremely disillusioned with Shark products these days. Their customer service is dire.

My niece bought the recent TSV hair styler monstrosity. Her old Revlon One styler was starting to get too hot and smell of burning and the Shark came along at the right time.

My sis bought it, my niece tried to use it a few times but back it went. It was too heavy, too big and too hard. Very Phil Mitchell! I thought the Revlon thing was a bit big but my niece has the same head of thick hair I once had and finds it does the job perfectly and manages it well.

The biggest disappointment my niece found was the lack of bristles to grab the hair on the narrower parts that were supposed to do the straightening. She says the bristles were too short throughout, too.

Then there was the Dyson Hot + Cold knockoff that was a TSV about 18 months ago. It was fiddly for my sis to get to work though my BIL managed it no problem. It worked (for him) as well as my friend's Dyson did (before that died and went to the big Dyson graveyard in the sky after relatively little use), so she decided to keep it.

Big mistake. Huge! It's still working but has needed a new filter for nearly a year. The new filters that have been promised by QVC since they were first sold and are still not available.

QVC CS send my sis to Shark, Shark ignores her.

Anyone know if she has a legal right to return to QVC?
If you paid via credit card, you could try claiming under Section 75:
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/section75-protect-your-purchases/

Take a look at this Which? article for more info on consumer rights:

Your rights under the Consumer Rights Act are against the retailer – the company that sold you the product – not the manufacturer, so you must take any claim to the retailer.

I’ve just taken delivery of the Shark Stratos vacuum and I’ve cleaned the bedroom. Well, what can I say, the dust canister is filled to the brim already! I have one of the older Gtech cleaners, the green one, and whilst it’s light and okay for short pile carpets, it’s not very good for thick carpets or hard floors, plus I’ve got 3 cats so there’s a lot of tumbleweed about. I’m very impressed, but as someone has already mentioned, it is very heavy. It’s upstairs now and it may very well have to stay there. I’m glad I bought it though.

If you paid via credit card, you could try claiming under Section 75:
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/section75-protect-your-purchases/

Take a look at this Which? article for more info on consumer rights:

Your rights under the Consumer Rights Act are against the retailer – the company that sold you the product – not the manufacturer, so you must take any claim to the retailer.

Thanks, MtM. I'll ask her what she used.

Latest posts

Back