Shades of Tsavorite delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:clapping: Hi Gemscherub
We haven't met yet..but just couldn't resist replying to a thread where not only there are pics of your beautiful Alexandrite but talk of cats!
I think the ring is stunning and the colours are strong. Lucky you!
I was outside brushing the cat this morning and having my usual one way conversation..you know the kind of thing..did you have enough breakfast mummy's angel? On looking up, next door were both standing there with an estate agent, staring at me and i'm sure I heard the words care and community as they went back inside!
Hi brilette nice to meet you x
Care and community :giggle: brilliant!

Klos hun, it's the Wembley Arch - you can tell you're from Scotland! :giggle:

I too have in depth conversations with my two cats and dog. The dog is fairly puzzled, but one of my cats always answers back and our conversations can go on for ages. She tells me all about it, unfortunately I haven't a clue what 'it' is!
Bet she thinks the same :giggle: "what is this human going on about!"

Gemcherub..... if I had ever managed to get an alex that showed such lovely colour change I'd be it's owner right now! I have had umpteen here, in high hopes,some large stones and some very expensive,but I have never been impressed with the change and they have all gone back. i think yours is very nice and you already love it! Enjoy!!

As to the chatting with pets.... well, I thought every good pet owner does that? I can't imagine that the owners of those poor creatures in puppy farms or found straved and diseased on the street did much speaking to those animals..... it's a blooming good sign to be a pet conversationalist, in my book!

:clapping: well said!

I love the alex GC - incredible colour change (I now want one too, of course!). :envy:

Was pleased to see 'the arch' in action, thought maybe I had dismissed it unfairly, but nope, sorry arch lovers, I just don't want shades of Wembley lurking over my gems!

GC - a question if you don't mind?

What colour change do you see with your eyes? I know you know why I'm asking (and my advice to you earlier still applies) but I'm not sure that some of our newer members realise that the colour change, when photographed, is deceptive. It can show a colour change that doesn't exist IRL. I KNOW you are an experienced collector and so if you say there's a good colour change that's good enough for me but others may not realise that Alex photos can lie!!!!!

LOL yes i know what you mean some of my other alexandrites photograph almost red when they are not, BUT this one is just like the pics almost amethyst with red flashes i have honestly never seen colour change like it (it is similar to the one in your video),it goes from a tealy/blueish green to totally purple!
I've just showed my OH the colour change and then my photos and even he agrees its the same lol

Brilliant news - thank you GC.

It's not that Alex photographs red, it's that even shite Alex will photograph showing a colour change when there isn't one at all. Hang on, I've got an example ........... brb

Here you go .......... this Alex ring has absolute NO colour change. None at all. Zip. Nada. Nothing. But look how it photographs!!!

Attachments

• Alexandrite Green1_1_1.jpg
    Alexandrite Green1_1_1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Alexandrite Purple_1_1.jpg
    Alexandrite Purple_1_1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Alexandrite Blue Purple_1_1.jpg
    Alexandrite Blue Purple_1_1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 133
It so weird how it does that, shame it isn't the same IRL!
Whats the colour change like in MY sorry i mean your (lol) marquise cut Alexandrite ring?

It so weird how it does that, shame it isn't the same IRL!
Whats the colour change like in MY sorry i mean your (lol) marquise cut Alexandrite ring?

Cheeky mare :giggle: MY marquise cut Alex has the same colour change as your new ring! I've only got 2 (I think) in my collection that don't have a colour change as everything else went back lol!

BTW if somebody says their Alex changes to red? It's synthetic! There's only 1 or 2 in the world that are known to do that. Mostly they change to a purple or pink/purple! The closest I've got to red is the one in my avatar.

Cheeky mare :giggle: MY marquise cut Alex has the same colour change as your new ring! I've only got 2 (I think) in my collection that don't have a colour change as everything else went back lol!

BTW if somebody says their Alex changes to red? It's synthetic! There's only 1 or 2 in the world that are known to do that. Mostly they change to a purple or pink/purple! The closest I've got to red is the one in my avatar.

Think someone should tell some sellers on ebay then :grin:
I was aware of that but do you think the presenters are, they always refer to red colour change when they sell Alexandrite it drives me nuts, i wonder how many people have returned them because they go purple and they thought they were duff because they saw no red :grin:

Think someone should tell some sellers on ebay then :grin:
I was aware of that but do you think the presenters are, they always refer to red colour change when they sell Alexandrite it drives me nuts, i wonder how many people have returned them because they go purple and they thought they were duff because they saw no red :grin:

Most don't even go purple so I reckon Gems are safe there! :grin:

Nearly all sales photos of Alex are photoshopped because (a) it's almost impossible to capture the true green of an Alex on camera and (b) sellers like to enhance the colour change.

I'm not sure who first coined the selling phrase "Emerald by day and Ruby by night" but it's generally accepted in Alex world that this is totally misleading! "Emerald by day and Amethyst by night" is much more accurate!

I once had a very very very long conversation with the foremost collector/seller of Alex and even he struggles to photograph it. He told me what lighting to use etc etc but even then I find it impossible!

I'm not sure who first coined the selling phrase "Emerald by day and Ruby by night" but it's generally accepted in Alex world that this is totally misleading! "Emerald by day and Amethyst by night" is much more accurate!

Call me an old cynic ( I have been called worse!! :tongue2:) but I rather think that given the chance to show pix of a "red" change, sellers have seized on the "Emerald by day and Ruby by night" pitch because it sounds a lot more tempting than the truth.... after all, it must be harder to part someone from 15 grand for a stone which will look like an amethyst!! :cheeky::thinking2::smirk:

Latest posts

Back