How's everyone getting on with their RCM nails?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So what other brands can we use with the RCM lamp? This is all so very confusing!!!!

When I looked on Ebay it says gel polish for use with LED lamp Dips. I bought a cheap one, hologram particles in a clear base from Ebay for something like £1.99 or £2.99, said for use with LED. It's been fantastic! Couldn't believe it so just worth remembering the cheapies may be worth a try sometimes.

I've asked to cancel my Amazon order but now I've done more research online, there are plenty of blogs saying that LED lamps will cure CND, it's just that the times may vary.

I've just been and bought some proper CND on Amazon. I'd got an Amazon gift balance from TopCashBack, so my two polishes were in effect gratis. Did quite a bit of goggling actual painted nail images to help decide which colours to buy (went for Romantique and Masquerade), as I think the bottle images are not helpful in what the final result will be.

Didn't think CND worked with the RCM lamp , thought CND required a UV lamp to cure ?

I said after RCM had their first TSV which I bought for DD , and have posted a few times CND is my polish of choice, and there's no problem a all using it with this system

Oh, thanks for that, Jabba - do you need to cure it for longer? I've been trying to find out on the Internet but there is so much conflicting information about. Do you use it with RCM base and finish?

Damn ...wish I'd known , I've recently sold all my CND polishes and lamp on ebay - thinking they'd be no good with the RCM lamp

I really wish I had sent mine back. I have still got four nails that are ruined months and months after I last used the kit. It's really starting to get me down, I had gorgeous nails before I got my RCM now I have ridges and daren't go anywhere without my little manicure set. I have just seen the new revelon nail colours too so I am in a mega sulk now.
I pleased everyone else seems to have settled into it and are enjoying it, especially after the ordering / customer service from QVC fiasco

Sharon maybe try and sell it on ebay or on here (if you become a VIP there's a buy and sell board in the Drop). Even having tested it the set must be virtually as new and though it won't fix your nails at least you won't be too much out of pocket.

Jude xx

Akimbo, I chucked the box away because when I first did them I was really pleased with them, I thought it was a keeper, chucked the packaging and put it all in my fabulous Mahoosive Roo box., second time I used the kit one nail peeled but I put it down to me not sealing the edge but I loved the fact that in a couple of minutes I had Re done it and the nail was dry. I think the third time is where the damage came. I live in hope that I can try it again in the future but can I ask everyone a question? Does anyone feel tingling in the nail bed when they cure their nails?

Just had an idea - May be best to try my toe nails before my hands

I think some people have more sensitive nails than others if that makes. I can't wear glitter polishes. They may make fingernails feel tight and hot and my nails are actually warm to touch when it's on.

And I'm one of the unlucky one who has had disastrous results with Shellac. It ruined my nails so I can't risk going for the RCM. It took months for me to get my naturally long talons to grow again. They were splitting dry and practically falling apart.

I am so jealous of those of you who can use it.

Well I have decided not to risk it again on my fingernails but I will try it on my toes. I really want my nails to have recovered for my hols in August and my way of reckoning is that if I suffer again they won't have recovered on time toe nails don't bother me because they are supposed to be very short anyway.

I thought I was putting the stuff on very thin, I shall make doubly sure on my toes.

Well I have decided not to risk it again on my fingernails but I will try it on my toes. I really want my nails to have recovered for my hols in August and my way of reckoning is that if I suffer again they won't have recovered on time toe nails don't bother me because they are supposed to be very short anyway.

I thought I was putting the stuff on very thin, I shall make doubly sure on my toes.

Hi Sharon,
I think I replied to your post on another thread. The pink gel coat was really good for me b4 I used RCM. Gave a coat or amour to my nails and really saved them from breaking. The pink stuff does get a bit gloopy after a while in the bottle like normal polish but it was worth it for me to keep my nails protected. May be worth using that as a safer option for your fingernails perhaps.

I've been using RCM on my fingers since last July. I almost always leave 24 hours between taking the old gel off and putting new gel on. During that time I rehydrate my nails with oils and Leighton Denny renovate. My nails were always in poor condition and are stronger with the gel.

Hi Sharon,
I think I replied to your post on another thread. The pink gel coat was really good for me b4 I used RCM. Gave a coat or amour to my nails and really saved them from breaking. The pink stuff does get a bit gloopy after a while in the bottle like normal polish but it was worth it for me to keep my nails protected. May be worth using that as a safer option for your fingernails perhaps.

Hi Nikki when I looked the reviews were a bit mixed so I have gone over to Sally Hanson. Six nails ( fingers crossed) seem to have turned the corner.
Just got to keep working on the other four.
I can't remember the last time I went so long without using nail polish, you watch when they are back to normal nail polish will have gone out of fashion. I am sure I read in a mag that natural nails were going to be all the rage in the summer. God forbid.

Latest posts

Back