Set of 4 Hanging baskets TSV 04/03/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do the Flower Power TSVs come around often? Is the Sun slightly warm? They plug the heck out of the stuff all Summer. Now he's got branded bird food (last shipment of the year about to sell out already this early in the year, in 'this' size...allegedly..) Just seen he's now got branded compost too! You'll be sick of the stuff by June.. If you record the hours, you'll be fast forwarding through the Flower Power plugs at lightning speeds!

Thanks for this comment. It really made me laugh & smile.

Help please, this thread seems as good a place as starting a new one...

When I lived in my own house my Dad use to make me up a couple of hanging baskets and pots each spring. He just use to arrive at my house with them. It was great.

However, we moved in summer and this spring I want to make my own. I have bought the TSV (in black), and although I know where I'm going to buy my plants and compost from, I was wondering if any of this Richard Jackson stuff is worth buying, like the flower power, root boost, container magic, all season plant food etc. etc. etc.

Thanks in advance, would really appreciate any help you can give me.

Help please, this thread seems as good a place as starting a new one...

When I lived in my own house my Dad use to make me up a couple of hanging baskets and pots each spring. He just use to arrive at my house with them. It was great.

However, we moved in summer and this spring I want to make my own. I have bought the TSV (in black), and although I know where I'm going to buy my plants and compost from, I was wondering if any of this Richard Jackson stuff is worth buying, like the flower power, root boost, container magic, all season plant food etc. etc. etc.

Thanks in advance, would really appreciate any help you can give me.

I personally haven't found any of his products any good however some people swear by them , this tub of flower power has just come online with free P&P .....

http://www.qvcuk.com/Richard-Jackso...04658.html?cm_sp=[Ljava.lang.String;@408c408c

Have used some of his products and not found them any better than good branded products but best to try them yourself and see what you think most of us get brainwashed into trying products on qvc anyway.

Just been doing some sums with all the Flower Power variations on QVC's website and it looks to me like the unit price is the same for all sizes. So therefore I'm probably just best buying the cheapest of these...

Have used some of his products and not found them any better than good branded products but best to try them yourself and see what you think most of us get brainwashed into trying products on qvc anyway.

As a novice I've never bought any products for plants, so although I'm going to end up buying something that may or may not be any good, some advice of what all the products do would be great. Thanks.

I've recorded all of Richard's shows today to watch tonight and see if I can get some tips.

Just to clear up a few points. The TSV for the baskets has gone now but they were the Easyfill hanging baskets but the new MK 2 range. They don't seem to have as many gate holes at the side as the older model but they also don't have the ventilation which they used to brag about so much. The ones on Ideal World are Easyfill too as far as I know and I did in fact purchase mine from them about 5 years ago and they are still going strong although the chains do rust eventually. They are extremely heavy when filled and wet and two of mine fell down and brought the hooks out with them too. I needed a builder to come and fit extra strong rawlbolts to secure them back. I too agree that the lighter 12" ones would be a better option.

My TSV has just been delivered.
Although, the products inside look to me ok, they have been delivered by Yodel (I presume they have come direct from the manufacturer) and repackaged. The parcel looks a right state.

Weve got a shop near us, well its a warehouse but anybody can go, Ive been today and the exact same baskets are £9.99 for four

My order has just been delivered...and is now awaiting pick up to be returned. The box was very flimsy and as such, badly damaged. Not the carriers fault, just inadequate packing. The gates on the baskets are well nigh impossible to open.Not one will open, it's almost as if they are welded closed. There was a packing note stating the gates may be a bit difficult to open initially - very true. They are going back.

Ps the very top basket, one of the gates was opened, presumably due to pressure of the box being crushed during transit. That one won't click close now!

My order has just been delivered...and is now awaiting pick up to be returned. The box was very flimsy and as such, badly damaged. Not the carriers fault, just inadequate packing. The gates on the baskets are well nigh impossible to open.Not one will open, it's almost as if they are welded closed. There was a packing note stating the gates may be a bit difficult to open initially - very true. They are going back.

Ps the very top basket, one of the gates was opened, presumably due to pressure of the box being crushed during transit. That one won't click close now!

Thanks for this post, I'm going to check mine more thoroughly this weekend because I didn't when they were originally delivered. Any tips on what I should be looking out for?

Had a leaflet come through for The Original Factory Shop , they have the Easy Fill hanging baskets for £4 each.

although i have the 12inch easyfill baskets i get just as good results from wicker or rattan type baskets which were two for £6 from the good garden centre near me.

Thanks for this post, I'm going to check mine more thoroughly this weekend because I didn't when they were originally delivered. Any tips on what I should be looking out for?

I've checked mine thoroughly this evening when I've arrived home and luckily they all seem ok. I've put them away now until May, when I will be going to a nursery up near my parents to get my plants.

I've checked mine thoroughly this evening when I've arrived home and luckily they all seem ok. I've put them away now until May, when I will be going to a nursery up near my parents to get my plants.

Unless your Nursery has amazing prices , If you have a Morrison's near you , try there , the bedding plants are fantastic value from there. Lobelia ive found is brilliant in easy fill baskets :)

Morrison's are excellent for plants still like the two big garden centres near me though for different types of plants.

It's the experience of going to the nursery if I'm honest, although I don't think he overcharged. So check this year. I love walking around with my Dad picking plants to put in my baskets - the different colours, species/breeds & variations.

Latest posts

Back