self-indulgence

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I know most Q presenters are 'self-indulgent' and to be fair that is probably a criterion of being a presenter on the channel. However, this morning Katy Pullinger, must I believe taken the biscuit. She stated that her 'goal' for 2018 was to have 6 thousand followers on Instagram (I mean self-obsessed or what) and that she has now got them so her next goal was 7 thousand. I mean really! I know that in the grand scheme of things this is not a large nunber, but to say that is her goal and be really proud of the fact that there was that number of people 'following her' rants does seem a little 'self-indulgent'. I am aware that there are others. Alex 'let it slip', that prior to joining Q she was just about to launch a 'children's bedding range' (wonder if that was a 'purposeful slip'?).

No, I know that there virtually all the presenters are writing books (I think even Mihal (sp) has got one in the pipeline), but this to me seemed a little 'arrogant'!

Dear God! Words fail me. Obviously 2018 was an even worse year for me than i thought since I don’t have one single follower.

I know most Q presenters are 'self-indulgent' and to be fair that is probably a criterion of being a presenter on the channel. However, this morning Katy Pullinger, must I believe taken the biscuit. She stated that her 'goal' for 2018 was to have 6 thousand followers on Instagram (I mean self-obsessed or what) and that she has now got them so her next goal was 7 thousand. I mean really! I know that in the grand scheme of things this is not a large nunber, but to say that is her goal and be really proud of the fact that there was that number of people 'following her' rants does seem a little 'self-indulgent'. I am aware that there are others. Alex 'let it slip', that prior to joining Q she was just about to launch a 'children's bedding range' (wonder if that was a 'purposeful slip'?).

No, I know that there virtually all the presenters are writing books (I think even Mihal (sp) has got one in the pipeline), but this to me seemed a little 'arrogant'!

Unfortunately 'celebrities' 'value' is increased by the number of shitheads they have following them.

It means absolutely nothing. People follow me on Twitter which is laughable because I hardly post anything and I follow others but I don’t in reality. I have better things to do. I also have a very healthy ego which doesn’t require me to have X number of followers to make me feel valued/admired/fun. I actually couldn’t give a monkey’s if I didn’t have any.

Honestly, she has a lovely family, a good job, probably reasonably well off and her biggest thing and goals in her life are on Instagram. That is so ****.

CC

I swear Simon Biaggi had a dig at his fellow presenters when he was presenting a PC one day. It had a lot of storage and he said something along the lines of "plenty of storage on there, for the book you are writing etc"

Surely, he was having a pop? :)

I swear Simon Biaggi had a dig at his fellow presenters when he was presenting a PC one day. It had a lot of storage and he said something along the lines of "plenty of storage on there, for the book you are writing etc"

Love it ! Must be the least cheesey thing he said all year (2018).

Just caught a bit of the repeat were QVC is "welcoming" in the New Year, Jill Franks said they'd "managed to get a camera over Londons fireworks" which we know is a lie because they had an exact same picture and angle on the BBC, but anyway back to self indulgence, I'll give JF and Me Hall their due, they wish health and happiness for 2019..........Debbie Flint? well she wished 2019 a year in which she finishes her novel she's been working on for five years, yep, that's dedication Debs. :mysmilie_3:

Says it all about her though doesn't it, she's absolutely vile.

As if? Surely he wouldn't be that 'naughty':mysmilie_17:

Though of course the 'subtilty' in the statement would probably be 'above' the heads of his fellow presenters anyway!

Yes, I saw that, that is probably why they were only allowed to show 1 millisecond, as they probably have not a Commercial TV licence. Yep, 'self-promotor' was self-promoting yet again. First breath of 2019 ahh isn't life good!

I was rather surprised to see JF presenting as I had imagined her being the type to go to a posh NY bash with a great view of the London fireworks.

Just caught a bit of the repeat were QVC is "welcoming" in the New Year, Jill Franks said they'd "managed to get a camera over Londons fireworks" which we know is a lie because they had an exact same picture and angle on the BBC, but anyway back to self indulgence, I'll give JF and Me Hall their due, they wish health and happiness for 2019..........Debbie Flint? well she wished 2019 a year in which she finishes her novel she's been working on for five years, yep, that's dedication Debs. :mysmilie_3:

Says it all about her though doesn't it, she's absolutely vile.

To be fair, the gallery might not have told Jill the source of the fireworks footage.

To be fair, the gallery might not have told Jill the source of the fireworks footage.

If that's the case I think she's best not to assume things then, because it just made her look like a liar. She could've just said "Wow! look at the fireworks in London"

If reports are to be believed Sydney spent 3.2 million on their fireworks however it said 2018 and not 2019.

Not wishing to be Bah Humbug so early in the year but I question the morality of capital cities spending this, plus policing, plus clearing up for just a few minutes.

I know they will say about all the tourists etc but from what I’ve been told people are herded with little opportunity to spend or to get reservations for restaurants etc plus everything costs an arm and a leg.

Us non city mortals are lucky if we get a scrappy Christmas tree!

Rant over!

Whats Instagram ?????? and WHY would ANYONE want to 'follow' HER. She's a ****** shop assistant for God's sake.

Seriously, I now picture Katy Pullinger as one of those yummy mummies who have their kids in tow whilst glued to their phones, give the kids their meals whilst glued to their phones, put the kids to bed whilst glued to their phones. Have 'sex' ? whilst glued to their phones.

Ha ! I knew it, - have just read lithpin Katy's cv, and she has a blogging/vlogging/bragging whatever called Hey Mummy on You tube. Dear God.

If reports are to be believed Sydney spent 3.2 million on their fireworks however it said 2018 and not 2019.

Not wishing to be Bah Humbug so early in the year but I question the morality of capital cities spending this, plus policing, plus clearing up for just a few minutes.

I know they will say about all the tourists etc but from what I’ve been told people are herded with little opportunity to spend or to get reservations for restaurants etc plus everything costs an arm and a leg.

Us non city mortals are lucky if we get a scrappy Christmas tree!

Rant over!

I hate fireworks. I'd actually like to ban them completely. I live right at the end of a very quiet cul-de-sac and because it's quite dark all the firework idiots seem to just set them off everywhere and anywhere. I personally find them quite terrifying and hate the flashes and noise disturbance. 2 years ago I had a rocket thrown at my car in the Asda car park. As I was getting in my car I just caught a really suspicious look on this youth's face and instead of putting the shopping in the back I got straight into the driver's seat and locked the door. 1 second later I felt a clang against my window and saw an explosion of light and a deafening bang followed by smoke that filled out most ot the car park. I called the police who said "it could be couple of hours and as I'm not harmed it's not priority so so I called them a load of useless f****** c**** and hung up. I dread to think what it must be like for elderly people, people with memories of war, those with mental health difficulties, and animals. Hate fireworks, Absolutely HATE them.

I hate fireworks. I'd actually like to ban them completely. I live right at the end of a very quiet cul-de-sac and because it's quite dark all the firework idiots seem to just set them off everywhere and anywhere. I personally find them quite terrifying and hate the flashes and noise disturbance. 2 years ago I had a rocket thrown at my car in the Asda car park. As I was getting in my car I just caught a really suspicious look on this youth's face and instead of putting the shopping in the back I got straight into the driver's seat and locked the door. 1 second later I felt a clang against my window and saw an explosion of light and a deafening bang followed by smoke that filled out most ot the car park. I called the police who said "it could be couple of hours and as I'm not harmed it's not priority so so I called them a load of useless f****** c**** and hung up. I dread to think what it must be like for elderly people, people with memories of war, those with mental health difficulties, and animals. Hate fireworks, Absolutely HATE them.

Oh dear, that must have been horrible. Some people (with pets) put the telly on really loud when fireworks go off?

Latest posts

Back