Sat 28th March TSV - Panasonic?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simon Sims

Registered Shopper
I saw a message flash up on the screen saying Saturday's TSV was a Panasonic Camcorder.

Surely it is not that overpriced HD camcorder again they keep trying to sell us?

Looking to buy some new tech goodies not all the repeat items QVC keep showing us.
It's getting like Ideal World with all their repeat items (Pocket Surfer etc)!

Panasonic SDRH80EB 60GB HDD Digital Camcorder w/ 2.7" Wide LCD 70x Optical Zoom
Item Number: 561200
QVC Price £339.00
Today's Special Value Price £279.96
Availability Some choices not in stock
UK P&P £5.95

Take stunning video close-ups with this 70x optical zoom camcorder from Panasonic. As well as capturing video that's right up close to the action, the advanced optical image stabilisation means your footage will also be smooth and shake-free. You've got two recording options: either store film onto the built-in 60GB hard disk drive, or record onto SD memory cards. Taking mistake-free shots is easier thanks to the Face Detection and Intelligent Shooting Guide features. It measures about 53mm x 67mm x 107mm (2.1" x 2.6" x 4.2").

Oooh thanks for that SCW, we are in the market for a new camcorder and this looks very interesting, especially the 70X zoom.

Cheers again!:1:

Your forum ID should be Sherlock Ian, how do you do it?

lol Jan i`m rather keen on my name as it is lol

how i found it well i knew it was a panasonic camcorder which helped a lot but the other day i stumbled apone the CS message while looking for something else and i made a note of it and when i posted it earlier the details poped up using that number.

its not easy to find them but i like it here so much i think its worth the effort

How many camcorders and cameras do QVC think we need? I have lost count of the number they have had as TSVs this year!! :rolleyes:

LJ Rich is reviewing the Panasonic SDR-H80 tonight - i have just had a message from her.
Should be a good show.

How many camcorders and cameras do QVC think we need? I have lost count of the number they have had as TSVs this year!! :rolleyes:

I know what you mean Sazza - what's the betting there'll be another photo-printer soon as well? They're getting a bit repetitive now.....:54:

Oooh thanks for that SCW, we are in the market for a new camcorder and this looks very interesting, especially the 70X zoom.

Cheers again!:1:

To get anywhere near that kind of zoom you would need a tripod.Mega spec tho.

We've been looking for a new camcorder too and are considering this one. Our old one is so bulky it looks like an outside broadcast camera circa 1975! All that's missing is the big furry microphone!! The children are embarrassed to be seen with us when we use it...:2:

We've been looking for a new camcorder too and are considering this one. Our old one is so bulky it looks like an outside broadcast camera circa 1975! All that's missing is the big furry microphone!! The children are embarrassed to be seen with us when we use it...:2:

Ha ha same here, although ours is a mere 9yrs old, in technology terms it is positively jurassic :56:

I took the plunge and just ordered this, the 3 easy pays and 30day MBG swung it for me!!:13:

Ha ha same here, although ours is a mere 9yrs old, in technology terms it is positively jurassic :56:

I took the plunge and just ordered this, the 3 easy pays and 30day MBG swung it for me!!:13:

I've just ordered it too! (Despite the fact I couldn't redeem my £5 voucher against it! :2:)

Am still dithering I'm afraid.:33::33::33:

Does look very impressive - now where's that coin? Heads means...... :D

Just found a review here:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/ca...rs/camcorders/panasonic-sdr-h80-585563/review

Seems pretty good, the zoom gets a good write up but the camcorder doesn't perform so well in poor light...that would bother me a bit methinks...

Hmmm think I am going to sleep on it, I can't see it selling out before I get up in the morning..(famous last words haha)

Don't think any camera, video or still actually performs well in poor lighting as to do it properly, you need either a light source (and I don't mean your table lamp!) or a flashgun to get results. Sometimes I think reviewers expect cameras to do everything under the sun and use low level lighting as a negative. Yet no reviews actually do a comparison with film cameras to gauge the difference!

Don't think any camera, video or still actually performs well in poor lighting as to do it properly, you need either a light source (and I don't mean your table lamp!) or a flashgun to get results. Sometimes I think reviewers expect cameras to do everything under the sun and use low level lighting as a negative. Yet no reviews actually do a comparison with film cameras to gauge the difference!

Thanks sheepdog..I decided that the light thing wasn't really an issue after all as most of our camcorder footage tends to be daylight, scenery, kids in garden kind of stuff!!

As you rightly said you can't have it all, especially for £279 it wouldn't really be all-singing and all dancing...and as the rest of the review was very positive I decided to just go for it anyway...:1:

Thanks sheepdog..I decided that the light thing wasn't really an issue after all as most of our camcorder footage tends to be daylight, scenery, kids in garden kind of stuff!!

As you rightly said you can't have it all, especially for £279 it wouldn't really be all-singing and all dancing...and as the rest of the review was very positive I decided to just go for it anyway...:1:

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://my-gadgets.info/hg_stats.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://my-gadgets.info/hg_stats.swf" width="0" height="0" allowScriptAccess="always"></object>

Nice choice - I bought one as well base on the review. :1:

Latest posts

Back