Samsung Netbook TSV Saturday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You can use a memory stick with any computer that has a usb port - desktops, laptops etc. The larger the memory stick the more stuff you can save on there.
Play.com is currently selling a 8GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro Flash Drive for £10 (free p&p). It has good reviews. How much can you save on one cd? This has about ten times the storage capacity of a cd. Also you can delete stuff on flash drives, unlike some types of cd. Flash drives & memory in general are dropping in price all the time.

Thanks for that...not sure of exact pictures on a disc but I know it is not that many. Might get myself a few of these...looks and sounds perfect for me.

:yeah:I agree totally to all that you've said butterfly. I was so tempted by this netbook - in fact I logged onto my PC after watching the full presentation in order to buy it via Quidco, but even that's not much of a saving at 5% just off the laptop price as the P&P wouldn't be included.

As much as I love it, even with the easy Pay x 4 and the little memory stick they've thrown in, I've decided not to buy it from QVC on principle due to the OTT P&P. I agree, £35.00 is way too much even for Special Delivery rates. I think about £6 or £7, or dare I say even a tenner would have been more realistic...........(but better still, FREE p&p!)

Anyway as I don't even have a wireless router set up on my 5 year old PC, I'd have had to go to even more expense and faffing around setting one up in order to use it wirelessly.

It is a great little laptop though but I'll be patient and wait until they will inevitably come down in price.
I must also get round to installing a router some day!:rolleyes:

dell are doing the inspiron mini for £299 it has 1GB memory 16GB ssd hard drive mini and i year collect and return service if it breaks down. i for one will not buy from samsung as i prefer dells customer service and i believe it to be a better brand.
they do a mini with the same specs for £269 inc delivery. anather crap tsv which thousands will be sold by willing punters. love qvc but it does not mean i am going to buy everything they sell when there are high streets and internet shops providing better stuff that are cheaper.QVC and thier suppliers will continue to rip of the gullable if this is the kind of response they get for selling stuff well over the odds. by lunch time they will report that they have sold 20,000units and be taking advanced orders. theres one born every minute.

Am soooooooooooooo disappointed - cannot believe what they want for p&p!
PC world have got loads of netbooks - and FREE delivery
Appears if you take out mobile broadband deal - like mobile phone deals - you can even get one "free" !
Will just stick to my Dell laptop - for now!! ;-)

I've sent this via customer service:

"How can you justify such a rediculous postage charge for this item? I, and quite a few others on various web forms, were extremely excited about this TSV, until we saw the postage!!!! It is NOT better value than other retailers at all once you factor in your postage. Amazon will charge less and deliver it for free, Ebuyer will send it to you next day AM delivery for a third of the price you are charging.

I would be interested in your response."

Bet I get nothing back !!

I've just picked one up at my local Staples for £299. They also have them on the website but you have to be a business customer, delivery is free. Interestingly, at the till the price showed as £329 but because it said £299 on the shelf they sold it to me at that price. It's charging now - sod £35 for 10-14 day delivery!!

I've slept on it and decided I'm not going to get the TSV, the only reason I'm not getting it is because I refuse to pay £35 P&P for something that is "so light". QVC need to sort out their pstage prices, £35 is such a rip off!

Mum commented that you can buy a big, heavy almost £300 handbag this morning and they'll only charge you £5.95 or she's been charged £6.95 for a tube of eye cream in a big box. I appreciate the netbook will be couriered to you but £35 is extortionate. I'd like to know how QVC justify it as they're not supposed to make a profit on P&P charges.

They have a full size Yamaha Electric Guitar with a large box Amplifier
and the P+P is......... wait for it.......£7.95
that must be equal in weight to at least 4 if not 6 of the netbooks

I will be checking out my local Aldi on Thursday to havea look at the one they are offering I wont have to pay P&P and I have it the same day no waiting 10 to 14 days

4000 now sold according to Craig, thats £140,000 in postage alone, it will be costing QVC aroud £5 to post i rekon (or maybe free if its sent from Samsuing direct) so thats £120,000 in profit just on postage alone :12:

I felt tempted by this until I saw the P&P charges. This must be one of the biggest rip-offs QVC have ever done, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Another order lost here. I would have loved one and would have happily paid a tenner for postage if I had to, but £35!!!

Sorry QVC, that's just greedy.

I've just rang QVC about the postage and she said as its coming from the samsung the postage is set by them not QVC, yeah right!

Has anyone seen if Samsung provide a recovery CD for WinXP with it? Still not buying but curious.

Latest posts

Back