SALE20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are the wrap it sets any good?

Had my eye on the brightly coloured large set on clearance!
I haven't even used any yet, I envisaged hanging things on hooks on walls, but I haven't got any free walls, or on rafters, but I haven't got any exposed rafters lol. So in my case, they were a waste of money, but I am trying to think of other uses. for them.

Any suggestions eg suitcase straps (except I don't go anywhere with a suitcase)?

Oh no don’t remind me!

I’ve had my eye on this a few times!

Even including the postage, it’s practically a pound a box!

And the price of the Lock n locks recently has shot up…

But can I store 25 more sets?!!
That's my problem too.

But when I get an Indian takeaway, I use a large LnL to put it all in, as those foil containers often leak.

I can't undersatnd why all the Indian takeaways I've tried use the foil containers with a cardboard top, yet all the Chinese use the much better plastic ones with tight fitting lids, which are also useful afterwards.

Oh no don’t remind me!

I’ve had my eye on this a few times!

Even including the postage, it’s practically a pound a box!

And the price of the Lock n locks recently has shot up…

But can I store 25 more sets?!!
They are supposed to stack inside each other, but the demo of this was meaningless and only lasted a few seconds.

I also got these, the rectangular one fits my air fryer, and they seem good value and only £1-95 pp (any more PP and I wouldn't have bought them). But the SALE20 code wouldn't work.

I saw a demo of these or similar on Q a few months ago but they would have been too big for my air fryer so I bought one from Amazon. Unfortunately, when I use it, it sets my smoke detector alarm off. The liner thing does stick up if I don’t push it right down so I wondered if it was touching the element at the top and smoking but it doesn’t appear damaged and when I tried next day with it almost folded down so it definitely didn’t touch, it still set the alarm off. Some kind of weird fumes given off when hot, I expect, so I’ve decided not to use it again. It wasn’t really cheap but probably inferior quality.

Let’s buy it and blame each other!
Well I *did* buy the lock and lock set (AND the 85 piece wrap it set for my brother)…

Checked out about 23:55pm!

(And then of course it decided both of my payment cards were expired so I’m trying to enter new details before midnight..!)

Anyway code applied fine and went through in time.

Checked order confirmation and the “credit” is only £2.40p…

Couldn’t work out why, and realised it’s only taken the discount off the £12 wrap it set.

Was expecting £3.99 off the lock n locks so just checked on website and spotted a little box against LnL item reading “featured price”?!

The code only applied to clearance prices and I *swear* it was a clearance item when I looked at it - I was only looking in the sale section!

Can anyone else confirm this for me?

I know it’s only £4 and I prob shouldn’t have succumbed but it’s principal!

Am tempted to cancel if I can..!

Well I *did* buy the lock and lock set (AND the 85 piece wrap it set for my brother)…

(And then of course it decided both of my payment cards were expired so I’m trying to enter new details before midnight..!)

Couldn’t work out why, and realised it’s only taken the discount off the £12 wrap it set.

Was expecting £3.99 off the lock n locks so just checked on website and spotted a little box against LnL item reading “featured price”?!

The code only applied to clearance prices and I *swear* it was a clearance item when I looked at it - I was only looking in the sale section!

How very annoying! Sadly unless you've got a screenshot of the item showing that it was on clearance, you'll just be told that you're mistaken and that the code doesn't qualify for the item. If you do have regrets, then contact them asap and see whether you can cancel that part of the order. You never know, if you're adamant that the lock and locks were in clearance they might just apply the discount as a goodwill gesture, unlikely I know but it's always worth a try. Of course if it is too late and the goods are on their way, then you'd have to pay another £4 or more to return them. Good luck!

You are just like me - my online orders (not just QVC) are nearly always completed between 2345 and 2359 when there’s an expiring offer. I, too, was sitting up just before midnight looking at my Q wish list as I had done two or three times during the day, but I managed to talk myself out of everything and I’m pleased with myself this morning, even though I’m slightly disappointed as well.

The storage containers were very tempting indeed. Like you, I was convinced they were in Clearance because when I've been browsing, I’ve been clicking through from the page promoting the SALE20 code. However, maybe we just saw the set from Strato’s post and link. The only way to know if it’s Q’s error is if someone here also bought and the code worked for them? They are still a bargain but I get your frustration. Do call CS as Merryone suggests.

I think it's about time that QVC did free returns, like so many other places do allowing you to try on something for size. I was tempted to buy Jackie's denim jacket with the fur collar as that was in clearance and with 20% off brought it down to a reasonable price. I already have a denim jacket, but I particularly like the style of this one so I would've been prepared to make room for it however, they only had XS, S and 3XL left in stock. From looking at the measurements and hearing what they had to say then the small would probably be ok, but I would've definitely gone for it had they got a medium left. Trouble is, if I were to order it in S and it was too tight and uncomfortable, then I'm faced with possibly as much as £8 to return it and that's too much to pay just to try something on!

Thanks for your replies!

I was up all night - sadly - and about 3am, I looked at my qvc account to see the order(s).

It said “in progress” so I figured that was that, but when I clicked on the right of the order number, it gave me the option to cancel… so I did!

Lucky it let me as figured no customer services open on the bank holiday today…

Can/might reorder the same items and would only be £2.40 more and at least I won’t feel cheated or rushed if I do! X

I think it's about time that QVC did free returns, like so many other places do allowing you to try on something for size. I was tempted to buy Jackie's denim jacket with the fur collar as that was in clearance and with 20% off brought it down to a reasonable price. I already have a denim jacket, but I particularly like the style of this one so I would've been prepared to make room for it however, they only had XS, S and 3XL left in stock. From looking at the measurements and hearing what they had to say then the small would probably be ok, but I would've definitely gone for it had they got a medium left. Trouble is, if I were to order it in S and it was too tight and uncomfortable, then I'm faced with possibly as much as £8 to return it and that's too much to pay just to try something on!
Couldn’t agree more, it’s crazy!

I’ve never bought any clothing from qvc - or fashion as they like to call it! - and not tempted although they do now sell a few brands I would wear.

But as you say, why would anyone risk having to return items that may not fit…

[Although I thought you could return via Evri which would cap the price??
£8 is insane!]

I’m in between sizes, plus as you say their measurements are not easy to use, so I would need to buy two to try.

Without free returns - even if just on fashion - I’m amazed anyone risks it…!

I bought that Harry Slatkin luminiere (yes, I know, I know) it was on sale and EZ pays and I also got 20% off. Then I saw a gorgeous faux fur Ben de Lisi coat which was on EZ but I couldn't have both the EZ and the discount so I went for the discount. I think at first they were allowing both and then changed it as the presenters are now definitely saying you can't do both.

I am now not buying any more crap as I already said I was clearing out - only to be replaced by more. I'm a lost cause.

CC
His candles are excellent although they don’t last long.
I got a Christmas one from a set that I burned recently and you could smell the room the day after.
Think it was silver birch or something like that.

I bought the LnL set as well, even though I've got loads, but often I can't find the right shape or size in my stash. And I use them for so many things, not just food, but tools, gadgets, nick-nacks etc. Also to pack various things in my luggage so my case is well organised, and fragile items like my ipad are well protected. These look like different shapes to my existing ones (to make them stackable) so they should be useful.

I couldn't use the SALE20 code so I rang up CS to find out why, which was explained to me (it doesn't apply to feature prices, which is just a stupid rule IMO) but I did end up with a gesture of goodwill.

Again, this was a fairly late night purchase.

I am surprised that all the colours are still in stock.

I bought the LnL set as well, even though I've got loads ….

I couldn't use the SALE20 code so I rang up CS to find out why, which was explained to me (it doesn't apply to feature prices, which is just a stupid rule IMO) but I did end up with a gesture of goodwill.

Again, this was a fairly late night purchase.

I am surprised that all the colours are still in stock.
Well done! I’m pleased to see QVC recognise a good customer in this way and are not too short-sighted to realise their giving a small discount makes a big difference to the customer and could well influence whether or not they purchase from Q again.

I’m still thinking about it now I know I would not be paying more than I would have paid yesterday because the code wouldn’t have worked anyway.

Latest posts

Back