Saggy knockers and no teeth. Welcome to Pilates.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like the lean look but MB looks like she had way too much Aussie sun when she was younger. There's nothing you can do to correct that, years later - hence the shrivelled prune skin. I suspect, given "Lighter Living", etc., she's in to that life extension stuff that relies on high nutrition and exercise but lifelong extreme calorie reduction. It does work ... except aesthetically.

Yes, it was proven by scientists that calorie restriction extends life span by 30% and it was on Horizon BBC a while ago, it’s now on YouTube, and it was about fasting and calorie restriction benefits.

The question I would ask is do the presenters on here (or any other shopping channel) look in the mirror before their "air time". I thought this thread was "quite tongue in cheek", obviously I am incorrect.

Yes, it was proven by scientists that calorie restriction extends life span by 30% and it was on Horizon BBC a while ago, it’s now on YouTube, and it was about fasting and calorie restriction benefits.

Wish I had seen that programme,sounds very interesting.
Lynn

It's on youtube Lynn, I'll try to find it for you when I come home tonight.

Last edited:

What's the point in living 30% longer if you're miserable as sin because you can't have a packet of crisps when you feel like it. :giggle:

Being thin does not mean you have to be miserable,plenty of overweight people are because they can't control themselves.
Lynn

What's the point in living 30% longer if you're miserable as sin because you can't have a packet of crisps when you feel like it. :giggle:
Yeh or live a life of bening malnourished with all the pains & health complications that brings. I know that bring very thin doesn't necessarily mean malnourishment but MB just doesn't look healthy to me at all. Continual lack of food can't be good from an ongoing nutritional perspective. You may live 30% longer but how realistic is that really? You don't eat properly, get the flu or similar, you're far less likley to recover than someone who has a regular balanced food intake.

Yeh or live a life of bening malnourished with all the pains & health complications that brings. I know that bring very thin doesn't necessarily mean malnourishment but MB just doesn't look healthy to me at all. Continual lack of food can't be good from an ongoing nutritional perspective. You may live 30% longer but how realistic is that really? You don't eat properly, get the flu or similar, you're far less likley to recover than someone who has a regular balanced food intake.

The same can be said for those who are overweight and eat an unhealthy diet..

Being thin does not mean you have to be miserable,plenty of overweight people are because they can't control themselves.
Lynn

See that little giggling smiley at the end of my post? That means I was being light hearted.
Anyway, its lunch time, so I'm off to the chippy for a few pies - anyone want anything?
(that's a joke as well in case anyone's not sure...)

Last edited:
Some people practice Calorie Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, not just living on a glass of Kola or coffee and a slice of toast a day, that's where malnutrition starts when people don’t know what they are doing to themselves in terms of health.

In this thread, there have been the following: comments saying Marjolein looks 'dog rough'..... likeing them to Iggy Pop and Worzel Gummidge.....calling them the Gruesome Twosome.... of course people can say what they want on a forum like this, free speech and all that, but it just amazes me how cruel and nasty people on here are. These aren't general criticisms about a presenter's way of presenting or comments on what they are wearing, but akin to school playground bullying, except the presenters can't hear what you're saying (but they can read what you're saying if they come on here). I know they are in the public eye and people say they should therefore accept that there will be people who don't like them, but comments on this thread just show some forum members up for what they really are - nasty bullies who I wouldn't like to meet in the real world.

I'm not talking about all comments on this thread, I agree that Marjolein is particularly slim and I don't think it does her any favours, but why all the name calling? I'm getting a mental picture of some of you now and I don't like what I see.

That's harsh in regards to M being arrested, one may not be able to help how they look or may be indeed this is her choice of how she wants to look. Overwithgt people don't get arrested for being overweight. I don't understand this arrest although I wasn't able to read about it because it's blocked to me at the moment.

Last edited:
Was there a Groupon offer on for a Sense of Humour bypass?

The beauty of a public forum, particularly one aimed at a certain subject, is that it generally balances itself out. There are many presenters I cannot abide, some I quite like - many on here will have opposite tastes to me - the balance!

However, if I see a thread slagging off someone I like, I dont feel the need to leap in superhero style to defend them and whining about people being bullies and errrm not very nice. Get a grip people.

That's harsh in regards to M being arrested, one may not be able to help how they look or may be indeed this is her choice of how she wants to look. Overwithgt people don't get arrested for being overweight. I don't understand this arrest although I wasn't able to read about it because it's blocked to me at the moment.

She was arrested for drink driving. I presume the photo is a mugshot.

Latest posts

Back