Ruth Langsford TSV 10/4/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish Ruth would stop wasting her time "comissioning" these silly little jackets in every colour under the sun - I'm gonna stick my neck out here, but what most people are looking for a denim or twill jacket is something that they can wear with anything, and if necessary, can be done up! Yes, it's good to be given a choice of dark or light denim, some may prefer black, and a white one can be nice for summer - Despite what she says, I'm sure nobody's saying ooh I wish it came in pink, red, or sunshine yellow. Start going all matchy matchy with your clothes and you'll look as frumpy as hell, as you can see in the pic of the pink dress, pink jacket and pink shoe combination.
What makes me laugh is how on literally every show, she mentions how she can't make this jacket any longer as it would look frumpy - Well it can't look any more frumpy than the rest of her collection!

I`ve had a couple of items from each of the websites below. I`ve been pleased with them and they`ve washed and worn well since I bought them last year. I can`t say everything on the sites are to my taste but there`s very little polyester and most items are either cotton, linen or viscose. Might be worth a browse for anybody looking for daytime casual wear and there`s introductory discounts , plus email discount codes or website discounts at regular intervals.
(y)(y)(y)(y) thanks Vienna, always looking for attractive/decent price/non-poly-elastene clothes.

If anybody does facebook and likes the websites I listed earlier then join their facebook pages. They do regular lives where you can see the items worn on someone, they do special discount codes, they do competitions to win a gift voucher and you can also ask questions about fit, length, how other people have found items to be and so on, you also get to see new stock before it hits the websites and useful feedback too.

I wish Ruth would stop wasting her time "comissioning" these silly little jackets in every colour under the sun - I'm gonna stick my neck out here, but what most people are looking for a denim or twill jacket is something that they can wear with anything, and if necessary, can be done up! Yes, it's good to be given a choice of dark or light denim, some may prefer black, and a white one can be nice for summer - Despite what she says, I'm sure nobody's saying ooh I wish it came in pink, red, or sunshine yellow. Start going all matchy matchy with your clothes and you'll look as frumpy as hell, as you can see in the pic of the pink dress, pink jacket and pink shoe combination.
What makes me laugh is how on literally every show, she mentions how she can't make this jacket any longer as it would look frumpy - Well it can't look any more frumpy than the rest of her collection!

She clearly doesn't look in the mirror before she comes on air ! and I think there is something a bit desperate when someone who wears 'fitted' clothes with a wash'n'set as the norm then starts to try looking like a rock-chick ! those 'biker' jackets are ok for the young, and those who naturally have the Jo Wood lifetime style of dressing, but not those like Ruthless who dress for the conference meetings !!

If anybody does facebook and likes the websites I listed earlier then join their facebook pages. They do regular lives where you can see the items worn on someone, they do special discount codes, they do competitions to win a gift voucher and you can also ask questions about fit, length, how other people have found items to be and so on, you also get to see new stock before it hits the websites and useful feedback too.
I really like the nautical tops and very much like the fact it looks like real people not 9ft size 6 models. Even companies who say they use normal people they are still size 12 and tall.

I see that Denim & Co are doing swimsuits - i don’t recall Q doing this before.

Imagine the returns 🤐🤐🤐

Ok, Ok, hands up, no one likes the Nicobar dress except me lol. I was just thinking it would be nice for Barbados or Greece or somewhere. I wasn't going to wear it to Tesco :oops:. I'm quite small in height and width at the moment so the things on this site would be a bit big. I just liked the idea of it and the colour. Why am I justifying myself 😧. If you could see some of the things I've worn on holidays you'd all be doing the "dying fly". But no one knows me so I just go for it.

CC
I thought it was a bit Mother flump, bit if the wearer is not Mother flump, it'll look nice. Besides, in scorching sweaty weather, even Mother flump looks better than puffing red tomato.

I really like the nautical tops and very much like the fact it looks like real people not 9ft size 6 models. Even companies who say they use normal people they are still size 12 and tall.

I see that Denim & Co are doing swimsuits - i don’t recall Q doing this before.

Imagine the returns 🤐🤐🤐

One reason why I would never buy the shapewear (the bottom half), :eek:😷 😷 😷 I mean, how many times have they been returned before they get sent out again ??

You can tell with swimwear if the "hygiene strip" has been taken off and re-stuck. Why would you try stuff on with no pants if you might not keep it. OK, with 60 day MBG you might wear it to go swimming, it sags at the front or sticks up your bum then you send it back but surely just to try it on you wouldn't do it nude?

CC

One of the websites I posted earlier have a 10% discount code for over Easter which is BUNNY10.

Those tie dye tops would be £80 if they were MW and those netted shrug cardis for a tenner - I'm sure Kim & Co sell the same thing (not for £10).

CC

I thought they looked OK if you wanted a swim dress. My friend wore them moons ago because she had really fat tops of legs. Secret is to get one that your boobs hang out of and then no one looks any further down.

CC
That’s so funny but true!

Those tie dye tops would be £80 if they were MW and those netted shrug cardis for a tenner - I'm sure Kim & Co sell the same thing (not for £10).

CC
There as a range of knitwear with a lovely Scottish guest, and they did little shrug cards. I recall they used to fly out the door...but I can't remember the name of the brand.

There as a range of knitwear with a lovely Scottish guest, and they did little shrug cards. I recall they used to fly out the door...but I can't remember the name of the brand.
Marble, I bought one from the Q & many from eBay. I have always liked sleeveless clothes but they were not suitable when teaching high school students so those lightweight shrugs were really useful.

Marble, I bought one from the Q & many from eBay. I have always liked sleeveless clothes but they were not suitable when teaching high school students so those lightweight shrugs were really useful.
THANK YOU! Yes, that is absolutely the brand I mean.
Thank you to LATI too, for providing the answer..I know it would have bugged me endlessly otherwise.

I`ve had a couple of items from each of the websites below. I`ve been pleased with them and they`ve washed and worn well since I bought them last year. I can`t say everything on the sites are to my taste but there`s very little polyester and most items are either cotton, linen or viscose. Might be worth a browse for anybody looking for daytime casual wear and there`s introductory discounts , plus email discount codes or website discounts at regular intervals.
I purchased 2 tops from Tillets on your recommendation Vienna and they arrived today. Included was a thick cotton tote bag and a wee necklace.
They are a good fit for me I am a 16/18 top and an 18 bottom with it all on my hips. The ‘one size up to 20’ fitted fine with a fair bit of room and the ‘one size up to 18 ‘was a perfect fit. The ones I choose had side zips which I know wouldnt suit some folks but I quite like zips and it also gives me a bit more ease at the hem, not that I needed it.

My intention was just to wear at home but I would be more than happy to wear outside.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back