Ruby quartz

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OrangeLady

Registered Shopper
I can't recall which thread this issue was originally raised on, so I'm starting a new thread.

TMWNN, was it you who successfully reported them for using the name "Ruby quartz"? Are they banned from using that name?

I've just tuned in, spotted this in the previously auctioned pieces (I didn't see it live on screen):

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240507_111728_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240507_111728_Chrome.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 17
Gemporia doesn't seem to give a stuff about even pretending to favour ethical selling any more. They appear to be going all out to grab viewers' cash no matter what. And by any means necessary.

I wonder if the lovely Ellis Ward will answer such queries about the company's selling practices on air? Or if she just reserves that time for throwing insults about like a baby chucking its toys out of its pram?

I can't recall which thread this issue was originally raised on, so I'm starting a new thread.

TMWNN, was it you who successfully reported them for using the name "Ruby quartz"? Are they banned from using that name?

I've just tuned in, spotted this in the previously auctioned pieces (I didn't see it live on screen):

Thanks for bringing this up.

They are indeed banned from using this name - but despite that, they did so again last week - and again today.

Do you know what time this will have been on-air roughly? I'll raise it yet again with the ASA.

Gemporia doesn't seem to give a stuff about even pretending to favour ethical selling any more. They appear to be going all out to grab viewers' cash no matter what. And by any means necessary.

I wonder if the lovely Ellis Ward will answer such queries about the company's selling practices on air? Or if she just reserves that time for throwing insults about like a baby chucking its toys out of its pram?

Ellis can kiss my arse. Read that out on-air Ellis - then apologise to customers for mis-selling that Tanzanite ring too :)

So, an update on this, despite the ASA telling me they gave Gemporia a 'final warning' for this when I first reported 'Ruby Quartz', they've had yet another slap on the wrist with no formal action taken.

I reported this to the ASA for a SECOND AND THIRD time - and still no punishment.

However, after further warning from the ASA, Gemporia have now changed the name of 'Ruby Quartz' to 'Red Quartz' - so at least its half a victory in the sense that its stopped them misleading with this particular stone.

The ASA have told me that if I see the name 'Ruby Quartz' again, I'm to let them know so that they can give Gemporia ANOTHER warning.

So even 'final warnings' are pointless.

I've sent a very strongly worded email to the ASA stating, quite bluntly, that I do not think they are fit for purpose and will be raising my concerns to my MP after the general election in addition to Ofcom because the endless varieties of gemstones that Gemporia are selling misleadingly with 'Jadeite' is their name, despite not being Jadeite at all, is getting beyond ridiculous.

So, an update on this, despite the ASA telling me they gave Gemporia a 'final warning' for this when I first reported 'Ruby Quartz', they've had yet another slap on the wrist with no formal action taken.

I reported this to the ASA for a SECOND AND THIRD time - and still no punishment.

However, after further warning from the ASA, Gemporia have now changed the name of 'Ruby Quartz' to 'Red Quartz' - so at least its half a victory in the sense that its stopped them misleading with this particular stone.

The ASA have told me that if I see the name 'Ruby Quartz' again, I'm to let them know so that they can give Gemporia ANOTHER warning.

So even 'final warnings' are pointless.

I've sent a very strongly worded email to the ASA stating, quite bluntly, that I do not think they are fit for purpose and will be raising my concerns to my MP after the general election in addition to Ofcom because the endless varieties of gemstones that Gemporia are selling misleadingly with 'Jadeite' is their name, despite not being Jadeite at all, is getting beyond ridiculous.
Well done to you for reporting it and being on their case. It's so frustrating that organisations such as ASA are set up in the first place if they have no clout to do anything about flagrant breaches that occur. This constant 'slap on the wrist' policy has no impact on the channel whatsoever and I thought the whole idea of the ASA was to try to protect the customer from misleading/spurious claims? But it does make you wonder - and if it isn't offering any protection for the customer, then it begs the question: what is the point of the ASA anyway? The only way that misleading claims will stop is when the channel are given two warnings, and then, if they commit another breach, they are taken off-air for 48 hours, (say), and with no warning at all, thus penalizing any 'special hours' or 'special guests' lined up. If they continue to make claims that are proven incorrect then the penalty should be increased, but the ASA seems to have no clout whatsoever - or to shy away from using it.

Latest posts

Back