Ridiculous Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think sometimes in the terror of not dressing "like your granny would have" all of us run the risk of making different mistakes.

Julia is hampered by problems with her feet, no doubt... and has lived her entire life with the effects of the polio she suffered when younger, and is now living with the chemotherapy which is part of managing her chronic leukaemia... and she can't just grab a pair of shoes from another presenter as she also has very petite feet. There are shoe makers who will custom make shoes (as the queen does), or there are orthotics. Surely it is possible to get footwear which is supportive and comfortable that won't look ridiculous and inappropriate?

I have to agree, it was cruel to make her spend an hour in front of the camera, dressed like that. Surely they could have created an outfit that took the shoes into consideration. I actually thought the dress looked like a bin-bag.

Very few of the presenters dress well, but I do feel sorry for them if they're at the mercy of the 'stylists', who guest the fashion hours. Apart from Ashling and Lesley, they can be a scary bunch!

I have to agree, it was cruel to make her spend an hour in front of the camera, dressed like that. Surely they could have created an outfit that took the shoes into consideration. I actually thought the dress looked like a bin-bag.

Very few of the presenters dress well, but I do feel sorry for them if they're at the mercy of the 'stylists', who guest the fashion hours. Apart from Ashling and Lesley, they can be a scary bunch!

Why do some British women hang onto youth & end up looking older that their years?I saw our PM Ms. May on TV this a.m & despite any Political allegiance I thought for a lady of a certain age she looked 'polished'.No need to hit the 'cover grey colour', make up obviously there but not 'glam' & clothes not high fashion (daft for her age) but classic.

I would think that PM Ms. May has a personal stylist that perhaps comes with the job. I hear you saying they have stylists on QVC, I know, stylists with no style, obviously.

I would think that PM Ms. May has a personal stylist that perhaps comes with the job. I hear you saying they have stylists on QVC, I know, stylists with no style, obviously.

If so, she must have had the stylist when she was Home Secretary, as it doesn't appear that her style has changed significantly.

If so, she must have had the stylist when she was Home Secretary, as it doesn't appear that her style has changed significantly.

Either way, it is quite right that this is the case - she is, after all, representing the country whenever we see her, and especially abroad.

I'm sorry ladies but I thought she looked great and the dress was neither too short or too tight. Perhaps you would all like to post pictures of yourselves so we can see what perfect looks like!

I think that warrants an OUCH!!!

Why do some British women hang onto youth & end up looking older that their years?I saw our PM Ms. May on TV this a.m & despite any Political allegiance I thought for a lady of a certain age she looked 'polished'.No need to hit the 'cover grey colour', make up obviously there but not 'glam' & clothes not high fashion (daft for her age) but classic.

Yes I think she has it just right apart from one reservation I think she too should cover her knee`s with some of her outfits that for me are too short .. as they age her wearing too short dresses/skirts Very few `older` women can carry shorter styles ...and its time QVC realised we aren`t in America too and lengthen their imports!!

i believe julia explained she's wearing the flip flops as she cannot wear any other footwear at the moment due to an injured toe, she was banging on about it during the elegies show as something fell off the table and said if it had hit her toe whoever set it up would have been for the long jump...

Yes I think she has it just right apart from one reservation I think she too should cover her knee`s with some of her outfits that for me are too short .. as they age her wearing too short dresses/skirts Very few `older` women can carry shorter styles ...and its time QVC realised we aren`t in America too and lengthen their imports!! Was there no other clothes in the hour that would have been more suitable?

Agree Madaboutdogs--less legs & less plunging necklines! I never wear sleeveless these days & I have better upper arms than most 69 year olds!

I didn't hear Julia say about her toe before I started this thread so if the flip flops are all she could get on her feet then fair enough. It still does not excuse that shocking dress though, surely she could have worn something else that might have complimented the flip flops - and indeed actually fit her.

Peter Pan!

Just flicked on the Nina Leonard show to see Julia dressed in a black dress that was too short and far too tight for her - no doubt a small!! Then she had teamed this with some bright pink flip flops. She looked absolutely ridiculous. I have turned it over because I cannot stand watching her acting like queen B any longer.

The dress looks like a grey/black version of a Peter Pan Pantomime costume! Suede generally has a matte appearance, this offering is far too shiny to be termed faux suede. Awful.

I'm sorry ladies but I thought she looked great and the dress was neither too short or too tight. Perhaps you would all like to post pictures of yourselves so we can see what perfect looks like!

No I am nowhere near perfect but know what to wear and what not to wear.

Well to be fair to Julia, she looked utterly mortified to be stuck in that dress (which she was at pains to say was not her normal style) and she looked uncomfortable as hell when the (cruel) cameraman zoomed in on her and slowly panned up her body, I felt quite sorry for her!

Had to go and look at the video.........thought Julia didn't look too bad, have seen her look much worse, BUT as usual she seemed pleased with the way the dress looked/fitted in the SMALL.............😱

I think Julia looks her best when she sticks to the Onjenu dresses.
the one in particular she enjoys is the rainbow pastel leopard print
HERE
the front twist flatters her bustline, hides her tummy and is a great frock

...... sadly she still wears flip flop wedges :headbang:

Oh goodness I just noticed, her legs were bare in todays show.. had she just thrown this suedette dress on straight from the swimming pool?

Last edited:
I think Julia looks her best when she sticks to the Onjenu dresses.
the one in particular she enjoys is the rainbow pastel leopard print
HERE
the front twist flatters her bustline, hides her tummy and is a great frock

...... sadly she still wears flip flop wedges :headbang:

Oh goodness I just noticed, her legs were bare in todays show.. had she just thrown this suedette dress on straight from the swimming pool?

She did say she wouldn't normally have bare legs , she apologised for it ,but she has a toe injury and can only wear flats flip flops.

She stated she would wear it with ankle boots . So while I think it was too young and girly maybe it would have looked better on her.

I'm her age and slimmish and I wouldn't go near it.

I don't know why she's using the excuse of a sore toe as she always wears Toe Post sandals anyway. She needs a complete makeover IMO.

why does she not try out the orthotic range that qvc sell...i think shes a bit ****** minded. she obviously reads the threads on here and just wants to do her own thing. she is still pretty but she needs help like most of us. time can be cruel but there are ways to make sure we look the best we can.

Latest posts

Back