Richard Jackson Root Booster TSV 09/05/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RJ did a good deal not so long ago of two big tubs for about £17. I bought that at the time so won't need any more but it's good stuff.

CC

Attachments

• RJ TSV 1.jpg
    RJ TSV 1.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 299
  • RJ TSV 2.jpg
    RJ TSV 2.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 304
Is this a new generation root booster with some magical extra added Richard been in his shed again he must have a little laboratory in there the little rascal that he is.

He’s on one side of the shed and the likes of Abbi C and Lulu are on the other side in white coats making the gloop. Maybe a bit of mixing so that is how the likes of Revitalash came about, a bit of root booster into the time bomb.

I am ahead with my planting this year so its too late for Root Booster for me. But I use toprose for all flowering shrubs before planting. An ericaceous pellet before planting for camellias and my Magnolia. sorted!

There's me calling myself a gardener & I don't use any supplements, just put them in & they grow.

On another note i was looking for nonstop garden ready begonias Thomson and Morgan online 12 9cm pots £34.99 i have just come back from Morrisons 12 garden ready begonias £6 lovely plants cant help feeling nearly £40 including postage is taking the you know what despite the current problems.

I used to buy a lot of Morrisons plants when they were my local and they were always really good, especially the begonias and geraniums. I thought the big companies might give us some bargains seeing as they were allegedly chucking plants away but it looks like the opposite. Charge huge prices, tell folk plants are hard to get and see if they bite.

CC

You have to be resourceful...I don't like wasting money its just the way I am and I will not be paying daft prices for QVC plants just beacause they say they are good VFM when they are not!

The only compost I have been able to get was from Tesco and yesterday from Lidl. Both were very very course, really more like bark chippings the sort of thing you would mulch beds with. Not impressed. Wouldn’t buy again.

I got a small bag of Westland compost from our co-op and it was terrible. Full of stones and sticks. Worth paying a bit more for the good stuff if you can find it. Thomson & Morgan have just cancelled half my order of plants to be delivered to my mum, either took too many orders or plants too poor to send out.

CC

The only compost I have been able to get was from Tesco and yesterday from Lidl. Both were very very course, really more like bark chippings the sort of thing you would mulch beds with. Not impressed. Wouldn’t buy again.
I bought some lidl compost a few weeks ago it was more like a John Innes compost rather than the regular stuff more gritty

Hubby picked up a tray of begonias from Morrison’s last summer they romped away filling a large barrel

I have found compost even by good companies can be very coarse. I think it is as they have being try to reduce and stop using peat.

The gardening stall in our local market is obviously closed. Their stock comes from the nursery owned and run by the stall holders parents. They are now offering a home delivery service from the nursery. Amazingly there’s no delivery charge and the prices are the same as they charge in the market. There’s a minimum order of £30 but this is easy if a few neighbours make up an order.

simple but effective, and efficient.

Latest posts

Back