Richard Jackson’s Bird Food TSV 07/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's now best ever, so when he said last time it couldn't be beaten, it actually could.........who knew?! :mysmilie_496:

Just looked for thirty seconds (my own personal best) and found little Richard preaching about birds and his "brilliant" bird feed, this from a man who once stated to throw bread out for them, (this was before his bird feed was developed obviously) when actually bread dries out and can choke birds or it can rip their throat, doesn't know as much as he thought he did eh? So balls!.......I'll stick to the suet balls I get from the Home and Bargain, the birds in our garden love them and don't care about the cost, just that you're kind enough to feed them and help them survive. I haven't really heard him mention that equally they need lots of fresh, clean water but then again, till little Richard puts his name on it, he won't mention it.
Too right Shopperholic ...it's a load of baloney ....seed mixed with a tiny bit of wheat ....( better than bread surely) isn't going to hurt only thing it will hurt if we don't buy the "quality " seed is RJ's bank balance ...we feed the ducks and swans and geese etc every week at our local park ...they see us and come scrambling bless them ...so funny seeing them waddling quite happily up the bank :mysmilie_17: always give me a giggle :mysmilie_480:

I think yes there must be certain products that are better etc for the birdies ...but ...I think some of it is a bit extreme ...we had a good look at the pets at home mix and just small puffs of wheat which could be taken out anyway ....mostly seed in it .....people just take advantage of our fears for animals sometimes ....including vets

i love feeding the birds its so entertaining they are like a little family. i read up a lot before i started to feed them as i wanted to get it right. they love fat balls and the bird seed i buy is very good i think its called natures best and its quite expensive but tbh they flick most of it out of their beaks and its the no waste stuff.

sunflower hearts attract more robins and tits and of course the sparrows and they really seem to enjoy them more than the birds seed imo

ohh and the rubbish qvc water fountain that does not work anymore makes a lovely communal bird bath for several birds its very funny seeing them puff themselves up into a ball and flick the water everywhere

i love feeding the birds its so entertaining they are like a little family. i read up a lot before i started to feed them as i wanted to get it right. they love fat balls and the bird seed i buy is very good i think its called natures best and its quite expensive but tbh they flick most of it out of their beaks and its the no waste stuff.

sunflower hearts attract more robins and tits and of course the sparrows and they really seem to enjoy them more than the birds seed imo

We have had to stop feeding the birds because of mice. Hubby put some food out and mouse muck everywhere the next morning. Friends have had to stop as they were getting rats. Such a shame if the garden was longer it wouldn't be a problem.

i agree i live backing on to a railway line which is also the home of many critters too. i sweep up the seeds every day and hose the garden with a little dettol. the birds poop a lot too. my patio garden is tiny but i just can't stop feeding the birds. but i can't stand mess either.

i agree i live backing on to a railway line which is also the home of many critters too. i sweep up the seeds every day and hose the garden with a little dettol. the birds poop a lot too. my patio garden is tiny but i just can't stop feeding the birds. but i can't stand mess either.

I think the mice got to them before the birds. Mice make my skin crawl, can't stand them.

I've stopped feeding the birds for 2 reasons.

(1) The little blighters fill their boots from the generous meals I serve on their multi-level feeding station. Then they sit on the gutter and plop big white globules of poo onto my newly cleaned windows. Once I bought them a suet block full of berries. Only once because it produced pink globules of poo ! All over my car.

(2) they shake their beaks and a lot of the seed falls to the ground. Last summer I had tufts of weeds and wild grasses pop up all over the garden, types I'd never seen before. The professional gardener who works across the road said it was the bird seed that had germinated and grown unfettered. I pulled most out but not sure if I was in time before it set seeds for next spring's crop.

the pidgeons are the worse for poop and they like to challenge me on using my feeder. they bat their huge wings and frighten the smaller birds i hate the pidgeons

Don't know which is more seedy - Jackson or his bird food. I'm sure it's a perfectly good product but it's no doubt vastly overpriced. Birds just want seeds with a bit of energy in. I doubt they care much for artichoke hearts and oyster grit.

the pidgeons are the worse for poop and they like to challenge me on using my feeder. they bat their huge wings and frighten the smaller birds i hate the pidgeons

Aw I feel sorry for pigeons, they need to eat too. What I do is at the bottom of the garden I have a bird feeder that only lets the little birds on it to feed, and a big table for the larger birds. I wonder if little Dickie tells people that water is just as important this time of year.

Aw I feel sorry for pigeons, they need to eat too. What I do is at the bottom of the garden I have a bird feeder that only lets the little birds on it to feed, and a big table for the larger birds. I wonder if little Dickie tells people that water is just as important this time of year.

i always have some water to drink as i have a metal bird feeding stand which comes with a small dish for water. but they prefer the fountain which they bath in and drink. watching them bathe en masse is quite a show

I hate pidgeons. Horrible things they are! I was walking down Muswell Hill High Road on my way to Planet Organic yesterday when one almost flew into me.

Latest posts

Back