Reviews Black Hole.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

radio_daze

Registered Shopper
I wrote a review for a wind spinner I received from QVC last Tuesday, and that review still has not been published on their site. This is not the first time this has happened to me. Do some of the less favourable reviews vanish into some sort of Black Hole I wonder? Surely QVC would never cherry pick the good reviews over bad ones would they?

I wrote a review for a wind spinner I received from QVC last Tuesday, and that review still has not been published on their site. This is not the first time this has happened to me. Do some of the less favourable reviews vanish into some sort of Black Hole I wonder? Surely QVC would never cherry pick the good reviews over bad ones would they?

If it's not complimentary, they won't publish it unless it's so mildly critical of the product that it won't affect their sales. In fact, they love those inconsequentially critical reviews that say something like 'I love the product, just one minor niggle that it's a bit big' or something like that, because by publishing them, it looks like they're being even handed.

I wrote a review on Friday and have not heard anything either. Last month they took ages to print a review I had submitted, so I complained and eventually it appeared. They do seem to disappear into a black hole.

The non existent reviews, rejected reviews and the farce of the so called independent monitors is a well debated subject here.

I think by and large none of us bother leaving reviews anymore.

I wrote a scathing review about the GPO Attache usb record player some time ago and they published that, so I'll wait and see. If the latest review isn't published, I'll try again.

I wrote a scathing review about the GPO Attache usb record player some time ago and they published that, so I'll wait and see. If the latest review isn't published, I'll try again.

Do you have a link for your review, or an item number to help me find it. I was tempted by this at the time.

Do you have a link for your review, or an item number to help me find it. I was tempted by this at the time.

Item number is 506435.

Don't buy one, they're horrible! the record deck is as cheap as they come. The tone arm is way too heavy and would soon ruin your expensive vinyl. I also tried an ion brand one from Amazon, this also had the same garbage deck! Even one of the hinges on the lid of my GPO was crooked. Anyone would have to be really easy to please to like one of these things.
These things are no better than a child's toy!

What annoys me is that I have written long reviews, then Q change the item number or description, and the review disappears for ever.

Once this happened after just a few days of the review going live.

What annoys me is that I have written long reviews, then Q change the item number or description, and the review disappears for ever.

Well that's one sure fire way to get rid of all of the negative comments.

Exactly, if they finish up with too many negative reviews (normally on "QVC exclusive" TSV's that aren't fit for purpose) they tweak their offering slightly, thus giving them a flimsy pretext to ditch all the bad reviews and re-list it under a shiny new item number. You'd think QVC were a charity, the way a lot of the customers who do get their reviews published go on, thanking them profusely for having the decency to sell them the item. If they deliver it within the advertised period, they're even more beside themselves with gratitude. If not, that's ok too, as they know it'll be worth the wait! :mysmilie_59:

I had a critical one star review published for Vionic sandals TSV and every other review was pretty scathing too.But that was a couple of years ago.I don't bother to review any more. I'm much more choosy about what I buy. I never go back if the item was bad ,so i would never try Vionics range again , no matter what the item.

I saw a one star review last week on a Kim and Co tunic ,neant to be a new item .Someone ordered it prior to the show, so they do get published. That review criticised Kims recent designs and fabrics.

Last edited:
The other thing I don't get is how some reviews are published (both good and bad) based on someone's either excitement or lack of enthusiasm for receiving the product - see link for a 1 star review of the new BarePro foundation that hasn't even been released in this country and is on advanced orders.

http://www.qvcuk.com/bareMinerals-B...ct.218997.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-218997

I remember a couple of months ago someone complaining on Q's FB page that someone had posted a raving 5 star review about a Kipling TSV before they even received it and eventually the Q FB team confirmed that 'future' reviews of products are not allowed and the supposedly independent company they use are meant to weed them out. I mean I can understand why they'd want to break the rules for a glowing review, but for a scathing 1 star review?!?!?!?!?

Years ago, my review warning people to be careful of the InStyler because it gets dangerously hot, got rejected. I put the rejection down to putting people off buying it and losing QVC a sale, it couldn't be because I said it gets dangerously hot because it does get er, dangerously hot. my first priority was stopping someone from getting third degree burns, anyone who's used it will know what I mean, but obviously QVCs first priority is money.

I've just noticed that the critical review I put for the KR knives and block set, which actually was published, is no longer there. I think they've altered the item number or something, as I said earlier.

And also, my review for the pull chop is not there either, simply because this one has 2 bowls, so there are no reviews at all. So they're starting with a clean slate, yet again.

I was looking at the last Spanx TSV a couple of weeks ago (Spanx leggings) and was surprised to see that every single review was 1 star, all saying that they couldn't get them past their knees they were so small! When I look today the item has disappeared from the website and all the bad reviews with it.

The same item is sold on QVC US and when I watched the video the presenters were saying that you MUST size down on them as they came out small. Why weren't we told this? Just don't know how they could get this so wrong - does no-one check the sizing???

I never take any notice of reviews on either qvcuk.com and especially not idealworld.tv

Independent review sites like Trustpilot or Review Centre or any individual product review sites like Trusted Reviews are surely the way to go. QVC''s reviews are really bad but as for Ideal World's, jeez, they're even worse.

In fact miles worse, shocking :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back