Returns taking ages to show on account?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

HAVE JUST RETURNED A NECKLACE ON TUESDAY THIS WEEK AND IT SHOWED AS RETURNED BY THURSDAY AND JUST HAD THE EMAIL REFUNDING IT BACK ONTO MY ACCOUNT TODAY i MUST BE JUST LUCKY AS MY RETURNS ALL GET REFUNDED WITHIN 2/3 DAYS.

May have to ammend my thoughts on returns now, I returned a leather jacket on 15th march, it is not showing returned back, so rang cs and they said give it 21 days, this is so annoying as it should not take 3 weeks for a parcel to get to liverpool, cs said they may have received it back but not had time to process it, seems to me like they just want to hold onto your money as long as possible, unless they are getting so many returns that they are behind with processing.

It really is very hit and miss as others have said, I think they run the returns department on very few staff as it is not what they would consider a high priority.
And by keeping OUR money in their account even for a few days they are getting the interest on it.

QVC are fast becoming the SLOWEST at issuing refunds - even Ideal World is doing better!

Case in point - returned jewellery item to IW by Special Delivery and received refund 3 DAYS later on account. Returned jewellery item Special Delivery to QVC...2 weeks later, Return FINALLY shows on account. One week later, email to say that Refund has been issued...4 days later, it finally comes through - total time taken: 25 days...

Either they have serious Staff shortages or are just making a fast buck by holding onto our cash for longer and longer; I vote for the latter.

dd

I am getting increasingly annoyed with the returns as well. I had the courier come and collect the horrible Sizzix Big Shot Express from me on Friday, still waiting for it to show up 'returned' luckily I think the last return date is 7th April or around then, but when I order and the item is being delivered by courier it only takes 48 hours until the item is with me at the very most, so technically it should be the same for returns.

They really are taking the widdle, but of course when you call up to check it has been received they can't tell you and just give you the 'It can take up to 3 weeks for your refund to be processed' It's really putting me off ordering from QVC. In fact it really put me off yesterday, was tempted by a few OPI sets, but instead I had a nosey at a certain online auction site and ended up buying them there, for a lot less than QVC.

And a week later it's STILL just showing as 'shipped' :angry: I am not desperate for the money, just want to know if the damn thing has made it to them!

I returned my faulty:angry: Emu boots last Thursday and recieved an email yesterday saying refund had been done. It seems to take ages for my credits to go into my bank account but I don't know weather thats QVC or Nationwide?

i once rang about a return where i'd had the letter confirmation (before they started doing the a-mails) but i couldnt see the refund on my credit card account. CS told me it would definitely be on my next credit card statement. i couldnt get a straight answer as to why i couldnt see it on my on-line account and he just kept saying that it would definitely be on the paper statement when it came.

i reckon they hold it until the very last minute. must amount to mega-bucks in interest for them when it's all added up.

Just called them and got the usual, 'Yes it might be here in the warehouse, but not been processed yet.' So I asked about the return still being within the 30 days and got this answer 'You have to give up to 21 days for your refund.' Er, not what I asked but never mind!

Funny how it always seem to take longer for the higher value items to be refunded. Call me a cynic but...

I also think QVC have had their last order from me. QVC now leave a very sour taste in the mouth.

I returned a morganite ring and that hasn't shown up as having been received yet, which can be quite worrying. The operative did tell me, however, that it can take up to 21 days to show on your account.

I returned a morganite ring and that hasn't shown up as having been received yet, which can be quite worrying. The operative did tell me, however, that it can take up to 21 days to show on your account.

Yep and that's all they tell you. 21 days for this, 21 days for that. To be honest it's really frustrating! I wasn't chasing for the refund, just wanted to know the item had got back to them safely as it was the first courier return I have done (and will be the last!), but she couldn't even tell me if it had arrived back with them, answer was 'It might be in the warehouse and not been processed.' and when I asked if it was sitting in their warehouse and still hadn't been processed once it was past the 30 day return period what would happen then, the answer I got was 'It can take up to 21 days for a refund to be processed' not what I had asked, but by that point I had given up!

Also, funny I should phone up this morning and quelle surprise it's showing as 'returned' this afternoon! *insert rolling eye smiley here*

I've returned a handful of things since my first purchase three years ago, the latest one being a fortnight ago. I received an email telling me it had been received within 4 days of my posting it and it also showed up in my account. The money was back in my account a week later and there was a weekend in between.

Maybe I've been lucky (so far) because I've never had a problem with refunds.

It's now becoming blatently obvious that they hold on to the refunds for bigger items for as long as they can. Still no refund in my bank account. Whenever I have returned anything small the refund has been in within a matter of days. A week later and still no money back. :angry:

Noteto QVC - well done, you have just lost another customer. I will watch your channel, but you can forget me actually buying anything else from you!

Well, the saga continues, my return has been all sorted out, but Mum's used YBF box is still goodness knows where. Probably fallen into the volcano in Iceland! No doubt this will be the pitiful excuse QVC will use. Was returned by courier 10/04 after a phonecall on 09/04, was told they would replace it as the item was in stock, another would be sent out as soon as thy received the original one back. Well, it's now 20/04 and still just showing as 'shipped' on Mum's account and guess what? The damn thing has now gone out of stock! So unless one has been held back I highly doubt my Mum is going to get her YBF stuff.

It's the final nail in the coffin for me. Pig bliddy sick of them!

*ETA* Sold out and Mum's getting a refund. Thanks QVC.

Last edited:
I know it's been a while since this thread was 'active' (!) but I've just had a really good experience with a refund. I posted an item late on Tuesday and had notification of the refund via email within 24 hours! It was returned by Special Delivery and did get in the last post that day, but still, I think that's pretty quick. I guess I've been lucky as I've rarely had to wait longer than 7-10 days for a refund in the past, but this is certainly a record in the six years I've been shopping with them! :up:

Latest posts

Back