Returns? Don't hold your breath....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ordinary second class with proof of postage is fine but I do use first class recorded delivery when I am cutting it fine with the 30 day mbg

:mysmilie_59:shopperholic, good for you, more power to your elbow. I don't blame you holding back the easy pays, serves them right. The only time I ever returned anything to QVC (quite a long while ago) they also held on to my money for weeks. I spent the time putting poor reviews on their website and every shopping channel review website I could find. But the worst I've ever come across by a country mile was Rocks & Co. jewellery channel. It's a while back now, but they held on to my payment for almost 2 months, kept saying it would be "dealt with tomorrow". In the end, the only way I got it back was to bombard them with e-mails - about 40 plus a day, all identical - and writing them a warning letter (as advised by Citizens Advice) to say I was about to issue County Court proceedings. Never, ever, would I buy from them again.:mysmilie_51:

Ive always had my refund from IW in under one week, I've never waited longer than a week, QVC on the other hand is two weeks, longer because when you send the dreaded letter back that adds on another week so three in all. The last thing I've sent back they suspended my account, too many returns. They'll note on my account that I rarely order now, and the past three returns were because they were faulty and used by a previous customer, don't get me wrong, they're the dearest place to shop now so I rarely shop there anyway. I must add though that they're holding on to my last refund for some reason, so I'll be holding on to their last two easy pays.................swings and roundabouts eh. :mysmilie_14:

Ive always had my refund from IW in under one week, I've never waited longer than a week, QVC on the other hand is two weeks, longer because when you send the dreaded letter back that adds on another week so three in all. The last thing I've sent back they suspended my account, too many returns. They'll note on my account that I rarely order now, and the past three returns were because they were faulty and used by a previous customer, don't get me wrong, they're the dearest place to shop now so I rarely shop there anyway. I must add though that they're holding on to my last refund for some reason, so I'll be holding on to their last two easy pays.................swings and roundabouts eh. :mysmilie_14:

Did you manage to withhold your easy-payment?

Ordinary second class with proof of postage is fine but I do use first class recorded delivery when I am cutting it fine with the 30 day mbg

You need to CONTACT the Q, prior to the expiration of the 30 day mbg. The item does not have to reach them before the 30 days have passed.

I returned the Elemis cleansing balm recently as, after waiting for it on advanced orders, it arrived with around a third of it in the bubble wrap. I rang up and was told they'd send me a pre-paid sticker to post it back to them. I told them that wasn't convenient and they had to arrange collection. The operator said they only collected items over a certain weight. I insisted on collection and she finally agreed but told me, with a patronising tone in her voice she would make an exception on this occasion only. Given that the last time I returned something was over five years ago (also Elemis and also damaged) I told her that they would collect any damaged goods they sent to me on every occasion and hopefully they would improve their quality control. It was collected the next day and I waited about 10 days before emailing them to get the standard reply about having to wait 14 days. I responded to say that wasn't good enough when they had supplied me with a damaged product and I wanted an immediate refund, which I got along with a £5 credit on my account. I responded to say they need to review their 14 day refund policy when the refund is for faulty/damaged goods. They really do have the most dreadful customer care I've ever experienced from a distant seller.

if i return amazon goods to a local drop off as soon as it is scanned before i even leave the shop i get a text saying they have recieved my parcel and i will get a refund in the next couple of days. qvc willfully make it hard to return items. so much for being the third trusted company in uk

:mysmilie_59:shopperholic, good for you, more power to your elbow. I don't blame you holding back the easy pays, serves them right. The only time I ever returned anything to QVC (quite a long while ago) they also held on to my money for weeks. I spent the time putting poor reviews on their website and every shopping channel review website I could find. But the worst I've ever come across by a country mile was Rocks & Co. jewellery channel. It's a while back now, but they held on to my payment for almost 2 months, kept saying it would be "dealt with tomorrow". In the end, the only way I got it back was to bombard them with e-mails - about 40 plus a day, all identical - and writing them a warning letter (as advised by Citizens Advice) to say I was about to issue County Court proceedings. Never, ever, would I buy from them again.:mysmilie_51:

That's unacceptable isn't it? You buy in good faith then have to fight for your own money back, you shouldn't have to go through all that. I'm glad you got it back in the end. :up:

I agree that QVC make you wait a while for you to get your refund, but you do always get a refund and if the item is faulty you get postage refunded and all done with a free phone number.
Ideal World, on the other hand, you have to fight for your refund, you have to pay to ring them and you have to fight hard if item us faulty to get any refund let alone the postage.
I now refuse to use Ideal World any more and I find a lot of their products are cheap tat and often inferior quality to the same brands on the high street.
At least with QVC you are guaranteed your refund, even if it does take time

Latest posts

Back