Returning next January???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I have never understood their "return by 25th Jan if it is a gift" statement.

How will they know if it is a gift or not?

Could I buy the Xbox for myself today, play with it for 4 months, by which time the novelty would have worn off and I probably won't want it anymore, then send it back by 25th January?

The only drawback I can see is that I could not send it back in November (if I was already fed up with it) because it would be obvious it was not an Xmas gift, but all I would have to do is wait until January to return it.

But if you had genuinely bought it as a gift and before Christmas one of the following happened

a) found out they would hate it
b) changed your mind, unsuitable, found something even better, spent too much etc
c) fallen out with the recipient or God forbid
d) the recipient had died

Surely under those circumstances you would not have to wait until January to return it?

But I bet you could use your Xbox and send in back in November.They say that "you can return this up until the 25th Jan".So effectively you can.

I don't think QVC would ever question it.The latest return date on your slip would say 25/01/13.You are doing just that.

I did buy my nana some jewellery one year and I returned it.I didn't ring CS and say it was a gift etc...I just packaged it straight up and got a refund.

Madness but this is why so many abuse the 30 MBG.

Do they ask you who for, name and address etc so they can check up with them after Xmas that they actually received it?

And what if you want to buy it for yourself as a special gift, many people do that, does it count?

Actually thinking about it,have QVC started this policy already??

Considering its only September...I never thought they started it until mid,even late October??

Is it earlier this year??

Do they ask you who for, name and address etc so they can check up with them after Xmas that they actually received it?

And what if you want to buy it for yourself as a special gift, many people do that, does it count?

I don't think for one minute you need to even contact them.

Julia mentioned on the Lulu Guinness hour she presented this week, that any bag bought as a Christmas gift was covered by the MBG up until Jan 25th 2013. (any item not just the LG bags). But you could ring and check befeore you order. After October 25th all the invoices have a return date of Jan 25th regardless. They never ask you to prove the gift-status of an item when you return something on these extended invoices.
I didn't hear the restriction re that 3 day event from JR, but it seems a bit churlish when every item shown from now onwards will be suggested as a suitable for giving (not gifting :tongue: )
Jude xx

Last edited:
I have always wondered about this. With an Xbox or computer they could probably check the dates on the machine as it logs that kind of info, but a piece of jewellery...why not doll yourself up for your Christmas do's with a diamond ring and then send it back after Christmas.

To the extreme: Give the excuse that "my beloved thought that what I bought him/her was a bit of old tat not worth the money"...wonder if that's a good reason.

Also, what if you do not pertain to a faith/religion that does not revolve around Jesus of the Christ Family? Can they get you on that?! [I know the answer's no, I just wouldn't put it past them to start asking religious questions...!]

All shoppers whatever their main beliefs also worship at the temple of consumerism with the Coke Cola Father Christmas as it's prophet, I'm sure this qualifies us to give and receive presents in December and return them in January, using the money in the evil tempting high street sales.

"Get thee behind me Boots 75% off sale!"

Jude xx

Presenter at start of 7pm show said (and this is an exact quote) - - - -

*Anything that you buy from us until midnight tonight you have until the 25th January to send back".

No mention of Xmas or as a gift or anything, so if I record this then Q won't have a leg to stand on if I bought the tablet (for example) and used it for 4 months.

They have no way of knowing it's a gift, and some presenters even said as much last year. If your delivery note doesn't state the extended date, ring to double check. Personally I would have no qualms using something and returning it in Jan if I changed my mind. We've all been charged for the bliddy guarantee a hundred times over!!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I am tempted with the tablet as I've never had one. 4 months to try it would be great. Checked online, most of them are 8GB only and no extra 8GB card. Anyone want to talk me out of it?

Nope...probably thousands of people are abusing this MBG...as caprissori says most people have no qualms about doing it..

I ordered it at 2212 after lots of arguments about it (with myself).

The recording I made of the presenter (see above) swung it for me. It is the first time I've ordered anything that I may need to return, in £1000's of purchases. I've only returned things that were faulty or not as described, and always got return labels and PP refunds.

If this doesn't live up to the presentaions I will return soon under DSR, otherwise will try it for a few months before deciding. I won't have any conscience about this after the explicit presenter's statement I posted earlier.

Last edited:
I suppose I should have read them before ordering, but most of the reviews of the previous one are terrible. I hope this one has really been "improved" as they kept saying.

I suppose I should have read them before ordering, but most of the reviews of the previous one are terrible. I hope this one has really been "improved" as they kept saying.

Will be interesting to see what you think of it. I would have no qualms about returning it, say, in November/December if you change your mind. After all, for all they know you could have bought it as a birthday gift.

I've just received it via Hermes. It looks good but can't try it yet as I need to charge the battery for about 4 hours, and even while connected to the charger, it won't let me switch it on yet.

As I said in a post about the previous Prestigio, the "QVC added value of including a leather case" is totally misleading, as this comes as standard anyway, and the tablet is already inside this in the sealed packaging.

The added value 8GB memory card has a free download of camera photo recovery software if you accidentally delete your photos. I did just that a few weeks ago. I tried some freebie recovery software without success. Since then, I've taken more photos so have probably overwritten the deleted ones by now, but I will try it anyway when I get chance.

Will report again if and when I can get it working.

It's now letting me play.

First impressions are good, especially the screen picture and its sensitivity.

It came with a page of setup instructions eg select language, set up wifi, and download the free apps (once agagin, these are STANDARD with the tablet, not QVC added value).

You were supposed to have a wizard to guide you through this, but I didn't get one, so had to fumble around myself (as no proper instructions).

Because I never got the question "Do you want to download the free apps?" I don't know how to do this.

The web browsing is OK, the 1st site I tried was this one. As I've not used a tablet before, IS THERE THE EQUIVALENT OF FAVOURITES so I don't have to keep typing in the web address?

There are a number of books, but all in foreign languages. This was commented on in the previous reviews, and somehow they found out how to get english ones, I think they had to ring up TMTI which I won't do on principle (expensive phone line).

More later.

Latest posts

Back