Remembering

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree about M&S. I can never see anything to take my fancy these days but find the same with other high street stores,Next, BHS, New Look. I feel that QVC need to have a bit of a shake up. The expensive 'fashion' ranges and boring same old beauty products are just turning customers away. I used to have QVC on in the background first thing in the morning and last thing at night but I don't even bother to do that now.

I agree about Next. I used to buy a lot in Next but nothing now. With M&S I only like their Indigo range for me and the children. This is the style I always used to go for in Next. You can pick up similar styles in Tesco too. I never set foot in New Look these days but used to buy a lot in there. Maybe it's because I am over 10 years older and I am no longer their demographic! Other shops that have the occasional gem are M & Co and Peacocks of all places.

i liked dawn but not her designs. i loved carol smith and anna griffin bit more classier. carol smith had the glass in a bottle and i designed light catchers and whole windows in my front door with these kits.

I think with chain stores a lot depends on what the "in look" is in a particular season - 50's/70's and I'm out - so that means I purchase very very little. Then the next season it is all the type of things I like and I have a spurge.

Unfortunatley Q is in a parallel universe as I dont really know what style it is aiming at. You just never know if they hang on to some of those offerings they just might (!) be the latest in thing!

I think with chain stores a lot depends on what the "in look" is in a particular season - 50's/70's and I'm out - so that means I purchase very very little. Then the next season it is all the type of things I like and I have a spurge.

Unfortunatley Q is in a parallel universe as I dont really know what style it is aiming at. You just never know if they hang on to some of those offerings they just might (!) be the latest in thing!

I don't think QVC know themselves, everything they show on air at the time is "big this season" so up to now, big this season is black, white and everything in between, tight/loose, stripes (both horizontal and vertical. pattern and block colours colours.............everything basically.

I've just bought a lovely floaty white summer top with cami and a stripey boat-neck top from Sainsburys - for £16 the lot on their sale rack. QVC's price? They wouldn't sell anything I remotely wanted anyway, so their £80 or more for 2 tops is immaterial.

I don't think QVC know themselves, everything they show on air at the time is "big this season" so up to now, big this season is black, white and everything in between, tight/loose, stripes (both horizontal and vertical. pattern and block colours colours.............everything basically.

Don't forget the shark bite hems ,Q's idea of fashion.

Don't forget the shark bite hems ,Q's idea of fashion.

Oh yeah, the hanky/shark bite hem that's always in fashion/bang on trend/big this season..........it's so exclusive it's never even seen on the catwalk (the real ones that is Milan, New York, Paris) not QVCs 18ft of plywood one :giggle:

There's nowhere else for hems to go now. The mini, maxi, midi, handkerchief, up front down back, sharkbite. Can we just hope that next season hems will be all one level ??????

I don't care what kind of hem it is as long as it reaches about 6 inches below the hip. I can't stand tops that finish just below the waist, or right on the hip.

Strangely they suit me the best, on the hip, as I find anything that covers belly and bum makes me look even bigger, whereas on the hip I look pounds slimmer, so even T shirts I have to shorten (and I'm 5'7). But we're all different.

Latest posts

Back