Remember when viewers used to ask for signed photos of the Presenters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was just thinking about the signed photos the other day! You barely hear a T caller these days though, it used to be a couple every hour, I remember years ago a husband and wife used to ring in all the time, I rem Whatters even invited them for a tour of QVC which I believe they accepted.. I loved Whatters, really missed him when he left Q & I only ever watched IW when he was on.

I'd love a signed glossy of Julia in a nice frame.

Oh gawd, not you as well? Isn't one JR worshipper enough? :mysmilie_467:

Anyway, you can't afford a 'nice frame'.....you :drunk: spent all your money on stupid overpriced hand cream, remember.........? Did you actually get round to cancelling that, I bet you didn't! :grin:

I'd love a signed glossy of Julia in a nice frame.

Anyway, you can't afford a 'nice frame'.....you :drunk: spent all your money on stupid overpriced hand cream, remember.........? Did you actually get round to cancelling that, I bet you didn't! :grin:

I noticed that Lola Rose's hand cream is only about £9 for 100 mls! I was thinking about you, fulhamphil.

No, of course not! Just waiting for it to arrive now. Well you never know - it might work!

I noticed that Lola Rose's hand cream is only about £9 for 100 mls! I was thinking about you, fulhamphil.

You're not comparing like with like. Andrew said you shouldn't confuse it with a hand cream - it's a hand serum, so you need to put a hand cream over the top (I think).

I tried to have a whiff of the Lola Rose the other day in Peter Jones, but I couldn't see any testers.

No, of course not! Just waiting for it to arrive now. Well you never know - it might work!

Y'know, it just might & should it turn out that you have stumbled upon (no pun intended! lol) the HG of hand creams, make sure you come back & tell us! LOL

It could be a smart move anyhow; it's unlikely but just imagine, you may one day be lucky enough to actually meet JR in person *gasp* & although one is not supposed to actually touch royalty, she may (only, may, don't get excited now!), bestow upon you the honour of being allowed to make some small physical contact with her royal personage - to perhaps shake her ungloved hand, or briefly touch her forearm as you amaze & delight her with a small spontaneous joke.....(that you have been practising in front of the mirror for the last 6 months!)....& obviously, you would want your hands to be in absolutely silky smooth, tip-top condition should such a scenario ever arise.....? :nod: :up:

I'd just grab her and give her a big bear cuddle. I'm sure she'd love it :giggle:

Uncouth peasant - they'd probably ship you off to the QVC equivalent of the White Tower for that! LOL

Or.....she may like it & you could become a 'favourite', I can see you as Queenie Julia's Melchett........JR rearranges her (size small!) gown, claps her hands with excitement & ponders........'Now who shall we execute today?'........hhmm, I think we all know whose name you'd be slyly whispering in her ear, eh Burlz.......mentioning no names but the outcome would be somewhat less than 'hilarious' for somebody......! :giggle:

Also to the tune of Jingle Bells...
QVC QVC
What a bunch of crooks.
Charging too much postage and employing Charlie Brooks. OH!
QVC QVC
Hours and hours of tat
Dont let Dennis Basso go near our Debbie's cat - OH
QVC QVC
One day we'll be gone
Take us all for granted and we're off to Amazon.

Also to the tune of Jingle Bells...
QVC QVC
What a bunch of crooks.
Charging too much postage and employing Charlie Brooks. OH!
QVC QVC
Hours and hours of tat
Dont let Dennis Basso go near our Debbie's cat - OH
QVC QVC
One day we'll be gone
Take us all for granted and we're off to Amazon.

Absolutely brilliant.

Wow LO! More please. :movie::song:

BB, really, she's a celeb, you should be in awe in her presence, mute and paralysed. I'm sure she would expect nothing less.

wouldnt mind a couple of pics of JF one for the mantle to keep the gran kids away from the fire and another for darts " fringe practice"

I think qvc want to put cutomers off sending cards and pressies and asking for photos, they seem wholly uncomfortable and ungrateful. They want the viewers to spend, spend spend, but not give anything back. The fact is some of the qvc viewers are very lonely and watch qvc for entertaiment and for a sense of family and commnity, they like to think of the presenters as friends, I think the least qvc should do is offer these viewers signed photos if they want them, send them little cards in return etc. I think qvc should encourage presenters to be kind to those viwers who may use qvc for other reasons than shopping. I think many people spend a lot and for those people who want signed photos of the 'cast' they should offer them, maybe they do now, but I just get the feeling qvc have given the message that only those viewers who only use qvc for continous shopping are the type of viewers they like and want, they seem to be rather embarassed frankly when viewers come through on calls if they get friendly with presenters, the presenters only want t callers to talk about products and their spending, not to have a friendly chat. They seem harsh and cold and presenters have changed their attitude, nowadays its all hard sell, not like steve whatley chatting and being nice to lonely viewers, he knew about this audience share and seemed to go out his way to be kind, things have certainly changed.

I was just thinking about the signed photos the other day! You barely hear a T caller these days though, it used to be a couple every hour, I remember years ago a husband and wife used to ring in all the time, I rem Whatters even invited them for a tour of QVC which I believe they accepted.. I loved Whatters, really missed him when he left Q & I only ever watched IW when he was on.

I remember them, it was an Ian and I think the woman was Miranda? They also used to have a woman from Burford on who seemed to buy a million dolls. Name began with a J.

Also remember the IW photos being flogged lol!

Latest posts

Back