Red Manicure TSV Order - You may not get what you expected!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silly me, Breeze :), perhaps QVC could do a Common Sense TSV on auto-delivery! Companies all can make mistakes but it is how they deal with those mistakes that sets the good from the bad. So far, this has been a text book case in how NOT to handle things!

Thanks Breeze I just assumed we'd all clicked on the little colour square without checking the wording next to it, I'm sure I've done that in the past, just wizz through the order. I did double check that I ticked for easy-pay. So those buyers who spoke to an operator on 504030 and asked for "French" par example will still get the other set? I thought this might be why they wouldn't hold up the despatch because some sets were going out exactly as ordered.

Be interesting to see whether QVC will take steps to contact buyers before their sets arrive or just wait for them to call CS!

Jude xx

Jude, they should still be able to sort this out, as order method would have been recorded in their database. This should be 100% sortable before it gets to the customer. BTW, I do know what I'm talking about, I set up home shopping businesses for a living!

I first noticed the error on the website about 7.30 last evening. I phoned my order through and am worried now because it is on advanced orders. I don't want to have returned stock from all the hundreds they'll have sent back.

I was wondering that too, Jabba, if anyone HAD actually been contacted.
They seem to have said they are " looking into it" on their facebook page & that seems to be the sum of their comments. The silence is deafening.

Thanks Dips I could tell you knew what you were talking about, shame you don't work as a consultant for Q!! I'm sure they have their systems in place but clearly they aren't foolproof!

Man up QVC you know what your should do!

Speaking as an ebayer, if I'd sent out the wrong item I'd email the buyer before they receive their item and explain I was forwarding the correct one. There's nothing worse than a buyer emailing or opening a case for a wrong item!

Jude xx

Just called cs she said that I highlighted the wrong colour!?!?!? I think I should know what colour I highlighted and I definitely highlighted the french. She said that she will send out a prepaid label so that I could return the bold and my original french order will be sent out sometime in April! They've truly made a mess of this tsv!

Then judging from all the posts on here there must be an awful lot of people highlighting the wrong colour and that's about as likely as me becoming Queen by this evening.

I'm fortunate in that I didn't order this TSV, but I really feel for those of you who are now unwittingly involved in this compete fiasco. Considering it takes between 3 and 5 working days (allegedly) for the goods to arrive, I am sure that they could have intercepted the orders before they were sent to the 'dispatch' department.

Yes ............ it's human error (either because of a technical or labelling glitch) but humans are quite capable of rectifying mistakes they've made. Resolution to this current problem would be quite easy if QVC stopped denying knowledge that's there's a problem or they stopped passing the buck and blaming others.

I really hope that everyone soon receives their correct order and, at the very least, you don't have to pay to return the unwanted sets and that you get the correct order with free P&P.

Bliddy hell wish I had seen this thread last night.
I definately clicked the Bright colour and it said I had ordered Bold & Beautiful
but since it has been shipped today there is no point in phoning them until I find out
which one I actually get.
Surely they could have just taken off all the invoices off the boxes
and checked what everyone had ordered and then sent them the correct one.
It will be a costly mistake if everyone has to send them back
surely it would be easier as suggested to send a pack of the 3 colours that
you wanted and let you keep the "wrong tsv" too
lets just hope if they have to replace all the TSV's we dont get ones that have been tried by other people and sent back

I also wish they would show on your account which choice you had ordered and confirm this in your confimation
email, if they did that then maybe this problem could have been spotted straight away

I rang CS at around 2pm and the lady said she'd not heard anything about this!! Asked her to check, which she did and then came back and said a memo was being set out!! She told me I'd ordered the french which I hadn't and I definitely did not want the French I wanted to bold collection, so she would put a note on my account as I'm on waitlist!

Agree whole-heartedly about showing the option ordered on your account details on the website. I had to find the email acknowledging the order which still only showed the 3 letter suffix not the option in words. Plus I ordered the Bold option on Advanced Orders thinking I'd get the French but ofcourse they'll have amended their mistake buy then and will probably send the Bold (though at least I can cancel that order if QVC pull its finger out and sends us all the right trio of colours as a gesture or humble apology. QVC? Humble? Maybe that's going too far!

Jude xx

I kind of feel sorry for Debbie's sister that this whole debacle will have tarnished an otherwise sterling day's work presenting the TSV.

Jude xx

As a one off.........I even feel sorry for Debbie. She has a more personal connection than just being a sales person, in a good way she really hustled for this and it is a good product let down by a bad attitude from QVC. I just know RCM are going to take a hit somehow.

Last edited:
Loads of comments about this issue on QVC FB page and I certainly have not seen QVC make any replies!!!

I can't believe Steelerannie was told by a CS Rep that she did know about it!That's really poor - should have been briefed by a supervisor plus surely it must be the hot gossip today in QVCland.

I've just read this whole thread. Ouch!! I don't do nail products but hell, that is a balls up of the first order. Now if I were top nob in QVC (which I'm not and not connected in any way) I would put out a public statement, to all that ordered, to keep the wrong one and the right one will be sent. That's a year's excess P&P profit used up but they have to take the hit and everyone would, I suspect, be more than happy. I wouldn't blame CS. They are the people on the sharp end and they might not be fully informed. They are always great whenever I have phoned about anything

Without detracting from believing this to have been handled appallingly, it may not be straight-forward to send out additional colours. I don't know what the total stock sold of the TSV was, but RCMuk may not have enough stock to send out the right colours to each person.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back