Red carpet manicure TSV 19/2/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did you buy new base and top coats too, or did you just buy gel varnish, can you let me know brand please as would love to branch out - thanks
I am still using the original top and bottom coats! The only thing I have had to replace so far is the acetone and I bought some from my local chemist. As to gel varnishes you can use Jessica, sensationail (sold in selected Boots), Blue sky (from Amazon)

It is a FAFF to take it off. I usually do the removing of the old gel one night and apply the new gel the next evening. This gives my nails a rest.
To remove I follow the instruction to break the gel seal on the nail and then I cut a piece of round cotton wool into four. I apply acetone to the quarter cotton wool and then cover with strips of oven foil to each finger and thumb on one hand. Wait 15 mins and then push off the gel. I reuse the same cotton wool and foil for the other hand just ad find a bit more acetone if necessary

It is a FAFF to take it off. I usually do the removing of the old gel one night and apply the new gel the next evening. This gives my nails a rest.
To remove I follow the instruction to break the gel seal on the nail and then I cut a piece of round cotton wool into four. I apply acetone to the quarter cotton wool and then cover with strips of oven foil to each finger and thumb on one hand. Wait 15 mins and then push off the gel. I reuse the same cotton wool and foil for the other hand just ad find a bit more acetone if necessary

I do this too but apply all the cotton wool and foil on all fingers at once. I use disposable vinyl gloves to hold everything in place (buzzybee available in Asda), that way I can get on with doing other things while I wait.
Jen
http://jennailsit.wordpress.com/

As i said earlier I just sit with mine soaking in a bowl of acetone nail varnish remover for around 10-15 mins then most of the gel just falls off or you can push off any small amounts which havent. You can use any bowl that will hold the acetone.

I cut cotton pads into quarters ,soak them in the acetone , place thesewet pads unt my nailand then wrap tinfoil over my fingers, leave it for 10-15 minutes and it peels away

I am still using the original top and bottom coats! The only thing I have had to replace so far is the acetone and I bought some from my local chemist. As to gel varnishes you can use Jessica, sensationail (sold in selected Boots), Blue sky (from Amazon)

Did you get good results with Bluesky, colours look great

you don't need the 'special CND' lamp - but I don't thinkit'll work with the RCM lamp - I bought a cheap Uv lamp (inc 4 x 9w bulbs)from ebay for £15 and that wors with shellac .

CND shellac was my nail product of choice, but now converted to RCM because it's much much faster.

you don't need the 'special CND' lamp - but I don't thinkit'll work with the RCM lamp - I bought a cheap Uv lamp (inc 4 x 9w bulbs)from ebay for £15 and that wors with shellac .

CND shellac was my nail product of choice, but now converted to RCM because it's much much faster.

CND are naughty then as they say you need their light to cure... I have a UV lamp that I got when I used to do my own extension nails..:giggle:

Just to let everyone know this set can be ordered now item number 400344 it's £75 plus £5.95 p and p bargain price for everything separately on red carpet website it's about £130 if anyone didn't want to wait till next Tuesday xx

Latest posts

Back