Red Carpet Manicure - farce continues

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tape the tips with micropore tape or pull the finger tip down and use the brush from behind the nail edge (best way any time) or just let them grow for a few weeks :giggle:

I dot it on each finger from one brush load and then go over it so it goes on very thin.

The ones I have on the moment have been on a week and still PERFECt.

I think my colours have come as I have a recorded delivery card, so will pick up tommorrow. I rang Tuesday, RCM so helpfull. I have also got £10 credit on my QVC account too

Think mine have come today as I also have a card, how did you manage to get a £10 credit as well?
I think I should phone QVC and tell them I havent received mine yet
and if I hadnt contacted RCM directly they probably still wouldnt be on their way

I rang them and said how they had messed me around and that I was still contemplating sending it all back after what they told me Monday, and they offered me £10 credit as a goodwill gesture. After all I had to contact RCzm direct with a good result

I didnt order but been reading about it on here and there FB page and i cant believe how badly QVC have handled this massive balls up. If RCM have any sense they will never do business with QVC again.

I rang them and said how they had messed me around and that I was still contemplating sending it all back after what they told me Monday, and they offered me £10 credit as a goodwill gesture. After all I had to contact RCzm direct with a good result

I've got a £20 credit. I had already been in correspondence with the CEO office regarding this fiasco, and asked them directly what they were gong to do given how much I'd been messed about! Going to treat my Mum to some Philip Kingsley with my credit.

Thanks again!!

And they ARE growing!!

I have SOME free edges :grin: just not enough, and when I try to do the free edge, I glue the nail to my finger :devil:

I am thrilled with the results of RCM so far, so pleased I went for it.

Trouble is.........I am struggling to leave it on for a week, never mind 2 because i just want to keep changing the look!

:blush:
Tape the tips with micropore tape or pull the finger tip down and use the brush from behind the nail edge (best way any time) or just let them grow for a few weeks :giggle:

I've got a £20 credit. I had already been in correspondence with the CEO office regarding this fiasco, and asked them directly what they were gong to do given how much I'd been messed about! Going to treat my Mum to some Philip Kingsley with my credit.

I got a £20 credit too.

How do you do a french tip, tried before and i am hopeless.

I'm no nail technician, but i do my own french tips (& don't use those nail guides), and all I can say is it gets better with practice, and I don't care/worry about getting the polish all over my finger tips (because that can easily rub off) so that means all you worry about is where the tip starts and not where it stops - one less thing to stress about !!

Hope this helps - but it' all comes with practice.

the good thing about RCM french tips is that the varnish doesn't dry so you can play about until you're really happy with the tip before you 'cook' it , and build up thin coats - otherwise thick coats can peel off

Not an expert, but this works for me. I use the plastic thingmy that holds the brush to seal the edges. Wipe off the brush and tap the plastic on the nail's edge, holding it upright, working my way around. For FrenchManicure, again after wiping the brush, this time, I lay the PlasticBrushHolderThingmy down across the tipline, lift, then with the brush, pull the polish out to the tips, SmoothingOut the 'blob'. I got the technique when I thought I need a StraightEdge and used what was AtHand. No clean-up of tools TheSnarlyWay. Can use it for ChevronPointyTips, too. hth :wink: x SnarlyOnlyDoesSimple

Cheers for all your advice ladies! I did thin & I mean THIN coats of RCM last nite. Literally worked a small blob of base coat from the centre out to the edges & the thinnest other coats I could do. I did a french manicure, no colour except the white tip, looks fab and feels a lot better that my earlier attempts.

When experienced users say THIN COATS they mean as thin as you can realistically get it whilst achieving all over nail coverage.

Just one more question, I'm presuming "free edge" is just the edge of the nail? Not the complete underneath of the nail? Just after reading Vamps tip about using micropore I'm not so sure now :thinking:

Last edited:
****** hell what a farce, some getting credit of differing amounts, some not getting it at all.
As Jim royle would say "award winning customer service my a**e"

Hope you all get it sorted soon.

Oooo.....that sounds good!!

Dont think I can manage it, but I shall try!!

Thank you :grin:

Not an expert, but this works for me. I use the plastic thingmy that holds the brush to seal the edges. Wipe off the brush and tap the plastic on the nail's edge, holding it upright, working my way around. For FrenchManicure, again after wiping the brush, this time, I lay the PlasticBrushHolderThingmy down across the tipline, lift, then with the brush, pull the polish out to the tips, SmoothingOut the 'blob'. I got the technique when I thought I need a StraightEdge and used what was AtHand. No clean-up of tools TheSnarlyWay. Can use it for ChevronPointyTips, too. hth :wink: x SnarlyOnlyDoesSimple

Cheers for all your advice ladies! I did thin & I mean THIN coats of RCM last nite. Literally worked a small blob of base coat from the centre out to the edges & the thinnest other coats I could do. I did a french manicure, no colour except the white tip, looks fab and feels a lot better that my earlier attempts.

When experienced users say THIN COATS they mean as thin as you can realistically get it whilst achieving all over nail coverage.

Just one more question, I'm presuming "free edge" is just the edge of the nail? Not the complete underneath of the nail? Just after reading Vamps tip about using micropore I'm not so sure now :thinking:

Don't let it go under your nail Nikki, but do make sure the whole free edge is capped, meaning just the skinny edge.The purpose of the tape is to keep the gel off the skin. As the gel cures it shrinks very slightly and if the edge isn't sealed then this will lead to lifting. This is the same with ordinary polish as well.

I got my FM colours today, hooray!

****** hell what a farce, some getting credit of differing amounts, some not getting it at all.
As Jim royle would say "award winning customer service my a**e"

Hope you all get it sorted soon.

I spoke to CEO at QVC about people getting credit [as I was told by phone, email and letter to return for correct colours] and was told you were either supposed to get credit OR the replacement colours not both!!?? as If you got credit from QVC you were not to ask for the replacement colours as the credit was in place of getting the colours??!!:headbang:

Many thanks Vamp, that's what I thought but just wanted to double check. Mine's gone really well on the latest attempt, very pleased. I thought I was doing thin before but this time I really stretched the product out so it was full coverage but as thin as possible. Looks & feels a lot better!

I spoke to CEO at QVC about people getting credit [as I was told by phone, email and letter to return for correct colours] and was told you were either supposed to get credit OR the replacement colours not both!!?? as If you got credit from QVC you were not to ask for the replacement colours as the credit was in place of getting the colours??!!:headbang:

I feel your frustration, the whole situation is ridiculous. Surely it can't be that difficult for them to make a decision and stick to it!!

I'm just removing my first attempt at the mo - I did it last Saturday so been on 6 days - I lost one nail as it peeled off, but as I said before I think that was down to it being my first ever go. I've got a couple more chips but I did de-clutter my loft yesterday, including trips to the tip etc, so it had a bit of a bashing!
I have, though, cut all the little foam pad things AND the foil pieces in half, and they're still plenty big enough, so they'll last me twice as long, I'm also doing one hand at a time, and I use the same 5 pieces of foil and pads for both hands.

I ordered the Bright and Bold, but received the French. Still not heard anything on Wednesday so sent an email direct to RCM. I got a very, very quick reply from Jacqui Wood. I'm please to announce that 36 hours later I have my Bright and Bold.

I can't thank Jacqui enough for the excellent service and how promptly this has now been sorted.

If you still haven't heard send RCM an email direct.

I'm just removing my first attempt at the mo - I did it last Saturday so been on 6 days - I lost one nail as it peeled off, but as I said before I think that was down to it being my first ever go. I've got a couple more chips but I did de-clutter my loft yesterday, including trips to the tip etc, so it had a bit of a bashing!
I have, though, cut all the little foam pad things AND the foil pieces in half, and they're still plenty big enough, so they'll last me twice as long, I'm also doing one hand at a time, and I use the same 5 pieces of foil and pads for both hands.

i think I mist be tight but I've been reusing the same foam pads for months ....!
I've got 5 velcro strips and have attached a foam pad to each, and just soak them in acetone and use the velcro to hold the foam pad tightly on each nail, leave for 10-15 mins and the whole varnish comes off.

Latest posts

Back