RCM One Step Gel system

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Cons: difficult to apply your own to a professional standard, as you would get in a nail salon, and soaking off in acetone is the death knell to nails and cuticles. It can be difficult to remove, unless you use the nail base stickers we've been discussing, but apparently these can come off too quickly for some people.

!

the standard of application (like with anything) comes with practice.
soaking in acetone has never hurt my nails - I know some people have major problems, but I've never had an issue (never used or needed to use any nail oils etc )
removal is simple if you use the bandage style nail wraps - leave on for 15 mins and the whole layer of gel varnish lifts off with no effort).
personally I wouldn't use the stickers - they sound like they wouldn't last 5 minutes on me.

I wont go back to std nail varnish - as I cant get it to last more than a couple of hours without it chipping (my friends have enjoyed me off loading hundreds of bottles of polish). I know you can use it under the original RCM topcoat, but again that takes too long to dry , and I have no patience :)

I'm a complete gel nail convert .

Don't get me wrong, so am I, but I do find the acetone damaging, so I stand by my previous comments, and if I can get these nail base stickers to work for me, that will be my problem solved.
As things stand at present, for me, gel manicures are for special occasions only, and it's bare nails the rest of the time.

the standard of application (like with anything) comes with practice.
soaking in acetone has never hurt my nails - I know some people have major problems, but I've never had an issue (never used or needed to use any nail oils etc )
removal is simple if you use the bandage style nail wraps - leave on for 15 mins and the whole layer of gel varnish lifts off with no effort).
personally I wouldn't use the stickers - they sound like they wouldn't last 5 minutes on me.

I wont go back to std nail varnish - as I cant get it to last more than a couple of hours without it chipping (my friends have enjoyed me off loading hundreds of bottles of polish). I know you can use it under the original RCM topcoat, but again that takes too long to dry , and I have no patience :)

Can you use regular nail polish under the RCM coat ,like Leighton Denny's I read somewhere .

Don't get me wrong, so am I, but I do find the acetone damaging, so I stand by my previous comments, and if I can get these nail base stickers to work for me, that will be my problem solved.
As things stand at present, for me, gel manicures are for special occasions only, and it's bare nails the rest of the time.

I wear it all the time - remove one colour and immediately apply the next

The Cons: difficult to apply your own to a professional standard, as you would get in a nail salon, and soaking off in acetone is the death knell to nails and cuticles. It can be difficult to remove, unless you use the nail base stickers we've been discussing, but apparently these can come off too quickly for some people.

DF's sister being the guest is another Con of this range imo... one is too much

I finally got some nail shields today, so spent a couple of hours doing my manicure this afternoon. Lots of cursing and muttering. They are quite hard to get on without any wrinkles or bubbles, especially when working with the non dominant hand.
There are 88 nail shields in a pack, which sounds like loads, but I wasted several by repeatedly choosing ones of the wrong size, and getting them screwed up and stuck to themselves! There are too many small ones for me, and not enough of the medium size. I think a pack of 88 will probably do me 3 or possibly 4 manicures, which makes them a bit expensive.
Anyway, eventually I got them on, with a few wrinkles here and there, but the gel does cover those up reasonably well. I've got a lovely glittery teal colour on ('Trendsetter') and they look nice, now we'll see how long they stay on.

I finally got some nail shields today, so spent a couple of hours doing my manicure this afternoon. Lots of cursing and muttering. They are quite hard to get on without any wrinkles or bubbles, especially when working with the non dominant hand.
There are 88 nail shields in a pack, which sounds like loads, but I wasted several by repeatedly choosing ones of the wrong size, and getting them screwed up and stuck to themselves! There are too many small ones for me, and not enough of the medium size. I think a pack of 88 will probably do me 3 or possibly 4 manicures, which makes them a bit expensive.
Anyway, eventually I got them on, with a few wrinkles here and there, but the gel does cover those up reasonably well. I've got a lovely glittery teal colour on ('Trendsetter') and they look nice, now we'll see how long they stay on.

i am not using them anymore. when they fall off i will do the old full gel manicure as they fall off which they will

Not arrived yet- if it doesn't come in the post tomorrow I will be e-mailing to see where it has got to.RCM are usually next day delivery but they may be busy with the launch.

So put on the Natural Beauty this afternoon. Much easier application and less faffing. It is already better for me than normal polish as I would have dents by now. I am hoping for 5 days wear with this version. Watched the website video which basically is push down cuticles, roughen surface, wipe over with polish remover, apply polish and cure, apply polish and cure.

And it's day 5 for my RCM gel on top of Sensationail nail shields, and all still intact so far. I've been careful when getting my hands wet; quick in the shower and with hairwashing, and rubber gloves for housework. I think regrowth will force a replacement somewhere around day 8 - 10, assuming they stay on that long. I don't like to leave them a fortnight as the regrowth is half way up the nail very obvious by then.
FP, I will wait with bated breath for your update on the One Step.

Latest posts

Back