Random rubbishy records

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Now I'm not talking about the likes of the birdy song or Agadoo 'cause let's face it they're so bad they're good. I'm thinking about middle of the road rubbish songs that have graced our charts over the years and literally haven't had any airplay since, and for good reason, but then all of a sudden they pop into your head as an earworm that you can't get rid of. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you "One man woman" by Sheena Easton and "I won't run away" by Alvin Stardust. So come on folks can you think of a pretty dire song that nobody hears anymore, I need a new earworm!

Now I'm not talking about the likes of the birdy song or Agadoo 'cause let's face it they're so bad they're good. I'm thinking about middle of the road rubbish songs that have graced our charts over the years and literally haven't had any airplay since, and for good reason, but then all of a sudden they pop into your head as an earworm that you can't get rid of. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you "One man woman" by Sheena Easton and "I won't run away" by Alvin Stardust. So come on folks can you think of a pretty dire song that nobody hears anymore, I need a new earworm!
Bugger and pox. I liked the birdy song: actually have / had it on a 45. But Agadoo. That's a pain twice over and I can't say it's 'good', thanks all the same. But, and I can't recall anything in particular, the amount of times I've woken up at 'stupid o'clock' and had a song 'appear' and I can't get it out of my head, so consequently, I can't sleep for ages ;) Earworms are bad :p

I put this question to Mr MA, and he immediately replied with a rant “that bl**dy pencil case song, love you from the bottom off my pencil case, what the heck is that about and now it’s gonna be going around in my head all night.” He was referring to “Song for Whoever” by Beautiful South.
Not sure it fits the criteria of a rubbish song myself.
I’ll throw in one from the seventies for your consideration. “Oh Lori” by Alessi.

Latest posts

Back