Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did anyone see him trying to clean the pan with just a cloth after he made a Stir Fry?, it clearly wasn't working. Rubbing it furiously he said you might have to put in 'some extra elbow grease' but then rather deftly turned the pan away so we couldn't see it. Eventually he just shoved it under the counter, without showing the finished result.

Another shyster. And a shyster with plasters on both hands, so much for sharp knives being safer.

All these personal anecdotes are to make the viewers feel the presenters are their friends, sharing 'family' stories, allowing us into their lives.......for some people this probably makes them buy more from a favourite presenter because they believe they are a friend to them and perhaps the feeling that if they don't buy they could lose their 'friendship' especially when their names scrolled across the screen and the presenters would say hello to them and acknowledge that they were regular buyers, say it's lovely to see them again, make them feel special. The worst kind of sleazy salesmanship. You can almost imagine them being TOLD to do it.....

I have seen these 'selling' techniques on Watchdog when dodgy salesmen push their way into elderly/disabled peoples homes to sell mobility aids at exorbitant prices.

Shop at Bid would recognize the techniques Virgo Healthcare used! Nasty shysters!

Could have swarm the two pics of Sherlock before and after he was wearing different shirts hmm

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

I've had dealings with those salesmen who won't leave your house my dad who as a result of brain surgery has moments where he can't remember things and he had one of these people in his house for 6hrs! Only got rid of him cos i popped in unannounced and promptly told him where to go frankly these chls do the same thing and should be shut down

I have seen these 'selling' techniques on Watchdog when dodgy salesmen push their way into elderly/disabled peoples homes to sell mobility aids at exorbitant prices.

Shop at Bid would recognize the techniques Virgo Healthcare used! Nasty shysters!

To be fair, the BBC have got a cheek exposing people who harass old people in their homes when you consider how their TV licence salesmen operate.

Did anyone see him trying to clean the pan with just a cloth after he made a Stir Fry?, it clearly wasn't working. Rubbing it furiously he said you might have to put in 'some extra elbow grease' but then rather deftly turned the pan away so we couldn't see it. Eventually he just shoved it under the counter, without showing the finished result.

Another shyster. And a shyster with plasters on both hands, so much for sharp knives being safer.

I noticed he had a plaster on one finger earlier, so has he now cut himself again?
As someone who teaches food safety I noticed he was wearing an ordinary plaster, in the food industry the plasters must be brightly coloured and are usually blue so that they're visible if they get in the food so, technically that 'chef' is contravening food safety regulations.

I noticed he had a plaster on one finger earlier, so has he now cut himself again?
As someone who teaches food safety I noticed he was wearing an ordinary plaster, in the food industry the plasters must be brightly coloured and are usually blue so that they're visible if they get in the food so, technically that 'chef' is contravening food safety regulations.

Yesterday they had a chef on showing the manual food dicer !! Pull a string - did it need a chef? Really....Really

The second plaster was rather less obvious than the highly unhygienic one on his finger, it was on one of the knuckles of his other hand.

As for using a blue plasters? I rather suspect that would just add to the contradictory tone of his presentation because, don't forget, sharp knives are safer than blunt knives. I thought he was one of the least talented guests in a long time and that's saying something, he had the charm of busy public toilet that hasn't been flushed.

I'd no more buy knives on the back of his demo than i'd buy anything whatsoever from Shyster Schlocko.

If he's a chef I'm the ambassador from the Ferrero Rocher adverts.

I can vouch for that, I was Paul's trainer!!
On a serious note, on such days as this, Sunday mornings in particular, I do so much miss The one and only Lord Guy Kean. All the very best - never to be forgotten, always in our thoughts.

Just come in and switched on, the scrolling names are back! We should have a competition for the first person to spot Lee from Ventnor, I probably won't win this competition, I don't watch much these days. For example, I've just got in and Caroline is on now selling a Rosa Benini handbag, which is a "quality bag which you will have for years". I think I will find something else to watch!

PS Dave - I miss the Lord Guy as well, he was one of a kind

Well, Peter Sherlock insisted the names come back! He's obviously a huge influence at Bid! when Peter wants something to happen, it happens!

I've seen the new "chef" twice now. What happened to tall Jack?!

Pola I believe he's back on Peckham Market shilling cheap frying pans.

ChefRodney.jpg

Well, Peter Sherlock insisted the names come back! He's obviously a huge influence at Bid! when Peter wants something to happen, it happens!

DW, I believe Schlock IS a huge influence in that den of iniquity.

He's one of the best around, he knows how to shyster with a smile and a friendly word and that's a fact.

A priceless asset to them. I can't wait to hear his crap when he shills Jean-Pierre Sand, if he claims it's fantastic then he's no more a fragrance expert than Shane MacGowan.

FragranceExpert.jpgSchlocko.jpg

Dirty Peter says this piece is French inspired, almost 'Piaf' like. And now he's saying how men will react when they see a lady wearing it.

Exactly how would he know?

image.jpg

Because Peter has been dealing in fashion for nigh on twenty years! I take all my advice from Peter and Salleh. People often stop me and ask 'where did you get THAT????'

Latest posts

Back