Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All these personal anecdotes are to make the viewers feel the presenters are their friends, sharing 'family' stories, allowing us into their lives.......for some people this probably makes them buy more from a favourite presenter because they believe they are a friend to them and perhaps the feeling that if they don't buy they could lose their 'friendship' especially when their names scrolled across the screen and the presenters would say hello to them and acknowledge that they were regular buyers, say it's lovely to see them again, make them feel special. The worst kind of sleazy salesmanship. You can almost imagine them being TOLD to do it.....

I once said it's worse than cold calling.... as these cold calling door to door salespeople have already infiltrated your house.

except it's through your tv.

I can vouch for that, I was Paul's trainer!!
On a serious note, on such days as this, Sunday mornings in particular, I do so much miss The one and only Lord Guy Kean. All the very best - never to be forgotten, always in our thoughts.

well I stand corrected! :grin:

I too miss Guy, he didn't give a toss about selling and was just too good at his role of probably being the most sincere of the lot! :mysmilie_59:

Well, Peter Sherlock insisted the names come back! He's obviously a huge influence at Bid! when Peter wants something to happen, it happens!

Well that's very interesting DW because if you look at his FB page, where many of his 'followers' have complained about the recent changes, his responses have been along the lines of 'I can't do anything about it, I'll pass your comments on but you'll have to complain to the management'
That doesn't sound like an employee who can 'insist' that things happen.
But Schlock wouldn't tell a fib would he?!

When i saw him other morning he was ranting saying the names were coming back and very much gave impression he could get what he wants shyster shylock

He only gets those sales cos he's brainwashed his disciples you watch when names come backit's always the same people

He only gets those sales cos he's brainwashed his disciples you watch when names come backit's always the same people

yes, i'm not saying it is 'right'

just saying he should be able to get the names across the screen if it's going to continue the ''manipulation for cash''

Oh you're so right LL and unless you're one of his favourites (Kelly from Brentwood, Dympna from Biggleswade etc.) then he doesn't give a stuff!

Just watching "Gasping Simon Davis". Anybody know exactly what Bang on trend means or is it Bid tv speak for "you twerps need this tat??
:mysmilie_10::mysmilie_10:
Ps. evening all:mysmilie_59:

They aren't stupid. It goes back to making the viewers think the presenters are your friend. A lot of the same names come up again and again, they get recognised and are made to feel special when they get told how lovely it is to see them!
Its aimed at lonely, vulnerable people in my opinion. And that doesn't cover Peter Sherlock in glory in my opinion, if, as he proudly says, it's at his insistence the names came back

How do all, Hope we are well.

The WHOLE set up presenters included are disgusting people. Daft Pervy Pete selling the Starbucks (another crook of a company) Verismo 600 for £130 plus £8 post, at the moment its on Selfridges for £90 (haven't look at postage cost yet) but once again it took me 20 seconds to find another cheaper option, **** at Bid are lower than a snakes belly.

Just watching "Gasping Simon Davis". Anybody know exactly what Bang on trend means or is it Bid tv speak for "you twerps need this tat??
:mysmilie_10::mysmilie_10:
Ps. evening all:mysmilie_59:

It clearly means it is hot off the catwalk and we are honoured to be wearing such fashionable attire. That's what it says to me and I believe him, he wouldn't lie would he? Just off to take my medication and have an early night...

See James Russell is talking the four c's of diamonds. Funny that you are one of the many c's of bid TV ;-)

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

It clearly means it is hot off the catwalk and we are honoured to be wearing such fashionable attire. That's what it says to me and I believe him, he wouldn't lie would he? Just off to take my medication and have an early night...

They called it 'fashion' but they're really breaking the Trade Descriptions Act by calling it fashion...wonder if it's possible to prosecute them for using the 'F' word? :wink:

Earlier this evening, Shop at Bid was selling clothes whilst Best of Bid sold gardening products; later on, Shop at Bid was selling gardening products whilst Best of Bid sold, guess what? Yes, you've guessed it...

Latest posts

Back