Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What I am disparately looking forward to is when Perfume Pete does the next cheap pong and says "It's the best ever" - thus rubbishing his own pong - "Divine dung".:mysmilie_59:

Why did james russell "treat" us to how he proposed to his wife? Not interested

They are clearly upping the 'family' element of their presentations, no doubt to project a homely 'we're just like you' feel.

If I was anything like Neil, Split Ends, Gollum, Schlock and The Dirty Peter i'd seriously consider therapy.

Or worse.

They are clearly upping the 'family' element of their presentations, no doubt to project a homely 'we're just like you' feel.

If I was anything like Neil, Split Ends, Gollum, Schlock and The Dirty Peter i'd seriously consider therapy.

Or worse.
There may be a missed opportunity here. A professional phone in therapy on call could be the saving grace of the channel.:mysmilie_14:

Paul ****** becque now of iw of course was always on about his bloomin family can't speak for everyone but i certainly do not discuss my family with strangers which is what the viewers are they forget that fact they don't KNOW us so why would they overshare?

Why did james russell "treat" us to how he proposed to his wife? Not interested

Also, he bought their wedding rings at the most expensive time to buy gold, according to him.

While he's telling us all these little family stories that we couldn't care less about, he's not having to tell us anything about the actual item, which some might care about.

Paul ****** becque now of iw of course was always on about his bloomin family can't speak for everyone but i certainly do not discuss my family with strangers which is what the viewers are they forget that fact they don't KNOW us so why would they overshare?

What an odd middle name!

Also, he bought their wedding rings at the most expensive time to buy gold, according to him.

While he's telling us all these little family stories that we couldn't care less about, he's not having to tell us anything about the actual item, which some might care about.

Maybe that's the idea?

Then again there's not much to really say about a Solar Owl.

Imagine if you went to a jewellers intending to spend 1K on a ring and the assistant stood there with it in her hand and told you stories about her wedding/husband/honeymoon and nowt about the ring?

What has that owl ever done to you? :mysmilie_10:

Nothing per se but I do like the look of this Toadstool Meergnome Solar Ornament.

Toadstool.jpg

Imagine if you went to a jewellers intending to spend 1K on a ring and the assistant stood there with it in her hand and told you stories about her wedding/husband/honeymoon and nowt about what you were buying?

Indeed, imagine if the assistant never told you anything about the origin, colour, clarity but preferred to bore you utterly shitless with tales (and I mean tales) of how some greasy haired blimp like Neil is marrying an ex, ex, ex Ballerina*?

Anyone might think they have something to hide.

*She took a few classes in a Hertfordshire Church Hall, £3.50 an hour

Mr Tom Heaven.

But I wish Split Ends would sod off with her cough.

image.jpg

She just said that Paul Herrington always brings loads of food in for everyone.

Quelle Surprise.

All these personal anecdotes are to make the viewers feel the presenters are their friends, sharing 'family' stories, allowing us into their lives.......for some people this probably makes them buy more from a favourite presenter because they believe they are a friend to them and perhaps the feeling that if they don't buy they could lose their 'friendship' especially when their names scrolled across the screen and the presenters would say hello to them and acknowledge that they were regular buyers, say it's lovely to see them again, make them feel special. The worst kind of sleazy salesmanship. You can almost imagine them being TOLD to do it.....

Latest posts

Back