Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's inspirational people such as Mike Mason who can save this sorry lot.

I like him.

I think I need new glasses, I could have sworn that you wrote that you like Mr Mason. Or I could be going mad which is entirely possible. I always thought that you had decided he was a common little barrow boy!

Did all the buyers have guns pointed at their heads or did they buy the top because they actually liked it?

I don't believe deedee can see into people's homes so can't see what the buyers did or didn't have pointed at them but what she can see and that I and many others have witnessed for many years with Mike Mason and Peter Simon is they are very clever manipulators. They try and scare people into buying not needed so called safety enhancers or try and make out they are your bestest friend in the whole world. They hear a name in their ear of the last buyer then pretend they remembered where they lived. The women make out the outfit they were selling is something right up their street when in actual fact it is for am older person. Why not just say that? Why not suggest they could see an auntie in it?

So maybe they don't point a gun but they sure do anything they can to get that sale. Check out QVC and tell me you can't see a difference.

All IMHO if course.

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

It wasn't you that bought the orange one eas it, its gone limited! They were truly vile, peter gave it his all selling it although i only saw 5 minutes of his spiel.

I cannot tell a lie Muttley, I bought as many of those hideous tops as I could, I rang from all of my phones and ordered online as well, DP said it would fold and bale, he said it was not only elegance and style, not only a statement piece, not only a wardrobe essential............what's a girl to do? I couldn't resist!!!

I don't believe deedee can see into people's homes so can't see what the buyers did or didn't have pointed at them but what she can see and that I and many others have witnessed for many years with Mike Mason and Peter Simon is they are very clever manipulators. They try and scare people into buying not needed so called safety enhancers or try and make out they are your bestest friend in the whole world. They hear a name in their ear of the last buyer then pretend they remembered where they lived. The women make out the outfit they were selling is something right up their street when in actual fact it is for am older person. Why not just say that? Why not suggest they could see an auntie in it?

So maybe they don't point a gun but they sure do anything they can to get that sale. Check out QVC and tell me you can't see a difference.

All IMHO if course.

it's interesting you say that as i see it in the opposite context. they (sally) will say a article of clothing is "on trend" and then sell it to maureen in windsor. which in itself seems fine... but when you consider their whole schtick is "out with the girls" it is implying that it's not for an older audience but knowingly target them.

That all made sense in my head haha

Quite funny that the EPG says for the garden and you switch on to see a close up of a face being troweled in the latest of the make-ups

I cannot tell a lie Muttley, I bought as many of those hideous tops as I could, I rang from all of my phones and ordered online as well, DP said it would fold and bale, he said it was not only elegance and style, not only a statement piece, not only a wardrobe essential............what's a girl to do? I couldn't resist!!!

I thought so Deedee, I could tell it was your style. I bought a few myself, apparently if you look in the glossy mags you will see all the top stars wearing them. Unfortunately Sally said she couldn't name any names. I looked in Gardeners Weekly and didn't see anyone wearing them so I'm not sure if she was telling the truth!

Last night when Dirty Peter was slobbering all over the young make up demonstrator for dotd, I think I heard him say he had been selling make up for three decades. I may have heard wrong because I had a bad headache and was going to bed and not really concentrating. Was that behind the counter in Boots while he was a BBC star?

All IMHO if course.

So in essence you're saying that Bid use clever sales techniques to get mug punters to part with their cash? Who knew? QVC don't ever do that then? Or are they must a tad more subtle? Personally I can't get excited about it all in the way some of you seem to. It's not like the P and P and price of the goods are a secret or the customer can't shop at QVC instead if they want to.

Last night when Dirty Peter was slobbering all over the young make up demonstrator for dotd, I think I heard him say he had been selling make up for three decades. I may have heard wrong because I had a bad headache and was going to bed and not really concentrating. Was that behind the counter in Boots while he was a BBC star?

I think calling The Dirty Peter an ex-BBC Star is something of a stretch :mysmilie_59:

So in essence you're saying that Bid use clever sales techniques to get mug punters to part with their cash? Who knew? QVC don't ever do that then? Or are they must a tad more subtle? Personally I can't get excited about it all in the way some of you seem to. It's not like the P and P and price of the goods are a secret or the customer can't shop at QVC instead if they want to.

Do QVC have a premium rate phone line or a free call?
Do QVC charge £7.99 for posting something that is virtually as light as a feather
Do QVC talk in terms of really heavy gold weight but don't put a gram weight?
Do QVC sell items in quantities of one or two then sell it for a pound to cause many to miss out but get charged £1.53 for a call still?
Do QVC sell tat that is normally seen in Pound Shops knowing people won't send it back because they won't get the £10 of extras from the call and postage.

QVC make mistakes but they are in a different league to bid. If nothing else proves it. The fact that they are selling crap for premium prices, knock off watches as if they are a premium brand but still are heading for administration, you know they are a con.

You are absolutely right Wirral. I retract my comment. It should have read former BBC employee. I am prone to exaggeration at times!

I doubt he got much of a mention in the tribute programmes when BBC Television Centre closed down.

I have to say that 'Bellapierre' achieves some quite breathtaking results :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Do QVC have a premium rate phone line or a free call?
Do QVC charge £7.99 for posting something that is virtually as light as a feather
Do QVC talk in terms of really heavy gold weight but don't put a gram weight?
Do QVC sell items in quantities of one or two then sell it for a pound to cause many to miss out but get charged £1.53 for a call still?
Do QVC sell tat that is normally seen in Pound Shops knowing people won't send it back because they won't get the £10 of extras from the call and postage.

QVC make mistakes but they are in a different league to bid. If nothing else proves it. The fact that they are selling crap for premium prices, knock off watches as if they are a premium brand but still are heading for administration, you know they are a con.

All of the above is true. However you fail to recognise the simple point I'm making that people volunteer to buy their crap products on their expensive phone lines and with their expensive postage costs. The same people are completely free to shop at QVC. I had a look at the QVC product range online and interestingly many of their products are also available far cheaper elsewhere. They also stock a range of skin serums and beauty products at ridiculously high prices that have absolutely no scientific evidence to back up their very bold claims. Do I care? Not really. If someone is desperate to spend £383 plus £5.95 p and p on 59 mls of Perricone Neuropeptide Facial Conformer then they're probably beyond redemption. It starts to make the snail serum on Bid start to look like good value doesn't it?

http://www.qvcuk.com/Perricone-Neur...c=205290-DRIL&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-205290
You're right, QVC really are in a different league.

Latest posts

Back