Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good God, was it clear from the start there was only 6 in the drop? I've seen this sort of thing happen before, it's ****** sneaky if you ask me, they've got a price in mind, yet they encourage viewers to bid in quickly and the price locks....they should stop all this "auction pretence" and stop fleecing customers...Sure they can "tease" us with the price before revealing it, but this sort of thing shouldn't be allowed to happen!

Yes it was clear there were only 6

Thing is with Steve, he can talk and tell stories and be quite entertaining, laughing with the crew etc. This holds up the time, he tells you hardly anything about the item, he's laughing away, the quantity is ticking down but he's not telling you as he's otherwise engaged. The klaxon did sound and he stopped laughing but by then, the price/quantity thing all disappeared and he looked a bit guilty actually.

Get in early, get stung!

Yes it was clear there were only 6

Thing is with Steve, he can talk and tell stories and be quite entertaining, laughing with the crew etc. This holds up the time, he tells you hardly anything about the item, he's laughing away, the quantity is ticking down but he's not telling you as he's otherwise engaged. The klaxon did sound and he stopped laughing but by then, the price/quantity thing all disappeared and he looked a bit guilty actually.

Get in early, get stung!

that's their whole business model mommabear

"call in, beat them to the punch... You pay the lowest possible price"

Translates to "if enough of you call in, we are not dropping any prices"

Not illegal but definately disappointing.

that's their whole business model mommabear

"call in, beat them to the punch... You pay the lowest possible price"

Translates to "if enough of you call in, we are not dropping any prices"

Not illegal but definately disappointing.

No real difference to a pop up stall.

Except you're probably more likely to get something at least half decent for a reasonable price from a pop up stall.

Gobb sold out of a 12/14 top and only has 8/10 left.

She said, direct quote 'Do you know what it's worth a buy. I'm a dress size 14 and this is my 12/14 and it fits perfectly so much so that i'm wondering if you're a 14/16 you might be able to get into it as well so if you're a 12 try it (the 8/10), you've got nothing to lose*'

*apart from £7.99 and potentially a £1.53 call plus the cost of returning it. You miserable, hard faced madam :mysmilie_51:

Jen just said that Elephants go to funerals together...................:mysmilie_17: Something I have never seen:mysmilie_15:

Yesterday i heard Sally say that when the clocks go forward the mornings get darker and the nights get lighter!

I'm sure the mornings AND nights get a little lighter once the clocks go forward?

It was a classic case of when one TV channel visits another. Steve Macdonald helped move one of the podiums in to the Bid[up][TV] studio on the pretence that there was no one else to do it due to the crew being at the Bid Shopping Christmas party. This left the Price Drop studio with no presenter (there was no [Auction] Assistant on Price Drop before 19:00 tonight) so they pointed a camera at one of the screens and put Bid on it where we could see Steve Macdonald attacking Peter Sherlock. When Steve Macdonald came back to Price Drop, Bid was removed from the Price Drop screen and at about the same time, Bid was removed from it's own channel and replaced with a black screen and the Price Drop graphics (not the same item details that were on Price Drop at the time). This lasted for about a minute and when they came back, Peter Sherlock and Marina Berry apologised for the technical problem.

w.png

Jenny Topp was good enought to give us some of her Chemistry knowledge earlier
'this shampoo is made with Sulphur which is made up mainly by salt'....

Jenny's a prize duffer! She goes on and on and on and on...........and it's all a load of tripe!! I find myself screaming at the TV 'don't ask Jenny's opinion for Gods sake!!!!!!!!' Because they cannot shut her up once she starts and it's all such a lot of drivel I have to switch off, otherwise I'd end up putting my foot through the telly!! I could have laughed the other night at the Ilah demo and 'oh gosh Greenwood' said 'now jenny, you're a model.....' No. Kate Moss is a model. Jenny's a prat.

I posted a couple of months ago some jobs within ITN news - she'd be ideal as a presenter on something like that. She has it all.

Hope she's going somewhere better who can make better use of her talents :mysmilie_59: I'm quite happy all the spinsters on Bid are staying (Schlock, Aunt Sally, Mason, Simon, Herringford, Cazza, Brush (Brash)). It will make it all the funnier when the Bid.tv ship sinks without trace :mysmilie_14: If all the good eggs get out in the meantime they'll see the light of day :mysmilie_59:

Where would this shower ever get another job?

Jenny's a prize duffer! She goes on and on and on and on...........and it's all a load of tripe!! I find myself screaming at the TV 'don't ask Jenny's opinion for Gods sake!!!!!!!!' Because they cannot shut her up once she starts and it's all such a lot of drivel I have to switch off, otherwise I'd end up putting my foot through the telly!! I could have laughed the other night at the Ilah demo and 'oh gosh Greenwood' said 'now jenny, you're a model.....' No. Kate Moss is a model. Jenny's a prat.

Oh that tickled me. the moss bit. very good

It was a classic case of when one TV channel visits another. Steve Macdonald helped move one of the podiums in to the Bid[up][TV] studio on the pretence that there was no one else to do it due to the crew being at the Bid Shopping Christmas party. This left the Price Drop studio with no presenter (there was no [Auction] Assistant on Price Drop before 19:00 tonight) so they pointed a camera at one of the screens and put Bid on it where we could see Steve Macdonald attacking Peter Sherlock. When Steve Macdonald came back to Price Drop, Bid was removed from the Price Drop screen and at about the same time, Bid was removed from it's own channel and replaced with a black screen and the Price Drop graphics (not the same item details that were on Price Drop at the time). This lasted for about a minute and when they came back, Peter Sherlock and Marina Berry apologised for the technical problem.
w.png

Didn't watch for too long yesterday evening but there were other technical problems on Price-drop when Steve Macdonald was presenting, most notably stuttering music that confused the hell out of Steve, and later on they showed brief flashes of Steve doing his silly walk from one podium to another during a short promo clip (but that could have been deliberate). Plus I get the impression that at least one of the behind-the-scenes technicians isn't exactly a fan of Steve either, and there's also a remote possibility that the camera crew know their days are numbered therefore they're having fun at Steve's expense.

I bet they have some stories to tell relating to the presenters!

Latest posts

Back