Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder if she meant to say 'London' Fashion Week? Regular viewers will know she often uses that line to shill her tatt.

I googled 'Burnley Fashion Week' and, perhaps unsurprisingly, nothing came up.

I listened to her just now and she said Berlin fashion week so perhaps that was it

I listened to her just now and she said Berlin fashion week so perhaps that was it

Ah right, I guess it could have been.

Did she go to it? It's ridiculous the way she always mentions these big fashion weeks when she's selling her viscose vileness:mysmilie_59:

Why are they saying buy items for valentines day, there is no guarantee you'll receive it in time.

Well it's clear the only products that are really selling right now are beauty products, fragrances, women's clothes and handbags. Gollum is poor at selling all of those products which I guess is why they brought in the cavalry to help him. He isn't a very versatile presenter, in my opinion.

And as for the perfume? Did you hear them going on about 'Marc Joseph'. Exactly who is Marc Joseph?

I always thought that name sounds rather similar to the famous Marc Jacobs but I'm sure that isn't the reason why they use that name. I googled the name and several matches come up but it isn't clear which Marc Joseph the one in question actually is.

I didn't hear them going on about Marc whoever but I've seen it sold in the past and thought the name was very close to that of a well known designer (of course I can't mention the name!)
Gollum has just explained everything, he said he asked Sally to stay on and help out
yes, of course you did Mike!

Mike just telling a story about being on a date once in a restaurant and his debit card was in his pocket and it snapped when he sat down. Mike was selling a wallet, I thought someone as intellectual as him would have had one.

I didn't hear them going on about Marc whoever but I've seen it sold in the past and thought the name was very close to that of a well known designer (of course I can't mention the name!)
Gollum has just explained everything, he said he asked Sally to stay on and help out
yes, of course you did Mike!

Yeah right Gollum!

There's a designer called Marc Joseph in New York but there's no mention of fragrance of their website, not that I can see anyway.

Evening (again)

Just noticed sally's endorsement of the top the genuinely lovely debbie is wearing

"be sure to buy that as i sold out of that yesterday"

No.... no you didn't. Not if there is 2000 of them in a warehouse.

The delivery on the DOTD is 14 working days :mysmilie_13:

And it's a 13.5 tog duvet, winter will be almost over by the time you receive it.

It will virtually be ****** March. I'm beginning to wonder if they are producing products to order!

I swear they are trying to wind people up.

It goes against everything people expect these days.

Last Friday I ordered a Steam Mop, a Halogen Oven and an iPad case all from the same online retailer. The mop came on Saturday and the oven and case came today.

The delivery for all of them was £2.95, they really are seriously pushing their luck with such slow delivery. The p+p was always a ripoff but delivery was excellent and really quick. Now they are is simply taking the Mickey.

But even worse Sally and Gollum were suggesting people buy things for valentines gifts when they can't even guarantee delivery by 14 Feb.

I see no future for this lot, it's as if they have never heard of Amazon!

It goes against everything people expect these days.

Last Friday I ordered a Steam Mop, a Halogen Oven and an iPad case all from the same online retailer. The mop came on Saturday and the oven and case came today.

The delivery for all of them was £2.95, they really are seriously pushing their luck with such slow delivery. The p+p was always a ripoff but delivery was excellent and really quick. Now they are is simply taking the Mickey.

But even worse Sally and Gollum were suggesting people buy things for valentines gifts when they can't even guarantee delivery by 14 Feb.

I see no future for this lot, it's as if they have never heard of Amazon!

they're pretty much washed up. If Sit-up make it to Christmas 2014 I'll be amazed.

they're pretty much washed up. If Sit-up make it to Christmas 2014 I'll be amazed.

I agree Paul.

If the best they can do is make the useless £10 credits even more useless, make the uber expensive delivery service even worse value and endlessly bang on and on about the prices on Skin Pharmacy's website in the hope it will hoodwink enough people to think Bid are good value then it's hard to see any future for them.

And even the Skin Pharmacy bull isn't working so well, they hadn't even shifted 50% of that Snail Shite by 9pm last night.

They are fast becoming irrelevant (other than for voyeuristic entertainment purposes).

They clearly hope that their core customers, Doris and Ethel, have done little internet shopping. I have only ordered DVDs from Amazon, I have never paid postage, they came within 5 days and on one occasion the item didn't arrive one e-mail sorted the situation out. I would not tolerate high postage for a longer wait.

They clearly hope that their core customers, Doris and Ethel, have done little internet shopping. I have only ordered DVDs from Amazon, I have never paid postage, they came within 5 days and on one occasion the item didn't arrive one e-mail sorted the situation out. I would not tolerate high postage for a longer wait.

They're taking the piss Muttley.

For example selling £6 worth of Poundland products for £28 all in could actually be considered extortionate by some people.

They are fast becoming irrelevant and seem to be operating to business practices from another era. It's not good enough.

Gasping Geoff just a while ago was still trying to shift jewellery for Valentines. He told a story about how he bought his then girlfriend some diamond earrings one Christmas. He bought her diamonds to let her know that he was serious about her. 'Say it with diamonds' he gasped. He was selling a pair of silver tone, pink crystal and diamond earrings for £3.99++

I think I located the 'diamond', just one on each earring but they looked like glass, no sparkle, just well glassy.

He said it worked for him, he married his gf Laura and they now have a baby girl called India and she wouldn't mind him telling us that Laura is 29 :mysmilie_505:

He said he thinks Valentines is next week sometime, yes it's next bliddy Friday! He didn't mention at any time the 5-10 working day delivery.

Gasping Geoff just a while ago was still trying to shift jewellery for Valentines. He told a story about how he bought his then girlfriend some diamond earrings one Christmas. He bought her diamonds to let her know that he was serious about her. 'Say it with diamonds' he gasped. He was selling a pair of silver tone, pink crystal and diamond earrings for £3.99++

I think I located the 'diamond', just one on each earring but they looked like glass, no sparkle, just well glassy.

He said it worked for him, he married his gf Laura and they now have a baby girl called India and she wouldn't mind him telling us that Laura is 29 :mysmilie_505:

He said he thinks Valentines is next week sometime, yes it's next bliddy Friday! He didn't mention at any time the 5-10 working day delivery.

Here are some simple guidelines for a guy wanting to impress that special lady this Valentines Day

Rule 1

If you're looking to impress her never, ever buy your lady earrings that cost half the price of the delivery charge. She might think they're a load of crap.

Rule 2

Don't buy her anything from Bid TV on 7 February for Valentines Day. She's likely to have already dumped you by the time it arrives.

I didn't realise he had an 8 week old baby
I wonder if he gasped his way through the labour with his wife!

I didn't realise he had an 8 week old baby
I wonder if he gasped his way through the labour with his wife!

The Midwife gave him the air instead. He didn't need any gas.

So let me get this right, Sally Jacks is a fashion and style expert?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Another true life expenditure fact from Sluglock this arvo, his gas/electric is £140 a month and he only lives in a one bed flat!

He said something about it being a huge slice of his paypacket

Another true life expenditure fact from Sluglock this arvo, his gas/electric is £140 a month and he only lives in a one bed flat!

He said something about it being a huge slice of his paypacket

Perhaps he needs to turn his heating down?

It can't be good for his 700 bottles of pong.

Latest posts

Back