Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

just noticed Peter Shitelock's new hair cut.... looks like he's off to join the French Foreign Legion...

It gives new meaning to the term 'Toilet Water' :mysmilie_59:

EauDeShylock.jpg

Even the Laughing Buddha Collection isn't selling. 80 in the quantity, sold just 15.

Next Debbie had an attractive Cherry Blossom vase. 80 in the quantity, sold just 5.

Yes it's quiet.... Too quiet .... I don't know how long they can keep live broadcasting all day!

I am not watching properly but Steve seems to be having a bit of success, nothing fantastic but not bad.

But he's saying delivery is in 5-10 days and not working days so he'd better hope the stuff arrives or people will probably complain!

Charlie is demonstrating the Perfect Polish with Mike. He was also demonstrating it earlier with Debbie, it's amazing how filthy exactly the same items can become after he cleaned them just a few hours ago!

That lad must get through a serious amount of Soy Sauce which I doubt many candle holders, letter boxes and door knockers tend to get on them in everyday use!

looks like they could be about to lose some more viewers, these have been posted on the bid facebook page

Whats happened to our funny presenters have they been told off their not what we want to see we want our fun loving hosts back with their banter I wont be watching or buying until their allowed to be their selves again!!!

Bring back the funny presenters we want them the same as they used to be cos its getting boring

Used to tune in to watch Mikey Mason .. he was sooo funny and could always talk me into buying something! The past few weeks something has happened .. all the presenters seem to have lost their sense of humour .. they're like zombies. Boring, boring boring ... won't be back!

CAN YOU PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO THE NEW MANAGERS , PLEASE LET YOUR HOSTS BE THEMSELVES AS IT ALWAYS SELLS MORE WHEN THEY ARE , ESPECIALLY WITH MIKE MASON , LET HIM DO HIS BANTER AND HIS CALL OUTS ETC IT NOT THE SAME WITH OUT THE BANTER FROM ALL THE HOSTS , PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

wow £7.99 p&p for a 5 to 10 day delivery lol please tell me how you justify that price.....someone randomer then replied The postage is expensive and the new delivery is pretty slow at up to 10 working days but because the prices are usually so amazingly low it kind of balances out, I think

looks like they could be about to lose some more viewers, these have been posted on the bid facebook page

Whats happened to our funny presenters have they been told off their not what we want to see we want our fun loving hosts back with their banter I wont be watching or buying until their allowed to be their selves again!!!

Bring back the funny presenters we want them the same as they used to be cos its getting boring

Used to tune in to watch Mikey Mason .. he was sooo funny and could always talk me into buying something! The past few weeks something has happened .. all the presenters seem to have lost their sense of humour .. they're like zombies. Boring, boring boring ... won't be back!

CAN YOU PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO THE NEW MANAGERS , PLEASE LET YOUR HOSTS BE THEMSELVES AS IT ALWAYS SELLS MORE WHEN THEY ARE , ESPECIALLY WITH MIKE MASON , LET HIM DO HIS BANTER AND HIS CALL OUTS ETC IT NOT THE SAME WITH OUT THE BANTER FROM ALL THE HOSTS , PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

wow £7.99 p&p for a 5 to 10 day delivery lol please tell me how you justify that price.....someone randomer then replied The postage is expensive and the new delivery is pretty slow at up to 10 working days but because the prices are usually so amazingly low it kind of balances out, I think

I wouldn't be surprised if they all came from members of Mike Mason's fan page because apparently it was announced he can't do his shoutout and love cuddle business anymore. It sounds like he now has to just sell, whatever next!

I'm sure the Bid bosses won't be worried (he hardly has a massive following, it's less than 700) much like they aren't worried what we say about them either.

It sounds to me like somebody's ego might have been dealt a bit of blow but I bet for every person who liked all his wideboy, ropey 'humour' there'll be more who were put off by it.

I get that some people hate change but maybe those posters don't know that the 'old' Bid, including the 'old' Mike, were losing millions of pounds. It clearly didn't work so the new bosses are changing things which is surely long overdue.

Did anyone hear Gollum painting a lovely picture of his Lady/Goddess last night? It was when he was selling those plug in air fresheners. He basically mentioned her 'smells' after she eats take away and he talked about her smoking ciggies but of course he reiterated that he dosen't smoke anymore. He said he knew she wouldn't be watching otherwise he wouldn't have said it.

So chivalrous.

Did anyone hear Gollum painting a lovely picture of his Lady/Goddess last night? It was when he was selling those plug in air fresheners. He basically mentioned her 'smells' after she eats take away and he talked about her smoking ciggies but of course he reiterated that he dosen't smoke anymore. He said he knew she wouldn't be watching otherwise he wouldn't have said it.

So chivalrous.

Let's hope she didn't record it then :mysmilie_17:

Let's hope she didn't record it then :mysmilie_17:

Indeed, mind you he did also say that the house is hers but that he pays all the bills. That's not what he said a few weeks ago when he was selling Boom, I distinctly remember him saying 'when we bought our house 5 years ago'. It was on the night of their 5th anniversary which immediately made no sense!

I see there are even more posts about Mason on Bid's Facebook page. It's odd that no other presenters are mentioned by name.

Then again I doubt many other presenters have a 'fanpage' on Facebook run by their partner :mysmilie_59:

Despite Salleh's best efforts of dissing the chocolates and flowers for Valentines in favour of her item, the JULIANA Love fairy, she still had 59 left out of a quantity of 80

Hmmmmm 'Old Tupton' next, it reminds me of something :thinking:

Despite Salleh's best efforts of dissing the chocolates and flowers in favour of her item, the JULIANA Love fairy, she still had 59 left out of a quantity of 80

Indeed, sadly her sales have been at best average but mostly quite poor.

She is selling an Old Tupton Clock. She said 'Now obviously Old Tupton is a beautiful English County in Derbyshire'.

Obviously :mysmilie_15: She had a quantity of 45 and only sold 4 :mysmilie_13:

Another terrible sale from Mike Mason. He had 80 Ceramic Vases and sold just 3. Then he did a bit better with a Ceramic Bowl, 90 in the quantity but still only sold just 12. Next up were 90 Laughing Buddha, he only sold 20 for a fiver each :mysmilie_13:

I wonder what they'll do with the over the top, gobby presenters if they struggle to fit in with the new, more professional style of presenting? Mason and Jacks possibly only sold as much as they did by screaming and putting too much pressure on people. And worse!

Maybe they'll have to acquire a new skill set to hang around?

If Mason and Jacks are struggling what chance would some new boring, bland presenters have? If Bid think that apeing QVC and Ideal World is the answer they will lose viewers! I for one find shopping channels rather boring and only watch Bid and Price Drop for entertainment value, histrionics etc

They need to get back to lowering prices and introducing quality products, they already have presenters who can sell.

If Mason and Jacks are struggling what chance would some new boring, bland presenters have? If Bid think that apeing QVC and Ideal World is the answer they will lose viewers! I for one find shopping channels rather boring and only watch Bid and Price Drop for entertainment value, histrionics etc

They need to get back to lowering prices and introducing quality products, they already have presenters who can sell

Maybe there's more to selling than just screaming, shouting and completely and utterly bullshitting? I totally get what you mean about the other channels being dull and bland but as far as I'm aware they make money, Bid dosen't and hasn't for a while. I'm sure the presenters will be getting retrained in the new style but sadly it wouldn't surprise me if some of them are not suited to the 'QVC' style, for want of a better term.

I think it's fair to say that many of their roster of presenters wouldn't be given the time of day by other channels, they are a bit barrowboy! It's going to be interesting, I wish them all luck because boy they need it!

He just had another vase. He only sold 4, he's selling less than one item a minute :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back