Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cheapsmells aside when they sold Rive Gauche the other day it was cheaper in Boots and Debenhams and that is BEFORE their ridiculous P+P and call charges! And the Chanel No.5 they sold was cheaper in Boots, House of Fraser and Selfridges for a 25% bigger bottle! In fact I couldn't even find the bottle they had on sale in mainstream UK shops so they must have sourced it from abroad.

You can almost be certain that when they sell a really top name fragrance it will be well overpriced but not nearly as overpriced as their Laurelle stinkers!

i wonder if debenhams know they get used on bid as a price comparison on the one product bid does cheaper lol

i wonder if debenhams know they get used on bid as a price comparison on the one product bid does cheaper lol

It wasn't cheaper. Debenhams were £2.34 cheaper than Bid even without the p+p and call! Debenhams!!!

On the very rare occasion Bid do really mainstream, top high street perfumes they are hardly ever cheaper, on the contrary!

Cheapsmells aside when they sold Rive Gauche the other day it was cheaper in Boots and Debenhams and that is BEFORE their ridiculous P+P and call charges! And the Chanel No.5 they sold was cheaper in Boots, House of Fraser and Selfridges for a 25% bigger bottle! In fact I couldn't even find the bottle they had on sale in mainstream UK shops so they must have sourced it from abroad.

You can almost be certain that when they sell a really top name fragrance it will be well overpriced but not nearly as overpriced as their Laurelle stinkers!

I couldn't quite work out what they were selling. It was "Chanel No.5 eau de premier" (not sure on the exact spelling of 'premier') and at least once they stated "it's a new take on Chanel No.5". Like you I had a quick Google but couldn't find the exact item they were selling.

As far as I know (happy to be corrected) Chanel No 5 (the original) is never discounted anywhere.

I couldn't quite work out what they were selling. It was "Chanel No.5 eau de premier" (not sure on the exact spelling of 'premier') and at least once they stated "it's a new take on Chanel No.5". Like you I had a quick Google but couldn't find the exact item they were selling.

As far as I know (happy to be corrected) Chanel No 5 (the original) is never discounted anywhere.

I assume they got hold of it abroad, I couldn't find that sized refillable bottle sold anywhere here. Nothing wrong with foreign stock of course but it simply wasn't a good deal, on the contrary.

I'm up to here with all the EDT's EDP's, spraying, wafting, top notes, base notes, bottles, packaging, for him, for her, spray, waft, what do you think of this, oooooooo lovely, I love that, sniff sniff.

I'll be glad when Christmas is over. On with the SALE!

I'm up to here with all the EDT's EDP's, spraying, wafting, top notes, base notes, bottles, packaging, for him, for her, spray, waft, what do you think of this, oooooooo lovely, I love that, sniff sniff.

I'll be glad when Christmas is over. On with the SALE!

A sale?

I can't see Bid having one of those.

It wasn't cheaper. Debenhams were £2.34 cheaper than Bid even without the p+p and call! Debenhams!!!

On the very rare occasion Bid do really mainstream, top high street perfumes they are hardly ever cheaper, on the contrary!

nah I know it wasn't that item, in truth I cannot remember the exact item (I think it was either a tablet or a pressure washer) but I distinctly recall them actually putting up an onscreen graphic repeatedly showing how much they were cheaper than Debenhams.

it just made me think ''do it for the 46 products that they are cheaper than you lot of crooks'' aswell then.

nah I know it wasn't that item, in truth I cannot remember the exact item (I think it was either a tablet or a pressure washer) but I distinctly recall them actually putting up an onscreen graphic repeatedly showing how much they were cheaper than Debenhams.

it just made me think ''do it for the 46 products that they are cheaper than you lot of crooks'' aswell then.

Ideal World are no better, like Bid they also use Littlewoods and very.co.uk as price comparisons. It's a total swizz using catalogues.

Apologies, must have been dreaming

When you have a range of products such as theirs you don't need to run gimmicky, endless sales that aren't anything of the sort.

I think you're confusing them with QVC. Please buck your ideas up Momma :mysmilie_59:

When you have a range of products such as theirs you don't need to run gimmicky, endless sales that aren't anything of the sort.

I think you're confusing them with QVC. Please buck your ideas up Momma :mysmilie_59:

I've given myself a slap :mysmilie_59:

I did see something new and exciting last night with Mr Mason, a shower curtain and two mats, one for bath and one for floor, all colour co-ordinated

I think he was excited too

Brash is selling Halston Perfume and said quite clearly 'give it a go and if you don't like it just send it back' (they even put up a caption detailing the extended returns period) when you cannot do any such thing with fragrances.

What is her definition of 'give it a go'? look at the ****** bottle! Shady madam, cut it out Lisa or expect a complaint!

What she probably meant was: buy the perfume..wait for it to arrive..go into town..find a perfume shop with a tester of the one you bought (unlikely)..try the tester..go home and send perfume back :D

Latest posts

Back