Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was only half listening before nipping out for a few minutes, but I'm sure Sally commented on the cheapness of a bottle of perfume which has a sticky label on the bottle.

And now she's been presented with one by Sherlock :grin:

Fancy putting pure perfume in such a bottle. Still, it only cost £9.99.

How did he manage that?

There have been 16 members of the group since its formation in 1981 although only Cheryl, Mike, Jay, Bobby and Shelley have released any material under the name "Bucks Fizz". The rest have all performed live under the group name. Bucks Fizz operated as a trio between 1990 and 1993.

Bobby G 1981 – present
Mike Nolan 1981 – 1996 (The Original Bucks Fizz 2004 – present)
Cheryl Baker 1981 – 1993 (The Original Bucks Fizz 2004 – present)
Jay Aston 1981 – 1985 (The Original Bucks Fizz 2009 – present)
Shelley Preston 1985 – 1990 (The Original Bucks Fizz 2004 – 2009)
Heidi Manton 1994 – present
Amanda Szwarc 1994 – 1996
David Van Day 1996 – 1997
Karen Logan 1996
Louise Hart 1996 – 2002
Graham Crisp 1997 – 2002
Nikki Winter 2003
Wayne Chinnery 2003 – 2006
Tammy Choat 2004 – present
Paul Fordham 2006 – 2012
Paul Yates 2012 – present

(Also Jenny Phillips – 2006 – covering Heidi's maternity leave)

No mention

Maybe she was in Bux Fizz

From Wiki:
The partnership between G and Van Day proved to be short-lived as the two failed to gel. In 1997, Van Day quit the group after a show in the Falkland Islands. Unable to come to an agreement with G, Van Day teamed up with Mike Nolan and two new female recruits (Lianna Lea and Sally Jacks)[58] to form a new version of Bucks Fizz. Unhappy with the situation, G put an injunction on the name, resulting in the second group to go under the name; "Bucks Fizz starring Mike Nolan and featuring David Van Day".[1] Under Van Day's guidance, this version released a newly recorded "Making Your Mind Up" single as well as an album of re-recorded Bucks Fizz songs. Neither found chart success and the recordings were universally derided by the group's fans

I notice in the EPG at 8.00pm they have 'The Branded Watch Showcase'. Is that opposed to the 'Made Up French/Italian/Swedish Sounding Names or Names With Highly Tenuous Links To Long Since Deceased Watchmakers or Defunct Aircraft Showcase'?

Anyway, in the branded watch showcase they have Ingersoll, Oskar Emil and that well known watchmaker McKenzie. Do tune in if you can. :mysmilie_59:

I notice in the EPG at 8.00pm they have 'The Branded Watch Showcase'. Is that opposed to the 'Made Up French/Italian/Swedish Sounding Names or Names With Highly Tenuous Links To Long Since Deceased Watchmakers or Defunct Aircraft Showcase'?

Anyway, in the branded watch showcase they have Ingersoll, Oskar Emil and that well known watchmaker McKenzie. Do tune in if you can. :mysmilie_59:

Something I've noticed recently with the watches, there are a few turning up (including the McKenzie last night) that have two or more dials on the main face that appear to be there for show (there are no buttons on the side to control them) They are obviously there just to make the watch look more expensive.

I am pleased to announce that James Russell has now finally learned that the touch screen of a tablet is 'Capacitive' as opposed to 'Ca-Pack-Tive' which is how he pronounced it for months.

Well done James, clever lad.:mysmilie_59:

Something I've noticed recently with the watches, there are a few turning up (including the McKenzie last night) that have two or more dials on the main face that appear to be there for show (there are no buttons on the side to control them) They are obviously there just to make the watch look more expensive.

Yep they are just for show I believe as loads of really cheap watches have them to make them look expensive as you say, a watch with functioning dials on the front is known as a chronograph and 99% of the time have that word in their name as they are usually expensive. A chronograph usually has 2 extra buttons (sometimes more).

Yep they are just for show I believe as loads of really cheap watches have them to make them look expensive as you say, a watch with functioning dials on the front is known as a chronograph and 99% of the time have that word in their name as they are usually expensive. A chronograph usually has 2 extra buttons (sometimes more).

McKenzie as far as I know have always been something of a chavvy clothes brand and not really noted for their horology, a bit like Golddigga.

Slap their name on a garish watch and they have a ready market for them. Perfect for Bid!

So salleh didn't know sherlock was going to appear with a fragrance?

Despite it being fragrance week or whatever contrived reason they use to have mr sherlock on.

I still maintain that brash is better than jaxx

Some moron(I am sorry but I have no idea who is who on this channel), showed Caron En Avion and stated,"This was made for the jet engine flights." Well it was created in 1929(you remember all those jets fighting in WWII??? Thought not!), for the early women pilots breaking records. I actually wanted to rip his lungs out through his throat at that point. But switched over quickly instead.

Lord Kean is discussing the 'Where is My Tablet' feature of the Panda Security Software, which is useful if you've mislaid your device. He said 'It can be called Anti-Dope as well as in YOU TWIT, what have you done with it?' (rolls eyes).

When lord kean is on, there is no clothing or fragrance... it's dare i say it... a breath of fresh air

Indeed, he did however sell some clothes during fashion week with a female presenter (I don't know her name, she's only on occasionally).

He was particularly disinterested that day. If it isn't an Ermine Robe he's not interested in garb. Quite right too, M'Lud.

Indeed, he did however sell some clothes during fashion week with a female presenter (I don't know her name, she's only on occasionally).

He was particularly disinterested that day. If it isn't an Ermine Robe he's not interested in garb. Quite right too, M'Lud.

you know, I think Guy would make a good Justice of Peace... :mysmilie_499:

when talking about panda security

"dont think its going to stop you looking at dodgy sites (slow but exaggerated wink)"

Aww yes, this man just gets shopping tv. he knows he is on a shite channel.

I salute him.

when talking about panda security

"dont think its going to stop you looking at dodgy sites (slow but exaggerated wink)"

Aww yes, this man just gets shopping tv. he knows he is on a shite channel.

I salute him.

I think Guy's just invited the police to break his door down :grin:

No doubt he'll be deleting his copy of the Dirty Plumber.wmv shortly.

So salleh didn't know sherlock was going to appear with a fragrance?

Despite it being fragrance week or whatever contrived reason they use to have mr sherlock on.

I still maintain that brash is better than jaxx

She gave away the fact she knew who the secret guest was going to be:

Sally: "So Alicia isn't coming then?"
Peter: "No, Alicia Duvall was never going to come"

I think Guy's just invited the police to break his door down :grin:

No doubt he'll be deleting his copy of the Dirty Plumber.wmv shortly.

Little Far annoyed me before. He has fully adopted the foul Mason's tactics when selling the Dongle (how many channels do you get on Sky, Virgin) but even worse he did the Russell trick and 'warned' us that you do get access to adult channels.

I'm sure he was just being responsible :mysmilie_51:

She gave away the fact she knew who the secret guest was going to be:

Sally: "So Alicia isn't coming then?"
Peter: "No, Alicia Duvall was never going to come"

Alicia Douvall is hardly a star anyway is she? Sadly she gained her 'fame' for all the wrong reasons.

It's nice to see she seems to be back on track in her life but to hold her up as some sort of a good example to follow is quite honestly ludicrous. I wish her all the best but she is who she is, you can't polish a turd!

Latest posts

Back