Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lisa Brash is selling products as a 'Secret Santa' for £1 and the buyers do not know what the product is, she merely gives a highly cryptic clue. She sold 170 before they revealed what it was.

It was Gift Bags and Ribbon.

Ha what will they think of next?

Oh yeah black Friday where the prices are the same as every other sale or promotion they do which is the same as a non sale price

if he wears a suit he is certain to be selling paintings and watches.

But he is funny so generally gets a pass from scrutiny

He has a few upheld complaints against him and pretty serious ones too. In fact he made a jokey comment recently asking viewers not to complain as any more and he's out! Don't know if there was any truth in what he said but he really does sail close to the wind sometimes, his watch sales are often terrible.

Ha what will they think of next?

Oh yeah black Friday where the prices are the same as every other sale or promotion they do which is the same as a non sale price

I suppose they have to get imaginative this Christmas as there's no way they would get away with behaving the way they did last year.

I suppose it's a bit of fun but it seems more like gambling than shopping to me :mysmilie_19:

Did anyone just hear what Steve said about the clock? He said they put a clock on screen if they've ran out of time on an item, or it's gone too low.

Fair enough in a normal sale but surely not in an Avalanche?

Just tuned in and have seen they are doing the jewelry avalanche as you mention Wirral, first piece I saw they sold a silver chain and listed the gram weight and kept saying how many grams it was.... so no complaints there.
They then sold another silver chain and listed the gram weight and kept saying how heavy it was.... so no complaints again.
The then sold a gold chain and didnt list its gram weight nor did they say its gram weight, all we saw was a zoomed in shot of the chain....

They obviously chose not to display or mention the gram weight of the gold chain unlike the 2 previous silver chains, personally it puts me off buying anything from them.

>edit.... evil autocorrect :(

Last edited:
Just tuned in and have seen they are doing the jewelry avalanche as you mention Wirral, first piece I saw they sold a silver chain and listed the gram weight and kept saying how many grams it was.... so no complaints there.
They then sold another silver chain and listed the gram weight and kept saying how heavy it was.... so no complaints again.
The then sold a gold chain and didnt list its gram weight nor did they say its gram weight, all we saw was a zoomed in shot of the chain....

They obviously chose not to display or mention the gram weight of the gold chain unlike the 2 previous silver chains, personally it puts me off buying anything from them.

There is no consistency with their gold sales and the stating of the gram weight despite them assuring the ASA in August that in future there would be. They sometimes detail it if the piece is made from and gold alone but if it has other materials (like stones) they rarely if ever do.

It's pot luck.

Poor Steve, he seems far happier on Price Drop. You have to love him, look at that jumper. It's about 5 sizes too small :mysmilie_13:

And as for Mason? Not only would you not keep someone else filthy old carpets but who would keep them for five years, even in a spare room?

I just don't know how they keep it up, it would drive me absolutely mad having to remember all the stories I'd told in order to keep the bull consistent, which his most certainly aren't these days!

No wonder he has aged so much so quickly, the stress must be incredible!

Ye of little faith. The carpet stories are indeed true, I know I've slept in
that spare room. Who has the money to re-carpet an entire house
these days? So he's not speaking bull at all.

Ah right, wasn't he lucky finding such a product after having a minging, filthy old carpet for all those years. So didn't his Blue Magic (which he definitely also has) work on the stains? You see Moet he normally rants and raves about that too, when he's selling it! We'll have to listen carefully to his next presentation of Blue Magic, along with mobile phones. Incidentally he has a smartphone on next Thursday, should be interesting to see how he'll spin that one now he's settled for an antique!

Personally if I had such a filthy old remnant from the previous owner in my house I wouldn't be spending £500 on suits and £80 on aftershave on myself, i'd have had a carpet fitter in toute suite but that's just me :mysmilie_13:

But you're dead right, I don't have much faith where Mike is concerned, I can't think why (maybe his highly contradictory power cut tales this week might have contributed to my scepticism ha ha).

Here is that ruling I mentioned last night Mr M. Note where Sit-Up said to the ASA 'They said they had undertaken retraining for the presenter and that in future the weight of any similar products would be displayed in on-screen graphics'.

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2013/8/sit_up-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_231932.aspx

No one on this planet would use tubes of Boom! to clean whole carpets when you can buy, hire or borrow an electric carpet cleaner.

Was Boom! available five years ago?

No one on this planet would use tubes of Boom! to clean whole carpets when you can buy, hire or borrow an electric carpet cleaner.

Was Boom! available five years ago?

As you so perceptively pointed out Pola, why didn't he use his Blue Magic? :mysmilie_14:

I genuinely cannot wait for his Technology Pick Of the Week next Thursday, it's a Yarvik Smartphone. Don't forget, he has completely stopped using his existing smartphone in favour of his Wristphone, his words not mine. He has taken the Micro Sim out of it, bought a Sim adaptor and is now ONLY using his new gadget which dosen't come with any apps, isn't 3G and isn't Android.

I look forward to his comments. And if anyone sees Mason when they're out and about check out if he's wearing a Bluetooth Headset, not to mention the brick on his wrist :mysmilie_14:

Here is that ruling I mentioned last night Mr M. Note where Sit-Up said to the ASA 'They said they had undertaken retraining for the presenter and that in future the weight of any similar products would be displayed in on-screen graphics'.

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2013/8/sit_up-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_231932.aspx

Thank you, I thought I remembered Peter Simon causing problems with his untruths.

I just found last night a nasty experience as they obviously chose not to display the gram weight of the gold as the two previous auctions clearly did display it... and they where silver. I would love to know why Steve didn't even mention the gram weight as he kept going on & on about it during the previous two auctions..... would he have been told not to comment on it as it looked tiny or did he just not have the information.
I know Andy has requested it before when its not been shown on screen so they obviously have access to the information.

I hate to think what gram weight the 100+ buyers got, considering the two previous auctions the silver was 22grams... then they show the little gold necklace really zoomed in so imo it looked big like the silver ones. They didn't put it on Kiri (like the silver one previously) so you couldn't even gauge how big it looked on a small person like Kiri.

Personally I felt disappointed as people will be buying such items for Christmas presents and imo many are going to be very disappointed.

Why not take 10 seconds & ask Kiri to put it on, also just put the gram weight in the description on the screen or just get Steve to mention it once or twice in his constant ramblings about it "not being plate".... then everybody can make an "informed" decision on whether to buy it or not.

Last edited:
Thank you, I thought I remembered Peter Simon causing problems with his untruths.

I just found last night a nasty experience as they obviously chose not to display the gram weight of the gold as the two previous auctions clearly did display it... and they where silver. I would love to know why Steve didn't even mention the gram weight as he kept going on & on about it during the previous two auctions..... would he have been told not to comment on it as it looked tiny or did he just not have the information.
I know Andy has requested it before when its not been shown on screen so they obviously have access to the information.

I hate to think what gram weight the 100+ buyers got, considering the two previous auctions the silver was 22grams... then they show the little gold necklace really zoomed in so imo it looked big like the silver ones. They didn't put it on Kiri (like the silver one previously) so you couldn't even gauge how big it looked on a small person like Kiri.

Personally I felt disappointed as people will be buying such items for Christmas presents and imo many are going to be very disappointed.

Why not take 10 seconds & ask Kiri to put it on, also just put the gram weight in the description on the screen or just get Steve to mention it once or twice in his constant ramblings about it "not being plate".... then everybody can make an "informed" decision on whether to buy it or not.

If they are not adhering to assurances they have personally given to the ASA they are asking for yet more trouble. Make no mistake!

Personally I wouldn't buy without knowing the gram weight but it seems plenty do

I've seen Steve sell a ring from the lightbox alone. He made a joke about if it was on set, Yolisa would nick it. While Steve is joking around and making us laugh, he's filling the time where he should be telling us facts about the item he's selling.

Shocked Face has an Angel's Spa Trio Dark Chocolate Set coming up at around 2.30pm

Perhaps you'll not be as shocked as he often is to learn that it's his 'favourite body preparation range, ever'

As you so perceptively pointed out Pola, why didn't he use his Blue Magic? :mysmilie_14:

I genuinely cannot wait for his Technology Pick Of the Week next Thursday, it's a Yarvik Smartphone. Don't forget, he has completely stopped using his existing smartphone in favour of his Wristphone, his words not mine. He has taken the Micro Sim out of it, bought a Sim adaptor and is now ONLY using his new gadget which dosen't come with any apps, isn't 3G and isn't Android.

I look forward to his comments. And if anyone sees Mason when they're out and about check out if he's wearing a Bluetooth Headset, not to mention the brick on his wrist :mysmilie_14:

And presumably he will now continue to wear the brick as he's been wearing it all week...

Edit: Oh, sorry, I just repeated your last line!

Last edited:
£9.50 all in on ebay (considered purchase)

Debbie's off........Paul would love this

Debbie seems to be settling in nicely. 'We'll call you back at our expense' is a favourite line. Did you see her with Becky Boom yesterday? She was very excitable, not quite to the maniacal levels we are used to from the rest of that shower but much more so than her QVC days.

Maybe she's a Bid natural?

Latest posts

Back