Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was surprised by how many words they got in. there was definately a 15second period where jt let them talk haha.

Ahhhh sir guy kean. the cult hero. the man who turns up, only to prevent someone else from getting work. great man

I never forget the time Jenny had two guests from a make up company, it was excruciating.

Ideal World have a really awful man called Howard who is terrible for talking over guests but Takeover Topp is the clear champion in her field.

And her bullshitting gets better and better too.

I never forget the time Jenny had two guests from a make up company, it was excruciating.

Ideal World have a really awful man called Howard who is terrible for talking over guests but Takeover Topp is the clear champion in her field.

And her bullshitting gets better and better too.

That's why I call her Jenny Gobb.

That's why I call her Jenny Gobb.

Jenny is very enthusiastic but maybe needs to be a bit more aware of the other people she is presenting with, i.e. Just be quiet now and again and give someone else 10 seconds of airtime!

Poor Debbie is on with Greasy Russell who is being as smutty as ever. I hope she has a good scrub when she gets home.

Trust me Momma, she'll LOVE art (speaking of which LISA BRASH is back tonight with a delightful Butterfly Canvas).

I wish her well in her new venture. To be honest the only thing I really know about 'her' is that her husband's voice was the first ever heard on Channel 4 in 1982.

View attachment 9690

She used to co-present Breakfast Time with Frank Bough back in the day. I'm sure Peter will be in his element, another ex-BBC bod on board - they'll be swapping stories about the good old days when they used to rule the roost, no doubt...

At 54, Debbie looks pretty good, I have to say...I think James looks a little starstruck with his co-host !

She used to co-present Breakfast Time with Frank Bough back in the day. I'm sure Peter will be in his element, another ex-BBC bod on board - they'll be swapping stories about the good old days when they used to rule the roost, no doubt...

At 54, Debbie looks pretty good, I have to say...I think James looks a little starstruck with his co-host !

Poor Debbie, she's used to selling Lulu Guinness and now what does she have to tout?

A bright red, patchwork Rozzer Benini made of scrag ends. Speaking of Rozzer the lovely Jenny Topp was referring to Ms Benini earlier as 'she'.

I do hope Debbie Greenwood stays. She is so professional compared to the stable crop of 'current' presenters.

She's on a totally different level to James Russell (whom she is co-presenting with at the moment)...

I do hope Debbie Greenwood stays. She is so professional compared to the stable crop of 'current' presenters.

She's on a totally different level to James Russell (whom she is co-presenting with at the moment)...

I hope so too. It did cross my mind she may have been brought in for just a bit to give their interminable festive tatt some credibility.

Or give their interminably dreadful presenters some credibility :mysmilie_8:

It's noticeable that she is reining in Russell every time he descends into making inane comments - and she obviously doesn't like him making fun of her. A touch of frostiness between them already, I reckon ! I wonder if she's been introduced to Lisa Brash yet?

So I tune into Bid for the first time in over a week and what do I find? Debbie Greenwood and the lovely Dallas (still managing to look hot) in a gorilla onesie! What's going on?

Poor Debbie, she's used to selling Lulu Guinness and now what does she have to tout?

A bright red, patchwork Rozzer Benini made of scrag ends. Speaking of Rozzer the lovely Jenny Topp was referring to Ms Benini earlier as 'she'.

Bet she'd never thought she'd have to flog a gorilla onesie on her second day. James thinks it's the best thing they've ever sold on the channel - Debbie seems a little less enthusiastic.

Bet she'd never thought she'd have to flog a gorilla onesie on her second day. James thinks it's the best thing they've ever sold on the channel - Debbie seems a little less enthusiastic.

I wonder if she'll ever have to endure a stint with Dirty Peter?

I do hope not, she seems far too nice to be put through an ordeal like that. :mysmilie_50:

Peter did not look best pleased when his assistant called him a "dirty old man" after he said "I'm enjoying this" when she pressed her mike up close to him so viewers could hear the singing Xmas jumper.

I liked Debbie's aside with James earlier...."I'm not too sure yet how the pricing policy works here" Oh, dear sweet innocent Debbie, do you really know what you've signed up to?

I actually thought the chemistry between her and russell was good. i think it gave me the perspective that russell may be more tolerable when he is presenting as a duo.

The opposite for miss topp. just give her a segment as opposed to making other presenters look bad by giving the impression they cannot hang with her in terms of talking (which they can't)

Debbie is so NOT going to 'work' well on this channel in my opinion. She does seem to sell everything like it'll be available all day, so no rush, sort of feeling. She's far too calm and collected and I fear she will either have to drop into 'fruit seller' mode ala all the others or move elsewhere. Debbie is a very classy appearing lady in all ways and I think being on this channel seems to make everyone very chavvy appearing. Elisa for example used to be quite watchable on other channels, but on here she just reminds me of a fishwife :p unbearable.

I must add though that Andy hodgson is the exception to this, he is pure genius and wasted on Bidtv. His shows on a sunday afternoon are the best thing on telly and often he doesn't sell much, well we all know its because people are just watching him for the entertainment and almost forget he's selling :) I think QVC are missing a trick by not trying to steal him, his humour along with being the consummate proffesional with ZERO low down tactics to sell something would fit beautifully.

Debbie is so NOT going to 'work' well on this channel in my opinion. She does seem to sell everything like it'll be available all day, so no rush, sort of feeling. She's far too calm and collected and I fear she will either have to drop into 'fruit seller' mode ala all the others or move elsewhere. Debbie is a very classy appearing lady in all ways and I think being on this channel seems to make everyone very chavvy appearing. Elisa for example used to be quite watchable on other channels, but on here she just reminds me of a fishwife :p unbearable.

I think she will fit in great. I have noticed over this last year bid has been trying to be more like IW and Q. They have lots of guests coming into the studio and dpending longer on certain items. Maybe the crash bang wallop is going to be faded out and bid will hire more presenters like DG to help change their style? They certainly seem to want to.

Latest posts

Back