Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dunno where?

He said it on facebook on the day he quit Gems TV, he said something along the lines that it was his last day selling crap on shopping telly but posted it BEFORE his final shift! Then he got into unseemly slanging matches with people who were quite rightly dismayed by his attitude.

Still, at least he displayed 'candour'. But not much humility though :wink:

Last edited:
He said it on facebook on the day he quit Gems TV, he said something along the lines that it was his last day selling crap on shopping telly but posted it BEFORE his final shift! Then he got into unseemly slanging matches with people who were quite rightly dismayed by his attitude.

Still, at least he displayed 'candour'. But not much humility though :wink:

Ah. Ok. I get it now. He did a 'Ratners' lol oh well. We all make howlers now and then. I bet he is reminded of it all the time lol

Ah. Ok. I get it now. He did a 'Ratners' lol oh well. We all make howlers now and then. I bet he is reminded of it all the time lol

I guess so, I just wonder when his howlers are going to end though. You made a pertinent point earlier on, this guy shouldn't be let within a mile of technology. He's a liability, I genuinely kid you not.

He should stick to selling Jee Ahhh Nee Reee Chee, or Fileeep Muuur See Yey. He sure can pronounce them nicely, it's just a shame he dosen't seem to know that the Smartphones and Tablets have 'Capacitive' screens as opposed to Ca-Pack-Tive ones.

Mind you, in the big technology picture that really is the least of his worries :wink: I'm really rather impressed with Mike Mason and his tech sales lately, he's doing really well. I know I have taken the mickey out of him but credit where's it due. He's light years ahead of Russell with gadgets and gizmos, in fact he's better all round. In my opinion.

Last edited:
Whats the deal with these Oskar Emil watches? Steve keeps saying for us to go check the Oskar Emil website where they are selling a watch that he's going to be selling for... £414 or there abouts. I've looked on various watch forums and most I have seen say they are poor quality and they pretend to be expensive watches with a "inflated MSRP" to make them appear expensive.

Steves comments:

"Go check the £414 price tag.... I'm going to do you an incredible deal"....

"This is now a Publicity stunt…. If we can keep hold of as many of these as we can .. we will".....

"You can buy 3 of these from us and still have money left over compared to what you will pay on the Oskar Emil website for just one..."

In the end it went for £119.99p. I think they sold about 70. Maybe they are top end watches but I've never heard of the brand.

Last edited:
Whats the deal with these Oskar Emil watches? Steve keeps saying for us to go check the Oskar Emil website where they are selling a watch that he's going to be selling for... £414 or there abouts. I've looked on various watch forums and most I have seen say they are poor quality and they pretend to be expensive watches with a "inflated MSRP" to make them appear expensive.

Steves comments:

"Go check the £414 price tag.... I'm going to do you an incredible deal"....

"This is now a Publicity stunt…. If we can keep hold of as many of these as we can .. we will".....

"You can buy 3 of these from us and still have money left over compared to what you will pay on the Oskar Emil website for just one..."

In the end it went for £119.99p. I think they sold about 70. Maybe they are top end watches but I've never heard of the brand.

They have had upheld complaints about exaggerating the heritage of this brand!

It's just one of a long line of products that have their own website with utterly preposterous RRP's to assist resellers. I'm thinking Laurelle, Skin Pharmacy, Skin Chemists, Aquaswiss and of course Oskar Emil. It's so grubby and disingenuous buy hey, this is Sit-Up!

MacDonald's 'high end' watch sales are often pretty grim. However, I heard a rumour there'll be proof of this very soon (maybe even next Wednesday) but I don't know if that is fact or not :wink:

No p&p at the moment. product is a warwick purple damask design rug.... price comes up as £11.99 so peter sherlock says "normally i would say thats 20 quid delivered"

... erm... you wouldn't. haha

No p&p at the moment. product is a warwick purple damask design rug.... price comes up as £11.99 so peter sherlock says "normally i would say thats 20 quid delivered"

... erm... you wouldn't. haha

When selling another of his magic skin potions he just say without even a flicker of irony 'I think the best thing people can say is "you look alright for your age", I don't want to younger, I don't want to look younger, I don't think I possibly could look much younger than I am'.

Really? Then what the hell was he doing just a few months back getting his face injected with poison and ending up looking like a ****** thunderbird puppet!!! The other one (Brash) is even worse, going on about how fabulous Sen and Skin Pharmacy is when her face looks like it has been frozen in time, The Sphinx has more facial movement than her!!

And what's this 'Payday Weekend' rubbish? I'm sure it is for some people but Monday is the last working day of the month when everyone I know gets paid, I certainly do. And the way he is talking about Betty Boop as if 'she' is a real person is just plain weird. In fact really weird.

Last edited:
When selling another of his magic skin potions he just say without even a flicker of irony 'I think the best thing people can say is "you look alright for your age", I don't want to younger, I don't want to look younger, I don't think I possibly could look much younger than I am'.

Really? Then what the hell was he doing just a few months back getting his face injected with poison and ending up looking like a ****** thunderbird puppet!!! The other one (Brash) is even worse, going on about how fabulous Sen and Skin Pharmacy is when her face looks like it has been frozen in time, The Sphinx has more facial movement than her!!

And what's this 'Payday Weekend' rubbish? I'm sure it is for some people but Monday is the last working day of the month when everyone I know gets paid, I certainly do. And the way he is talking about Betty Boop as if 'she' is a real person is just plain weird. In fact really weird.

i will say in the interest of fairness, when brash was reading out the tweets she was getting, she was reading out the negative ones.

Sherlock is an interesting one, on one hand i do like him but on the other he is a "i live my life by the way it took to make this sale" like most of them.

i will say in the interest of fairness, when brash was reading out the tweets she was getting, she was reading out the negative ones.

Sherlock is an interesting one, on one hand i do like him but on the other he is a "i live my life by the way it took to make this sale" like most of them.

He is likable chap and obviously he's a salesman so we expect the patter which is absolutely fine but jeez, he is unbelievably contradictory.

Then again I suppose we all are, to differing extents!

He is likable chap and obviously he's a salesman so we expect the patter which is absolutely fine but jeez, he is unbelievably contradictory.

Then again I suppose we all are, to differing extents!

indeed, i feel that people sometimes take our observations as outright hateful. i personally feel its the company that allows whatever gets said, to be said.

Really its not peter simons fault if he isnt reprimanded etc.

indeed, i feel that people sometimes take our observations as outright hateful. i personally feel its the company that allows whatever gets said, to be said.

Really its not peter simons fault if he isnt reprimanded etc.

Peter Simon seems to be tolerated as he is the 'star' but I honestly believe that Sit-Up might end up regretting allowing his, lets say, less than compliant behaviour to continue.

Last edited:
Peter Simon seems to be tolerated as he is the 'star' but I honestly believe that Sit-Up might end up regretting allowing his, lets say, less than compliant behaviour to continue.

Thats the thing. the onus is not on peter simon... its on the people behind the scenes.

Thats the thing. the onus is not on peter simon... its on the people behind the scenes.

Spot on Mr Tom. As distasteful and thoroughly miserable many of the selling tactics are it's the management who are ultimately responsible.

Unfortunately it's the faces of the channels that will suffer if the worst does happen, it's their mugs that will be plastered all over the TV and Press and we all remember just how horrendous Mason and Sherlock sounded when the radio selectively chose what they wanted to broadcast.

The radio clips were nothing to what could happen, a cynical TV Producer could literally have a field day with some of the shenanigans I have witnessed this last couple of years :eek:

Spot on Mr Tom. As distasteful and thoroughly miserable many of the selling tactics are it's the management who are ultimately responsible.

Unfortunately it's the faces of the channels that will suffer if the worst does happen, it's their mugs that will be plastered all over the TV and Press and we all remember just how horrendous Mason and Sherlock sounded when the radio selectively chose what they wanted to broadcast.

The radio clips were nothing to what could happen, a cynical TV Producer could literally have a field day with some of the shenanigans I have witnessed this last couple of years :eek:

iv never heard the radio thing, is it available to listen to?

The real crooks are the people who continually see the presenters bullshit and encourage it. ultimately the presenters will merely do what they can get away with.

iv never heard the radio thing, is it available to listen to?

The real crooks are the people who continually see the presenters bullshit and encourage it. ultimately the presenters will merely do what they can get away with.

I don't know where you could hear it now Mr T. Sherlock was on Radio 4 and Mason on Radio 2 and you can imagine what they sound like when they are in full flow, it was painful!

I cannot remember what Mike was selling but Sherlock was flogging dirt cheap false tan as if it was top drawer and it was exactly the same brand (Expose) that is available in Poundland :grin:

I don't know where you could hear it now Mr T. Sherlock was on Radio 4 and Mason on Radio 2 and you can imagine what they sound like when they are in full flow, it was painful!

I cannot remember what Mike was selling but Sherlock was flogging dirt cheap false tan as if it was top drawer and it was exactly the same brand (Expose) that is available in Poundland :grin:

They shouldn't be able to sell a item from poundland without mentioning it is that type of item.

Not 'everything' in poundland is ****... but they shouldnt be portraying it as elite.

They shouldn't be able to sell a item from poundland without mentioning it is that type of item.

Not 'everything' in poundland is ****... but they shouldnt be portraying it as elite.

You know how Sherlock likes to say 'check the website' for stores like House of Fraser and Harrods? I'm just waiting for him to tell us to check the website of a store in his hometown and around the country (T J Hughes) which is now selling the whole range of Laurelle Sexxy Shoo for £7.99.

But I won't hold my breath :wink:

http://www.tjhughes.co.uk/fragrance-beauty/fragrance/ladies-fragrance/laurelle-sexy-shoe-black-100ml-eau-de-parfum

http://www.tjhughes.co.uk/fragrance-beauty/fragrance/ladies-fragrance/laurelle-sexy-shoe-red-100ml-eau-de-parfum

http://www.tjhughes.co.uk/fragrance-beauty/fragrance/ladies-fragrance/laurelle-sexy-shoe-pink-100ml-eau-de-parfum

Russell just made me laugh, he said that Tablet Woman Esther is back tonight with Peter Simon and patronising as ever he said 'thank goodness you're here to help him'. Actually I think James could do with some help with tablets and smartphones himself :wink:

Last edited:
I must say mr wirral i have no complaints about her, as guests go, she even gets respect from mason himself.

Russell is on a different level... he has no entrance, this saddens me

I must say mr wirral i have no complaints about her, as guests go, she even gets respect from mason himself.

Russell is on a different level... he has no entrance, this saddens me

He probably thinks he's a tech expert. I beg to differ, as do (possibly) the ASA :grin:

Latest posts

Back