Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't think Nicola will be back. She's living it large selling bras in Oz.

OK. Then maybe they should try and poach some presenters from other channels.

What about Dame Julia Roberts from QVC, could she shill a Book Magnifier or a Banke B Parrot Jumper?

I know it's hardly Lulu Guinness or Apple but could she be tempted by the thought of working with Mike Mason?

Perhaps 'oh Gosh' Greenwood could get on the blower to her erstwhile colleagues over at QVC and I'm sure they could be lured to BID. I can already see a partnership between DIY Charlie and Julian Ballantyne, Jill Franks doing beauty with Peter Sherlock. I'm quite sure Jill couldn't live without Divine Decandance. Dame Julia taking over from our Leese with the fashion, 'Sabine is in the 16, I'm in the small' imagine the oneupmanship between Jenny and Julia!!
Maybe even some guests would come too...L'Occitane Alexis and Mike? Peony flower woman and Salleh? I'd watch that.

Perhaps 'oh Gosh' Greenwood could get on the blower to her erstwhile colleagues over at QVC and I'm sure they could be lured to BID. I can already see a partnership between DIY Charlie and Julian Ballantyne, Jill Franks doing beauty with Peter Sherlock. I'm quite sure Jill couldn't live without Divine Decandance. Dame Julia taking over from our Leese with the fashion, 'Sabine is in the 16, I'm in the small' imagine the oneupmanship between Jenny and Julia!!
Maybe even some guests would come too...L'Occitane Alexis and Mike? Peony flower woman and Salleh? I'd watch that.

Now I like that, I like that a lot.

I see Mondays 'The Nations Favourite' with Julia and Dirty Peter being a real winner.

Everyone loves a Dame, two is even better :mysmilie_59:

Me too! 'ere jools we expected to get more for it than that didn't we' 'our jools and me have been selling fashion for nigh in 20 years int we jools' *jools flicking hair. Face like a horse in a huff*

Now I like that, I like that a lot.

I see Mondays 'The Nations Favourite' with Julia and Dirty Peter being a real winner.

Speaking of the 'Nations Favourite' what, according to Peter Simon, is the 'nations favourite colour'??????????/
Clue-he was selling plastic shoes for women-see below for answer.

Of course you knew all along -the nations favourite colour is tan.

Mike Mason selling towels. "When I stay in posh hotels I always look at the towels and they look like this". Bid must pay a lot as he often does his spiel about posh hotels.

Mike is a man with very good taste. Not only does he know great sound, he knows a good towel when he sees it.

Mike Mason selling towels. "When I stay in posh hotels I always look at the towels and they look like this". Bid must pay a lot as he often does his spiel about posh hotels.

He said when he does corporate events they put him up in a posh hotel, for example The Grosvenor.

image.jpg

Their research tells them that viewers regard the words 'hotel' and 'posh hotels' as aspirational so you will often hear Sally Klaxxon , Neil Russell and Mike Mason using them, particularly when selling towels and sheets.

Their research tells them that viewers regard the words 'hotel' and 'posh hotels' as aspirational so you will often hear Sally Klaxxon , Neil Russell and Mike Mason using them, particularly when selling towels and sheets.

Bid TV. The channel for aspirational 30 something's.

image.jpg

That poor old cow has just received delivery of a Banke B jumpsuit.

I heard Mike saying he does corporate events!! You wouldn't think they'd put the pot man up in a posh hotel would you.....

I heard Mike saying he does corporate events!! You wouldn't think they'd put the pot man up in a posh hotel would you.....

If it means him staying away for yet more time I bet his goddess makes sure he has a full diary of them.

It'll be the word 'premier' that will give him the impression it's upmarket. Mike isn't very bright

Last edited:
A while ago someone on facebook had said that the label on the Boom limescale remover said 'do not use on Chrome'. They didn't notice this until after they'd sprayed it all over their chrome taps which subsequently ruined them. The comment was removed.

Someone else on facebook said the radiator valves did not fit their radiators nor the radiators of anyone they knew. The comment was removed. Strange that because Mike has fitted them onto all his radiators no problem.

Last edited:
A while ago someone on facebook had said that the label on the Boom limescale remover said 'do not use on Chrome'. They didn't notice this until after they'd sprayed it all over their chrome taps which subsequently ruined them. The comment was removed.

Someone else on facebook said the radiator valves did not fit their radiators nor the radiators of anyone they knew. The comment was removed. Strange that because Mike has fitted them onto all his radiators no problem.

I can't comment on Boom! but I have it on good authority from a qualified Plumber that they are not suitable for all radiators and not because of the size of the nut but because it depends what Boiler you have, it's something to do with how the pressure in created in the boiler.

I can't comment on Boom! but I have it on good authority from a qualified Plumber that they are not suitable for all radiators and not because of the size of the nut but because it depends what Boiler you have, it's something to do with how the pressure in created in the boiler.

I purchased 2 off the internet (59p each I think it was) & tried for at least 2 hours to fit them and then had a look on the internet and people were saying just as you mention that they can be unsuitable and quite often not even fit. It goes to show that money saving gadgets can often cost you in the long run... in my case it was £1.18 lol. Thankfully it wasn't the £7.99 + £1.53 it would of cost me off Bid if I had purchased via the phone.

Latest posts

Back