Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love the word 'Schlock', you can imagine who I immediately thought of when I read the definition :mysmilie_19:

and I love the alliteration of schlock n spiel
do you think Shocked Faced Schlock n Spiel Sherlock is taking it one step too far?

and I love the alliteration of schlock n spiel
do you think Shocked Faced Schlock n Spiel Sherlock is taking it one step too far?

If you had said 'Shocked Face Shyster Shylock Schlock 'n' Spiel Sherlock' I would say 'Yes deedee, you are taking it a step too far'.

But as you didn't (and who would?) I would say you're fine :mysmilie_19:

If you had said 'Shocked Face Shyster Shylock Schlock 'n' Spiel Sherlock' I would say 'Yes deedee, you are taking it a step too far'.

But as you didn't (and nobody would) I would say you're fine :mysmilie_19:

well Wirral it's a funny thing, and I have to be honest here (you all know I'm the most honest forumite on this website, I tell it like it is me and I know you trust me to do right by you) because I did put that but it was just going too far so I modified it
sorry I had a presenter moment there, I apologise :doh::confused::mysmilie_477:

Salleh had 70 odd round gem lampshades left at £14.99++ a pop

She said she loved her interior design, as we all know, and offered her great knowledge of where to put it. She also put her hands up to it so we could get an idea of how big it is.

One thing that this channel needs sorting out is describing/measuring what they're selling. Why not give as much info as possible about the actual product rather than all the 'fluff' about 'my Aunty Hilda would love this'......what use is that to anybody?

BTW have they stopped tie wearing? Neil had a suit with shirt no tie last night and Pocket sized Mark is the same tonight

He's just sold out of the Buddha Money Frog :mysmilie_13:

She said she loved her interior design, as we all know, and offered her great knowledge of where to put it. She also put her hands up to it so we could get an idea of how big it is.

One thing that this channel needs sorting out is describing/measuring what they're selling. Why not give as much info as possible about the actual product rather than all the 'fluff' about 'my Aunty Hilda would love this'......what use is that to anybody?

BTW have they stopped tie wearing? Neil had a suit with shirt no tie last night and Pocket sized Mark is the same tonight

I totally agree
I have bought things from the channels in the past and I've fed back to them about giving accurate sizing, especially for things like handbags, we need factual information not just 'it'll fit over your winter coat' or 'I'd buy this for my sister' or, even worse, 'yeah, lovely, yeah, exactly, yeah, great'
it definitely is an area that needs tightening up

I noticed GOLLUM didn't wear a tie either, I can't remember whether The Dirty Peter did.

Mark Ryes always shifts plenty of stock but I think it's because he's knowledgeable and explains well, he clearly does research. Sally didn't even know how to pronounce the name of the Cyclax Acai Berry Day Cream despite claiming how fantastic it is, she had to ask Neil.

And she supposedly loves beauty products!

I totally agree
I have bought things from the channels in the past and I've fed back to them about giving accurate sizing, especially for things like handbags, we need factual information not just 'it'll fit over your winter coat' or 'I'd buy this for my sister' or, even worse, 'yeah, lovely, yeah, exactly, yeah, great'
it definitely is an area that needs tightening up

I suspect that in the past they have been deliberately disingenuous just to shift stock to as many people as possible. Portelli-Foreman is a classic example of that, it's pretty apparent she would sell a size 8 to Our Bet if she thought she could.

Or if she existed :mysmilie_59:

I noticed GOLLUM didn't wear a tie either, I can't remember whether The Dirty Peter did.

Mark Ryes always shifts plenty of stock but I think it's because he's knowledgeable and explains well, he clearly does research. Sally didn't even know how to pronounce the name of the Cyclax Acai Berry Day Cream despite claiming how fantastic it is, she had to ask Neil.

And she supposedly loves beauty products!

I saw that and was a bit bemused as I'd heard Tanya twice say it on preview. Was Salleh not listening and what about the supposed 'research' they do in the many hours behind the scenes before they go in front of camera?

I saw that and was a bit bemused as I'd heard Tanya twice say it on preview. Was Salleh not listening and what about the supposed 'research' they do in the many hours behind the scenes before they go in front of camera?

I suppose we should be grateful she's even turned up!

it's very interesting how it's showing now more than ever who is knowledgeable and who isn't
they've all had their blagging comfort blanket taken away and have to actually work
it's showing how very polished, professional and prepared the likes of Caroline and Mark really are

it's very interesting how it's showing now more than ever who is knowledgeable and who isn't
they've all had their blagging comfort blanket taken away and have to actually work
it's showing how very polished, professional and prepared the likes of Caroline and Mark really are

Absolutely deedee. There's a lot more to selling than screaming, shouting, being generally vulgar, trying (and mostly failing) to be funny and let's face it, telling fibs.

The playing field seems as if it's been seriously levelled and about time too. I'm delighted :mysmilie_59:

speaking of which Sally is getting hysterical about a 100% polyester top.

Sabine , please stop wearing belts with every item you are modelling!

Sabine is a belt girl absolutely delicious, she puts belts on everything doesn't she
it's great that she's a curvier model and I think she does a good job but I think she thinks she's smaller than she is
she favours the sexy look with everything she wears - good on ya Sabine - but I don't know if she represents the majority of the Bid demographic
she's a professional model and more used to working with much better quality clothing than Bid sell so I feel she's wasted on these channels
I really admire her, she's clearly very confident with her own body shape and size

Dirty Peter just called it 'Cyclops'.

I've had enough of these two cooing phoneys, I can't bare them any longer. It's Brash time!

Latest posts

Back