Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The gallery is a term for the production control room in which the producers, production assistant and vision mixers and others sit (those who have control of what is being broadcast and what graphics go where, audio stuff and checking information). There's another area called the master control room that controls what is being broadcast and what 'adverts' to show or pre-recorded video tape (VT) all digital now but some people still say 'roll VT' It depends how big the production is as to what they've got in there. But the presenters have an earpiece that they are being given direction and info from the gallery, so they can hear backchat between people in the gallery, in their ear, as they are talking to us. I think this very much is a trial period from create and craft. There was a preview show with the guy on create and craft Dan. And he pretty much said there was a gap in the market and they took it. I would imagine they will try and find an outdoor space to test the lawnmowers and ride the ebikes as before.
Thanks for the detail on a gallery set up. I was also thinking more along the lines of what is their gallery like given the low cost feel of it all? Half a normal sized one? Or just one person doing the lot…

Crafting guy is doing a demo involving Leaves, which he said he picked off the tree in the Garden area at the Studios, so it seems they do have a garden
Nene House, although can't get a street view of the back from the A605, trees obscure everything.

nene.JPG

NENE2.JPG

Any updates lately
Hi Jazzy, as it happens we got a brief e-mail on the 22nd Aug saying Kroll had finally cancelled flexi pay instalments with immediate effect! They sent a list of customer FAQ's along with a form to claim back any money owed to us on the initial payment. On our cancelled order. The truth being you end up attempting to make a claim along with all the others who are owed. I would like to thank all who gave practical & emotional support during the not so Ideal W Nightmare event, particularly Duke & you. I do wonder how many have been left with awful financial loss due to the events of IW going into administration. Many who shopped in the last month of trading? Outcome we learned never to be a TV shopper ever again! Trust No One!

Hi Jazzy, as it happens we got a brief e-mail on the 22nd Aug saying Kroll had finally cancelled flexi pay instalments with immediate effect! They sent a list of customer FAQ's along with a form to claim back any money owed to us on the initial payment. On our cancelled order. The truth being you end up attempting to make a claim along with all the others who are owed. I would like to thank all who gave practical & emotional support during the not so Ideal W Nightmare event, particularly Duke & you. I do wonder how many have been left with awful financial loss due to the events of IW going into administration. Many who shopped in the last month of trading? Outcome we learned never to be a TV shopper ever again! Trust No One!
Thats good, Glad it got sort, but shouldn’t have had to be that way

Not happy by the look of it…
View attachment 26397
Hi Duke, Just did a reply to Jazzy regarding an update on the rotten Rattan saga. I have a huge thank you. We heard all be it very briefly. I still feel a tad frazzled. Tell you what I could do with a good mug of tea while sitting on a garden chair. I know my hubby & I followed your intel to the book. Your knowledge without doubt kept us in one piece (not 7) :))) Needless to say we learned never to shop with any one on TV again. EVER!

Thats good, Glad it got sort, but shouldn’t have had to be that way
No it should not have been that way at all. The stress caused to all concerned. I feel for those who are alone, out of pocket & at a loss. My nerves are in shreds. Mainly due to the wall of secrecy imposed, that others hide behind. Well I guess that is a lesson in modern corporate living we could all do without.

Watched the top of the 11pm hour last night, was cringey,Shaun and Den hugged then, she went to say, She has known Shaun for 23 years, and when her daughter was born, she was ill, so didn’t have a god father, and Shaun become her godfather, they both love each other, not like that, and they have outings as a family,

it’s taken me a while, i blame it on my age.
I couldn’t work out what family friendship and fun was supposed to mean in relation to a shopping channel but the penny has just dropped.
They, the ex ideal world presenters, have worked together for so many years, they became friends and now consider themselves family and they are having fun.
Stuff the mugs sorry I mean customers who buy into the hype, they see themselves as the shopping telly equivalent of internent influencers with their own set of followers who will blindly buy whatever they recommend.

i could be wrong I often am but Tis where my meandering thoughts have landed. 😳

Latest posts

Back