Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must’ve misheard them earlier. I thought they were doing a collectables hour? Instead I’ve got the Lemonade Twins on repeat with that wretched blanket and their oleaginous, simpering sycophancy …

This going constantly going back to repeating the same clips every few minutes of an item that the live show presenter in the studio could be selling themselves reminds me of the final days of Ideal World and Rattangate… At least they had the excuse that it was probably more attractive to see the rattan furniture in the garden in the form of old clips, rather than studio bound in the present. I can see absolutely no reason whatsoever tonight why they needed to re-run the same old tedious blanket clip at least five or six times when the Irish woman was sat on her arse with one, apparently doing nothing while it played.

book.jpg

Truly a joy to see classics of the food literature world back on sale.

Oh joy
I’m soooo excited I can’t WAIT
found today in my email box.

Attachments

• F0260324-330D-4E00-8A6D-C290CB1761E0.png
    F0260324-330D-4E00-8A6D-C290CB1761E0.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 40
The Queen of Rattan taking former IW customers for fools,the email reads disturbingly like nothing has happened!

Loved this bit.

"Your loyalty and continued support have been the cornerstone of our channel’s success."

Success? If going into administration twice in 3 years is deemed a success i would hate to see what failure looks like. :eek::ROFLMAO:

I’m happy to be proved wrong, but I always thought what they were doing was a huge gamble, and they should’ve actually bided their time and waited. Revenge is a dish best served cold, as they say, but they jumped into this very small operation almost immediately and were very very loud about both it, and critical in equal measures of the former name they all worked for. That doesn’t make it exactly easy for them to suddenly reappear on the new Ideal World, or for the people starting the new channel to want them to reappear. Some of the more sensible people like Mason kept noticeably quiet, and retained a low profile, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him back fronting the new venture. But with these four, it seems that they let bitterness/rashness rule their heads and moved into something even the most optimistic of us can’t see being particularly successful, or anything other than short-term.
I suspect that the returning Ideal World will definitely include the Bid-Up four, along with new presenters, and perhaps TJC existing ones to also cover slots. I would be very surprised to see anybody who has appeared on Shop Extra appearing on it certainly in terms of presenters, and long time old IW models/experts on the new version. Product floggers like Reynolds and the free scissors bloke could certainly cross over with their wares though.

Do you think any of the 4 will say anything
What can they say? I think, being truthful, none of us could see the channel coming back. And certainly not in identical form more or less. And most certainly not in just a few weeks from its closure. I think the four of them might now be better served in trying to make their new venture at least stretch into the longer term, and forget what's gone - however bitter a pill that is to swallow. The four of them may well be deluded enough to believe Ideal World was and is them, and can't function without them. At this very moment , they are possibly using those outdated telephone receivers from the Shop Extra promotional ad, hanging on the telephone (Blondie), longingly awaiting the green light to return. Let's hope it's a reverse charges one as it might be a long wait. Picture This scenario and hope the whole thing doesn't go Atomic for them. Er..that's enough Blondie references..

Heres is a example of how Shopping TV should work

On Create and Craft they are selling a sewing machine, under 2 different item numbers, One comes with a bundle of free fabric, both at the same price, The presenter said 2 of you are ordering, the item without the bundle, please take that out of your basket, and reorder can’t see that IW mob doing that

Product floggers like Reynolds and the free scissors bloke could certainly cross over with their wares though.

Just a case of when and not if for them.

After all, would you rather flog your tat on a hidden channel no-ones watches (and most who do get there by accident after sitting on their remote control) or flog your tat on the channel most of your customers a) know you from and b) can find in the EPG without taking an online course

Not a hard decision.

The "problem" for Drone-Phone, Simon Lies, Solar Reynolds et al is TJC has plenty of stuff to sell and and might not want those brands back as much as those brands want to be back ;)

Just had to click on channel 51 couldn’t stay long as the upbeat message and music would soon have had me throwing a shoe at the screen. I noticed that the id that comes up to tell you what channel your on now says tjc beauty under ideal world

Latest posts

Back