Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It will be interesting to see where Mason and Becque turn up shopping channel wise. Maybe the latter prefers his life coach role nowadays. Mason is the more interesting case. Clearly, someone who can sell really well, and underneath all the cheeky cockney chappie persona, a bloke with some intellectual depth to him. QVC is an unlikely venue as they might fear his ‘pronouns’ are not in tune with the yoghurt knitting PC tree culture there. You wonder if TJC will try a more general goods separate channel. - TSC perhaps? Or a dedicated watch version operation..And eventually he‘ll end up fronting a new shopping channel, with a little more survival credibility than Shop Extra.

I am pretty certain they must be planning either a return to more live hours on beauty or a third channel like you say as the presenter roster is very much bulging now

QVC is an unlikely venue as they might fear his ‘pronouns’ are not in tune with the yoghurt knitting PC tree culture there.

I imagine it's Mason's more aggressive "selling style" that is going to be out of kilter with QVC than his "pronouns" (whatever you're implying by that - QVC has plenty of male presenters AFAIK. Not sure if many knit yogurt though…).

On the subject of being "PC" or otherwise.... Peter Simon. He was suspended from air on IW for making disparaging remarks about non-British people. I worry a little about him making an antiquated crass joke or doing some kind of imitation when at TJC...

Oh yeah, Shop Extra thread - umm, boring lineup of shows tonight. More collagen. More wild claims about age reversal.

Last edited:
As I’ve said before, if there’s a moderator or admin I’m able to send proof to i’d be happy to as I completely understand some of your doubts about me being a legitimate ex colleague.

The only person it wouldn’t surprise me having inside knowledge would be sally, who seemed to be talking to Hamish very closely, but I highly doubt Mike was in the know, and if he had a gut feeling he definitely wasn’t sharing it with other members of the team.

Saying this, our CEO made a lot of false promises to even those considered closest to him and didn’t let any information out about entering administration, even to the CFO of the company.

I imagine it's Mason's more aggressive "selling style" that is going to be out of kilter with QVC than his "pronouns" (whatever you're implying by that - QVC has plenty of male presenters AFAIK. Not sure if many knit yogurt though…).

On the subject of being "PC" or otherwise.... Peter Simon. He was suspended from air on IW for making disparaging remarks about non-British people. I worry a little about him making an antiquated crass joke or doing some kind of imitation when at TJC...

Oh yeah, Shop Extra thread - umm, boring lineup of shows tonight. More collagen. More wild claims about age reversal.
Whatever the claims are it’s certainly not worked for my name is Den,two minutes of droning on about absolutely nothing was enough for me.
Hopefully because the channel is hidden away,nobody has to endure this drivel.

Her relentless mentions of her family as part of her sales techniques makes her unwatchable and unlistenable for more than few seconds nowadays. Just enough time to reach for channel changer and change. Four hours of her tediously relentless home life analogies and the ‘order me this order me that’ routine (about as fresh as festering louse in a Russian’s beard) is more suitable as a barbaric interrogation technique for Guantanamo Bay, and not Tuesday evening TV.

I think they are behind caring what viewers think about the use of these relentless and repetitiously cynical at times ways of selling. Perhaps we are too stupid to spot them, they think? People tune in and tune out and never see the same thing twice? Who cares what a few people on a minority interest forum see? These are perfectly valid ways of selling that have been customary on shopping television for decades? The ASA do nothing, so what’s the problem? A combination of all of these?

I had not realised that the collagen I buy directly from the manufacturer was sold by the exIW crowd until last night. You get a much better deal directly from them. I have been using it for a couple of years which is fortunate for them as seeing it being sold on there made me think twice about the brand , it’s only because of the reliability of their distribution to me that I haven’t cancelled my subscription this morning.

No matter who the retailer is, one thing that really annoys me is sales jargon and/or branding that infers REVERSING the aging process. If this was true in the physical sense, they could charge 500x more for the products, it would be a genuine miracle product.

I bet there's small print somewhere ... ;)

The 20th edition was "basically sold out" after the first show

Been on a hell of a lot of this show they had 20 (they say) how many have actually sold?

Benedictus Vananananananananananananagas

BIG Z

Kev advertising personal appearances for BIG Z

:ROFLMAO:
I'm sure there will still be stock somewhere of the (21st?) anniversary IW watch. You know, the one they then said could be given for peoples 21st birthday etc.

Why not sell these on Shop (pay) Extra? They could put a small sticker of the new logo over the IW one and flog it to represent Shop Extra's 21st day or 21st week anniversary. I'd say 21st month but ...

I'm sure there will still be stock somewhere of the (21st?) anniversary IW watch. You know, the one they then said could be given for peoples 21st birthday etc.

Why not sell these on Shop (pay) Extra? They could put a small sticker of the new logo over the IW one and flog it to represent Shop Extra's 21st day or 21st week anniversary. I'd say 21st month but ...

Be a bit harder to get rid of those, although can see them adding to the watch story by saying, with the demise of IW these will become huuuge collectors items in the future definitely should be insured. ;)

See Kev has set up his own shop on ebay as well now, although the 21st watch ain't there, but did notice prices are rather competitive, all i can say is why shop at Shop Extra, even with club discount still dearer.

Be a bit harder to get rid of those, although can see them adding to the watch story by saying, with the demise of IW these will become huuuge collectors items in the future definitely should be insured. ;)

See Kev has set up his own shop on ebay as well now, although the 21st watch ain't there, but did notice prices are rather competitive, all i can say is why shop at Shop Extra, even with club discount still dearer.

Great spot that, Hammy 👍

I think they are behind caring what viewers think about the use of these relentless and repetitiously cynical at times ways of selling. Perhaps we are too stupid to spot them, they think? People tune in and tune out and never see the same thing twice? Who cares what a few people on a minority interest forum see? These are perfectly valid ways of selling that have been customary on shopping television for decades? The ASA do nothing, so what’s the problem? A combination of all of these?

If there's a silver lining to this bunch doing the same ol', same ol' routines, same chit, different channel, it's that bog all anyone seems to be able to tune in if the confused biddies on the SE Facebook page are anything to go by.

"I've looked all over my TV and I can't find a red button only black ones!!"

(I'm exaggerating - but they are struggling with the whack-a-mole nature of the channel's location).

Last edited:
I wondered what happens to critics on Facebook? Critics of shopping television presenter pages, for example? I assume they must be disemboweled without a general anesthetic if they dare say anything negative. Either that or blocked..

Why?

WHY?!?

Because we need to ensure the presenters are kept in the lifestyle they've become accustomed to, that's why, got it?!? Viewers should be more than happy to pay them a premium if said premium goes to those presenters who were so lucky to escape the IW mk1 fiasco. They suffered more than people fleeing war torn countries don't you know!!!

Latest posts

Back