Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It was never going to be, from day one they said it was more about helping old friends

That's just marketing guff for gullible viewers.

Hochanda global LTD, is only a few years old (old Hochanda is dead like IW), they need to make money, the repeat channel probably wasn't doing that enough for them, IW demise has created an opportunity to change the catch up channel into a money earner. Feature folks that have just lost there jobs from IW and former IW products and throw in some Family, Friendship & Fun marketing bullshit in the hope of attracting droves of former gullible IW viewers and hey presto they see a real chance to make way more money than they did showing crafting repeats, of course also a possibility to loose money as well.

Off the Create&Craft website programme guide: first Shop Extra allocated slots on Thurs 24Aug launch day; scheduled 9-10pm and 11pm-12am RDM drones, with SRyan, Shop Extra shown on CraftExtra(6-10pm) & Create&Craft (10pm to midnight?) And on Freeview 85 red button smart tv, Freesat/cable:

6-9pm TBD

18:00
To Be Confirmed

Craft Extra
19:00
To Be Confirmed

Craft Extra
20:00
To Be Confirmed

Craft Extra
21:00
LIVE! Take To The Skies With RDM Drones

Create And Craft
22:00
To Be Confirmed

Create And Craft
23:00
LIVE! Take To The Skies With RDM Drones
IN THIS SHOW
Shaun Ryan

Just realised we've been discussing Shop Extra, or 'ideal world mkII' in the IW graveyard forum for dead channels.

So copying this to kick off:

Could the Presenters be told by their new boss, to approach things more laid back like they are on Create and Craft
As if. The opening balloons were a re-run of IW launch.
Amazed they mentioned IW at all, a grateful thanks to Paul Wright and co for giving them and others new jobs... And we move onto over the top, amazing, fantastic hyperbole of drones, piranha and hard sell of loyalty clubs, 10% off, etc.

If anything, their over excitement led to even worse exaggeration than IW.
I doubt they'll tone it down.
It's like we went back 30 years...

My guess is that C&C/Wright & co. are trialling this SE launch for 4+2 hours on CE/C&C, with a view to moving it to a separate channel/platform, perhaps the defunct IW channel 51, if it proves to be a success.

Should we use this page from now
We're on the same wavelength! 😁

I watched on and off the opening hour, dipping in and out, but it was hard going.

Then started on VE watches. Are they in a broom cupboard?! What horrible drab grey, grey, grey studio. If it wasn't for the temporary balloons it would all be grey!

I know they use smaller sets on C&C (and TJC) but it's like they're in the stationery cupboard!!!

Will be wary about purchasing from them with regard to returns they are not using the asda free returns also t&c state that any non faulty items must be returned unused and saleable so no trying anything in future to see if it suits - qvc must be rubbing their hands with glee

Will be wary about purchasing from them with regard to returns they are not using the asda free returns also t&c state that any non faulty items must be returned unused and saleable so no trying anything in future to see if it suits - qvc must be rubbing their hands with glee
@markd If you look at the IW graveyard thread, you'll see many have stated will not purchase from SE on principle in the way the same 4 presenters left IW purchasers in the lurch at the end.

Nothing against C&C or it's ex-IW founder Paul Wright, and his laudable effort to help out the IW backroom staff who were made redundant, giving them new jobs, but to employ the same presenters, and products and effectively resurrect "IW2" as Shop Extra with the same sales tactics and vibe, is beyond the pale to many.

@markd If you look at the IW graveyard thread, you'll see many have stated will not purchase from SE on principle in the way the same 4 presenters left IW purchasers in the lurch at the end.

Nothing against C&C or it's ex-IW founder Paul Wright, and his laudable effort to help out the IW backroom staff who were made redundant, giving them new jobs, but to employ the same presenters, and products and effectively resurrect "IW2" as Shop Extra with the same sales tactics and vibe, is beyond the pale to many.
What I don’t get is, I flick back to C&C and it’s so relaxed, no sell sell sell, wouldn’t that style work with a General Shopping channel

What I don’t get is, I flick back to C&C and it’s so relaxed, no sell sell sell, wouldn’t that style work with a General Shopping channel

It's nowt to do with the channel, it's the presenters themselves, it's their natural style/behavior, they're so used to spouting verbal diarrhea at break neck speed. Hayley for instance has never heard of taking a breath between sentences.

Latest posts

Back