Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When IW eventually meets it's demise, will we move onto the qvc forum and assist with the death of that channel too.

It seems we are a group of... company killing bastards lol

High praise for the forum indeed Mr T. If the ridiculous goons were to sell the stuff in a more sedate manner and spend more time telling us plebs about the tat, and not their families etc, they would improve in my estimation. I caught the barra boi selling the new cooker jobby last night and he said if you've got the old version of this, give it away and get one of these! Twat. The sooner IW goes the better, it used to so much better before the ex bid mob came, but I guess it shows how desperate IW have become, so I say the sooner they are gone the better.

High praise for the forum indeed Mr T. If the ridiculous goons were to sell the stuff in a more sedate manner and spend more time telling us plebs about the tat, and not their families etc, they would improve in my estimation. I caught the barra boi selling the new cooker jobby last night and he said if you've got the old version of this, give it away and get one of these! Twat. The sooner IW goes the better, it used to so much better before the ex bid mob came, but I guess it shows how desperate IW have become, so I say the sooner they are gone the better.

see what I find interesting is that we say it was good before the bid lot came along... but shaun, dennice and gen are right up there with the shystering... I doubt it took mason, jaxx and simon to make that happen.

see what I find interesting is that we say it was good before the bid lot came along... but shaun, dennice and gen are right up there with the shystering... I doubt it took mason, jaxx and simon to make that happen.

Perhaps the influx of the ex bid goons have reduced everyone to the lowest common denominator!

I think all the TV selly telly channels have always had presenters of differing calibre. Some are very "say whatever you can to get the sales" and others have a different style.

For me, I used to like Ellis Ward (a marmite presenter for many), Loen Love, and Debbie Shore. I didn't mind Andy Love and Dave Bradford.

I used to feel sorry for Howard back in the days when he used to jewellery shows and was modelling the ladies jewellery on his own hands) and didn't mind Shaun Ryan particularly. I always found something rather unearthly about Denniece.

I cannot believe how different Genevieve Ni Reamonn is to how she used to be as the QVC Casual & Co guest, but even she is sometimes OK.

Peter and Mike have to be watched from behind a cushion as it's car-crash telly when they are on. If there are any bigger egos at IW than those two, I've not yet seen them.

I will repeat what I've said before that of the Bid entryists, I find Sally Jacks far less offensive, along with Paul Becque. I just don't fathom what IW's strategy is with the exodus of IW and C&C presenters unless it's that they can't afford to pay the salaries these presenters ask anymore.

There's no way this debacle can all be blamed on the ex Bid crew.

Sure, hiring that hyperventilating hoodlum was indicative of just how far down the pan this channel has gone but when you look at the utterly false and generally terrible 'Me Mam' Nanty, the slimy and beyond phony De Knees and the simply quite atrocious Genpleaseleave then I think that kind of shows that this channel was sliding towards the gutter before Dirty Peter and his crowd signed up. I'd mention Poo Poo as well but he's just a bit player now, if he was ever anything more.

It's a quite ghastly channel, the worst presentation bar none and their merchandise is largely diabolical. It's very hard to see what future it has if it doesn't pick up.

But it's funny though :mysmilie_19:

There's no way this debacle can all be blamed on the ex Bid crew.

Sure, hiring that hyperventilating hoodlum was indicative of just how far down the pan this channel has gone but when you look at the utterly false and generally terrible 'Me Mam' Nanty, the slimy and beyond phony De Knees and the simply quite atrocious Genpleaseleave then I think that kind of shows that this channel was sliding towards the gutter before Dirty Peter and his crowd signed up. I'd mention Poo Poo as well but he's just a bit player now, if he was ever anything more.

It's a quite ghastly channel, the worst presentation bar none and their merchandise is largely diabolical. It's very hard to see what future it has if it doesn't pick up.

But it's funny though :mysmilie_19:

what would you say makes qvc better, realistically though. (not that I am saying anyone is 'wrong' in their assessment of IW these days)

the cynic in me feels that if IW went under tomorrow, Peter Simon would end up on tjc or qvc eventually.

Mike Mason just called the coffee machine expert a ''roast master''

I'm shocked Peter Simon didn't run on and pull a face to the camera...

what would you say makes qvc better, realistically though. (not that I am saying anyone is 'wrong' in their assessment of IW these days)

the cynic in me feels that if IW went under tomorrow, Peter Simon would end up on tjc or qvc eventually.

As much as I cannot stand QVC (and I can't) I think that these days the two channels don't even bare comparison in just about everything really.

And as much of a ripoff as QVC often is (and my word it is) I suppose the difference is it's overall look, definitely its products, that it has UK Call Centres, that it doesn't use 09 Premium Rate Phonelines, that it doesn't have 1970's Cabaret Acts like LITTLE GOLLUM and Dirty Peter, that it isn't usually splattered with sexual innuendo and sexism, that it just about appears to be selling in the 21st century and not 1975, that it doesn't say they've got prices wrong, that it doesn't have a sale every 2nd or 3rd day, that it doesn't preposterously, endlessly and egregiously disingenuously tinker with pricing to make things appear like bargains, that it doesn't say 'this is definitely the last of the stock when it's gone it's gone and then surprise, surprise it's still on sale for the next 3 months at even lower prices. And that it doesn't promote mobility scooters, wills, double glazing, 'supplementary' health insurance and Cruise Holidays to resorts and even get the name of the country wrong.

Oh, and that it doesn't sell plastic sofas for £1000, or Man Made rings for £600+, or Ex Soviet Junk Watches for £600+.

But what they both have in common is that they're in the dark ages in terms of service, I'm sure they'll both just wither away in the end but I'd say QVC will be around long after Ideal World has expired, you can tell it's on its last legs already.

QVC isn't half as good as it once was. But Ideal World is totally unrecognisable to what it once was, it's garbage :mysmilie_59:

I wish iw presenters/guests would just mention hamleys and harrods for ffs. Please Stop saying that london toyshop, we all no the one the toy guru richard is mentioning.

I also noticed that in the coffee machine hour it took about 32 minutes for them to actually use the machine/make a cup of coffee. Amazing.

I wish iw presenters/guests would just mention hamleys and harrods for ffs. Please Stop saying that london toyshop, we all no the one the toy guru richard is mentioning.

I agree, that irritates me more than it probably should.

Either say hamleys or don't say anything.

As much as I cannot stand QVC (and I can't) I think that these days the two channels don't even bare comparison in just about everything really.

And as much of a ripoff as QVC often is (and my word it is) I suppose the difference is it's overall look, definitely its products, that it has UK Call Centres, that it doesn't use 09 Premium Rate Phonelines, that it doesn't have 1970's Cabaret Acts like LITTLE GOLLUM and Dirty Peter, that it isn't usually splattered with sexual innuendo and sexism, that it just about appears to be selling in the 21st century and not 1975, that it doesn't say they've got prices wrong, that it doesn't have a sale every 2nd or 3rd day, that it doesn't preposterously, endlessly and egregiously disingenuously tinker with pricing to make things appear like bargains, that it doesn't say 'this is definitely the last of the stock when it's gone it's gone and then surprise, surprise it's still on sale for the next 3 months at even lower prices. And that it doesn't promote mobility scooters, wills, double glazing, 'supplementary' health insurance and Cruise Holidays to resorts and even get the name of the country wrong.

Oh, and that it doesn't sell plastic sofas for £1000, or Man Made rings for £600+, or Ex Soviet Junk Watches for £600+.

But what they both have in common is that they're in the dark ages in terms of service, I'm sure they'll both just wither away in the end but I'd say QVC will be around long after Ideal World has expired, you can tell it's on its last legs already.

QVC isn't half as good as it once was. But Ideal World is totally unrecognisable to what it once was, it's garbage :mysmilie_59:

From reading the qvc portion of this forum, it seems that Q can do no right either haha.

you make perfectly valid points. I just feel that selly telly is bottom feeding more than ever, across the board.

I'm convinced that Catherine Huntley is not human, she just gets plugged into a charging station and is released each day when it is time for her to present.

I agree, that irritates me more than it probably should.

Either say hamleys or don't say anything.

The guest presenter ( who is probably the wholesaler ) is selling the drone with Mike Mason- 'the only other place you can get this apart from Ideal World is at a very big toy shop in London , but we're not allowed to say who BECAUSE THEY'VE SOLD OUT !!!!!!! so you can only get it here.'
Yet Hamleys website lists several drones all the marketed and packaged as Hamleys own brand and none of them are the Sky Warrior model being sold by Ideal World !
So what is the very big toy shop in London they keep banging on about ?
Mike also said that with winter coming on the drone can save you money by flying over your roof and telling you via the camera if you need roof repairs , which is a lot cheaper than getting a roofer to look at it.
I'm not making this up.

The guest presenter ( who is probably the wholesaler ) is selling the drone with Mike Mason- 'the only other place you can get this apart from Ideal World is at a very big toy shop in London , but we're not allowed to say who BECAUSE THEY'VE SOLD OUT !!!!!!! so you can only get it here.'
Yet Hamleys website lists several drones all the marketed and packaged as Hamleys own brand and none of them are the Sky Warrior model being sold by Ideal World !
Mike also said that with winter coming on the drone can save you money by flying over your roof and telling you via the camera if you need roof repairs , which is a lot cheaper than getting a roofer to look at it.
I'm not making this up.

Toys R Us.. one of the London branches? The Entertainer? Smyths?

I'm not making this up.

but I'd dare say they are definitely insinuating hamleys... and not toys r us etc. I'm sure they even once described a red colour scheme of said shop that they cannot name etc.

I wonder if when Peter Simon has made the joke about looking at a mans watch, seeing the size of his hands and linking it to him having a rather large penis.... has it ever caused anyone out there to think ''i'm convinced... i'm gonna buy one of their watches''

I wonder if when Peter Simon has made the joke about looking at a mans watch, seeing the size of his hands and linking it to him having a rather large penis.... has it ever caused anyone out there to think ''i'm convinced... i'm gonna buy one of their watches''

When I hear Peter Simon come out with crap lines like that, it just makes me think he's a complete big d*ck...

The only reason they can't mention Hamleys is because they don't sell it, never have, and possibly never will...because they've sold out, what kind of reason is that? What about the times where they show price comparisons with the likes of Littlewoods, John Lewis, debenhams on the screen and verbally too! You probably can get these helicopters cheaper elsehwere but they don't want to mention Poundstretcher, B&M bargains and market stalls!

Latest posts

Back