Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks all

Meant to mention easy pay in more detail both channel's lmo are now mentioning installments as the default rather than the option.

Gives a determined outcome for months ahead but like has been said must be a fair proportion who default.

They must have the figures that tell them paying on easy/flexible is better for the company long term or they wouldn't push it so much I think

35 quid for a 6 inch Xmas cake! And it's on advanced order

Wowsers

Hang on some chocs now for 53 quid delivered you get sme hot chocolate with it tbf!

The ideal watch shows have made me chuckle as others have said fantasy land

Just caught a snippet of SleepGenie Mattress show originally aired last night.Pete telling us in poetic terms how wonderful the mattresses are and how we needed to get them there and then as that show last night was the only show because of the special price. He reiterated that 'fact' on several occasions. Well I was watching it today,B*****liar.

Just caught a snippet of SleepGenie Mattress show originally aired last night.Pete telling us in poetic terms how wonderful the mattresses are and how we needed to get them there and then as that show last night was the only show because of the special price. He reiterated that 'fact' on several occasions. Well I was watching it today,B*****liar.

Oh gosh no not the vibrapower 2 AGAIN. It's party season just give rick hay and his mob a rest.

Now why don't they switch it up a bit? Combine the vibrapower with the mattress? Just think of the sales spiel opportunities that would give them. The smutty innuendos would be legion, and the usual suspects would be fighting over who gets to present the product combo and deliver them. Now I can't speak to how it would boost the sales volume, but it can't be any less effective than what they are already doing.

35 quid for a 6 inch Xmas cake! And it's on advanced order

Wowsers

Hang on some chocs now for 53 quid delivered you get sme hot chocolate with it tbf!

The ideal watch shows have made me chuckle as others have said fantasy land

I've just checked the website for the cake and saw a video presentation of the choc...someone clever please put a link on here to the video....It's Mrs Doyle!!!! I'm expecting her to say go on go on go on!!!!

PS...Talk about overpriced!

They're selling a 'Tower' Pie Maker. It's £29.99 but WILL go up to £79.99 tomorrow. It's supposedly exclusive to Ideal World.

Of course like all of the 'Tower' electrical range it's just yet another generic, badged up product sold under all manner of names. It's sold by Argos under a 'Kalorik' badge for £39.99, exclusive my hide! I've seen it sold on Amazon under many different guises from anywhere between £30 - £50 but never, ever £80!

http://www.idealworld.tv/354587?icn=Tower-Pie-Maker-Pick-of-the-Day-Main-Banner-1&ici=Main_Banner_1

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1625965.htm

ex bid fans will be pleased to know that Nicola George is on tjc again...

If Amit was on IW, he'd get so many comments on here, I'm certain of it.

Amit is something else Tom! Amazed he gets away with it

Seen George a few times a vile presenter if ever there was one.

Salleh going mental about the pie maker. Agree doubt they sold one ever for 80 quid 35 delivered seems a fair enough price.

"It's so busehhh it really is"

Then spends 5 minutes imploring anyone to buy one

Joe Remblance was singing the praises of a 'breakfast pie' this morning, a concoction made from "beans, black pudding and sausage, all chopped up." Having served up a slab of this unedifying mixture, Joe described it as "the perfect breakfast". It wasn't. It really wasn't :confused:

The question about who has eaten all the pies might seem a tad predictable here, but Joe's enthusiasm for any type of pie, along with his expanding waistline, does make him something of a prime candidate pie.jpg

I would like to thank Mr Tom for this thread, 400 pages and still going strong, well done for starting the thread.

Good on you :mysmilie_59::clapping:

Joe Remblance was singing the praises of a 'breakfast pie' this morning, a concoction made from "beans, black pudding and sausage, all chopped up." Having served up a slab of this unedifying mixture, Joe described it as "the perfect breakfast". It wasn't. It really wasn't :confused:

The question about who has eaten all the pies might seem a tad predictable here, but Joe's enthusiasm for any type of pie, along with his expanding waistline, does make him something of a prime candidate View attachment 12722

Quite! I can't imagine any meal that would be perfect for tbh!!!!

Now why don't they switch it up a bit? Combine the vibrapower with the mattress? Just think of the sales spiel opportunities that would give them. The smutty innuendos would be legion, and the usual suspects would be fighting over who gets to present the product combo and deliver them. Now I can't speak to how it would boost the sales volume, but it can't be any less effective than what they are already doing.

Yes that would be a classic alright.We can all guess the probable short listed presenters for that theatre of smut.
Would it becache_2461565860.jpg?
More probably this one2016-10-11-17-08-21--1260991032.jpeg
I think may be the choice for that gig.

Howard "Poo Poo" Griffiths and Joe "Pieman" Remblance were doing their pie maker sales pitch this evening, but old Poo Poo has some very strange obsessions indeed. Tonight it was people who have been recently divorced, first mentioned in conjunction with a pie being an equivalent of "a big hug", saying that "them upstairs" frowned on such comparisons but went on to give an example implying that it could be beneficial if you've been recently divorced.

I stopped watching Ideal World for a while before going back to see how Howard and Joe were getting along with their pies. Poo Poo Howard then actually said that in order to sell a pie maker we wouldn't need to use examples such as people who have been recently divorced, despite actually using that very same example half an hour earlier.

So there you go - Poo Poo openly contradicting himself live on-air as well as being unnaturally obsessed with recently-divorced people (as well as anything toilet-related, but Poo Poo couldn't do that this time of course). Like most of 2016 you literally couldn't honestly make any of this weirdness up :mysmilie_59:

Yeah...just divorced, what's the first thing you think about buying? A family sized pie maker!!!! Perhaps a single serve one would have been more appropriate! But they'll say anything, won't they?

Howard "Poo Poo" Griffiths and Joe "Pieman" Remblance were doing their pie maker sales pitch this evening, but old Poo Poo has some very strange obsessions indeed. Tonight it was people who have been recently divorced, first mentioned in conjunction with a pie being an equivalent of "a big hug", saying that "them upstairs" frowned on such comparisons but went on to give an example implying that it could be beneficial if you've been recently divorced.

I stopped watching Ideal World for a while before going back to see how Howard and Joe were getting along with their pies. Poo Poo Howard then actually said that in order to sell a pie maker we wouldn't need to use examples such as people who have been recently divorced, despite actually using that very same example half an hour earlier.

So there you go - Poo Poo openly contradicting himself live on-air as well as being unnaturally obsessed with recently-divorced people (as well as anything toilet-related, but Poo Poo couldn't do that this time of course). Like most of 2016 you literally couldn't honestly make any of this weirdness up :mysmilie_59:

No surprises here.

Old De Knees was contradicting herself yesterday too. She was selling a shat, well overpriced duvet and said that 'you couldn't buy a decent winter coat for this price' yet days earlier she was shilling some cheap & nasty winter coats for miles less.

Come to think of it maybe she wasn't contradicting herself? She did say a decent winter coat.

Very Creepy Crawley is now shilling the dismal duvet, 'ooh it's luxury, luxuriously luxury deluxe meducks with extra luxury premium luxuriousness and ooh it's so full, so plump'.

Good grief he's lame :mysmilie_59:

I've come to the regrettable(?) conclusion that Howard has lost it. This is not the first time he's said something, then said the exact opposite a while later. To use a toilet analogy (Howard would be proud of me), I think he's got diarrhoea - of the verbal kind, if not the other kind - and doesn't know what he's saying half the time.

Don't the pair of them(Creepy and Shrek) look the epitome of dodgy salesmen? The kind of people that knock on your door and you set the dog on.Creepy has a face like a smacked a***.

:mysmilie_7:

Addendum:I have never set a dog upon salesmen and none have ever to my knowledge been injured .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back